Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to sour milk

My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Well the easy way is to add a bit of acid to the milk. Either good white
vinegar or REAL lemon juice work well. 1 teaspoon per cup will curdle it
in 20 minutes or so.

--
Steve W.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

just mix in a packet of mustard and shake.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Ex-lax in milk, capsaicin in a sandwich.
Art

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

In article , "Steve B" wrote:
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

All of the following assume the guy drinks straight from the carton. None of
them are likely to work if he pours it into a glass first, because the
adulterations will be apparent.

Plan A: Dump anything strongly acidic (but edible) into it. Lemon juice or
vinegar will do nicely.

Plan B: buy a quart of milk, and a quart of buttermilk. Drink the milk, then
refill the milk carton with buttermilk. (Obviously won't work if the guy likes
buttermilk.)

Plan C: Plan B, but instead of buttermilk, use milk that you have allowed to
go sour in your fridge at home.

Plan D: Plan C using goat's milk. *Fresh* goat's milk is almost
indistinguishable from fresh cow's milk, but old, sour goat's milk has a
special flavor and aroma all its own, *much* worse than old, sour cow's milk.

Plan E: add anything edible that has a disgusting texture, such as grits,
cottage cheese, tapioca pudding, or tofu. Tofu has the added advantage of
disgusting taste as well. (Just imagine drinking milk from the carton, and
getting a mouthful of grits at the end. Yeccch.) Avocados and mangos (the
tropical fruit, not the pepper) are slimy; those might do, as well.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:

My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's
one guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but
likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a
day or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky
tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Has it occurred to you or any of your cow-orkers to simply not put your
personal stuff into a communal fridge with a big "Help Yourself" sign?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Doug Miller wrote:

Plan E: add anything edible that has a disgusting texture, such as ...
tofu...

I thought you said "edible." Please make up your mind. ;-)

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Doesn't matter who wrote:

Plan E: add anything edible that has a disgusting texture, such as
grits, cottage cheese, tapioca pudding, or tofu. Tofu has the added
advantage of disgusting taste as well. (Just imagine drinking milk
from the carton, and getting a mouthful of grits at the
end. Yeccch.) Avocados and mangos (the tropical fruit, not the
pepper) are slimy; those might do, as well.

No offense intended to y'all in the south but the slime you get when
you boil a bunch of okra is just totally revolting to anybody who
didn't grow up eating gumbos.

Dunno how well it might mix with milk or how it might look after it
did so.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message

Doesn't matter who wrote:

Plan E: add anything edible that has a disgusting texture, such as
grits, cottage cheese, tapioca pudding, or tofu. Tofu has the added
advantage of disgusting taste as well. (Just imagine drinking milk
from the carton, and getting a mouthful of grits at the
end. Yeccch.) Avocados and mangos (the tropical fruit, not the
pepper) are slimy; those might do, as well.

No offense intended to y'all in the south but the slime you get when
you boil a bunch of okra is just totally revolting to anybody who
didn't grow up eating gumbos.

Dunno how well it might mix with milk or how it might look after it
did so.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

That's snot very appetizing. d8-)

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 7 Aug 2011 08:47:11 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Replace the milk with Milk of Magnesia from the dollar store

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:
Steve B wrote:

My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge.
There's one guy who will come in and help himself to most anything
there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out
for a day or two, what's the fast track to come up with some
reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Has it occurred to you or any of your cow-orkers to simply not put
your personal stuff into a communal fridge with a big "Help Yourself"
sign?

Good Luck!
Rich

Had a guy that liked to poke into other's lunchboxes where I useta work .
Put a very inflammatory note inside my box one time because I KNEW he'd been
in it - he was seen eating something that everyone knew I brought . Of
course he couldn't say anything , because that would be an admission he was
stealing from it . But he wouldn't speak to me or look me in the eye for
several months after .

--
Snag
Learning keeps

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 07 Aug 2011 12:23:13 -0400, Steve W. wrote:

Steve B wrote:
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's
one guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but
likes milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out
for a day or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy
skanky tasting sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Well the easy way is to add a bit of acid to the milk. Either good white
vinegar or REAL lemon juice work well. 1 teaspoon per cup will curdle it
in 20 minutes or so.

Vinegar will curdle it, but won't give it that special "eww" factor that
really rotten milk has.

--
www.wescottdesign.com
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ATP ATP is offline

"Steve B" wrote in message
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's
one guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but
likes milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out
for a day or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy
skanky tasting sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Screwing with food in a communal fridge is just going to start a nasty cycle
of food adulteration. Has anybody told this guy to stop stealing milk?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mike Spencer wrote:

Doesn't matter who wrote:

Plan E: add anything edible that has a disgusting texture, such as
grits, cottage cheese, tapioca pudding, or tofu. Tofu has the added
advantage of disgusting taste as well. (Just imagine drinking milk
from the carton, and getting a mouthful of grits at the
end. Yeccch.) Avocados and mangos (the tropical fruit, not the
pepper) are slimy; those might do, as well.

No offense intended to y'all in the south but the slime you get when
you boil a bunch of okra is just totally revolting to anybody who
didn't grow up eating gumbos.

Dunno how well it might mix with milk or how it might look after it
did so.

I grew up in Minnesota, and I'd rather a bowl of gumbo to a plate of
fried eggplant or zucchini. (actually, my favorite Louisiana dish is
red beans and rice.)

Then again, my Mom learned to cook on a wood (or maybe coal) stove,
and became such an awesome cook that she could actually make Brussels
sprouts edible.

Q: What's the difference between zucchini and snot?

A: You can eat snot.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Sign on fridge

"I drink directly from certain bottles of milk in this fridge
Please only drink from bottles of milk marked with your own name as mine may
contain saliva contamination"

Watch out for the retaliation "so do I" handwritten on the sign.

-------------------------

"Steve B" wrote in message

My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:

Then again, my Mom learned to cook on a wood (or maybe coal) stove...

I still cook on a wood stove.

and became such an awesome cook that she could actually make
Brussels sprouts edible.

I can do that!

Q: What's the difference between zucchini and snot?

A: You can eat snot.

Ah! You've had zucchini cooked using the Evil Stepmother Recipe for
Broccoli.

Boil broccoli (or any not-fatally-toxic organic material) for an
hour or as needed until pulpy.

Let cool to room temp.

Compel someone to eat it.

Blee!

You gots to harvest the zucchini when the diameter of a sturdy shovel
handle, cut in 1/4" slices, dip in beaten egg and fry *briefly* in
brown butter *only till the egg is barely cooked*. Salt, pepper,
serve hot, immediately. Additions such as garlic, fresh basil, fresh
dill or a few drops of Thai hot sauce or side order of vine-ripened
tomatoes are allowed.

I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.

Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice.

And, WRT the OP, I don't think he's gonna turn milk in to a stealth
deterrent with boiled zucchini as well as with gumbo.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"ATP" wrote in message

"Steve B" wrote in message
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's
one guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but
likes milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out
for a day or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy
skanky tasting sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Screwing with food in a communal fridge is just going to start a nasty
cycle of food adulteration. Has anybody told this guy to stop stealing
milk?

One place I worked, a guy took habanero peppers, and with latex gloves, put
it all around the mouth of the jug the thief liked. The thief got two
things. Blistered lips and an ass whooping. Don't know about the younger
group here, but in the old days ......... guys took care of things in very
short cycles.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.
Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice....
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which I
believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far enough
inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating influence.

I never learned how to get it right with store-bought frozen okra.

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.
Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice....
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which I
believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far enough
inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating influence.

I never learned how to get it right with store-bought frozen okra.

jsw

They served it at least once a week at my school in south Florida. Steamed
or sort of boiled-in-oil, I think. We 9th-graders called it "snot pods."

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, chicken with gravy and grits. Tuesday and
Thursday, ground mystery meat with vegetables -- often snot pods.

Yum, yum....puke

--
Ed Huntress

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

What's the goal? To discourage the thief?

If that's the goal, then sour milk might not be effective.
The thief will smell the sour, and put it back. I'd favor
something that will result in gastric distress, for the
thief. Mix in Syrup of Ipecac, maybe?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal
fridge. There's one
guy who will come in and help himself to most anything
there, but likes
milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk
set out for a day
or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy
skanky tasting
sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Back in about 1981, I had a college professor who smoked, as
he taught class. He'd look in trash can, get an empty pop
can, and put his still-lit butts in there. I had plans to
put a bit of gunpowder or saltpeter mix in a can, and leave
it for him. He'd put a still-lit butt in there, and have a
cloud of smoke for his troubles.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dennis" wrote in message

I had a colleague who liked to walk by and take a swig of
the Coke I'd
often have on my desk. Filling it with thick very soapy
water solved
that problem.

I've a family member who works shifts with the emergency
services. One
of his colleagues had problems with someone on the opposite
shift
stealing forzen steaks from the freezer. He rubbed a steak
in something
nasty a dog left on the verge and then put it in the
freezer. A guy on
the opposite shift took a few days off with gastro.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 8/08/2011 9:14 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Back in about 1981, I had a college professor who smoked, as
he taught class. He'd look in trash can, get an empty pop
can, and put his still-lit butts in there. I had plans to
put a bit of gunpowder or saltpeter mix in a can, and leave
it for him. He'd put a still-lit butt in there, and have a
cloud of smoke for his troubles.

I think I'm lucky that as a kid in my part of the world access to
gunpowder was difficult.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 08:52:05 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.
Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice....
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which I
believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far enough
inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating influence.

I never learned how to get it right with store-bought frozen okra.

I love okra, cooked however.
I love broccoli, cooked or raw or overdone and cold.
I love zucchini, cooked any way or raw, just NOT with tomatoes.

Pffffft! to the naysayers.

--
I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
--Duke Ellington
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

No offense intended to y'all in the south but the slime you get when
you boil a bunch of okra is just totally revolting to anybody who
didn't grow up eating gumbos.

I lived in Lafayette, Louisiana for eight years. Married a Cajun girl with
about half of her relatives who spoke Cajun French ONLY. Got to eat every
food known to Cajuns, and made by ladies who had cooked this stuff for
decades. None of them ever used okra in a gumbo, unless a guest liked it,
and then they would make a separate batch with okra. No one liked it. I
only like it battered and deep fried or pickled. Other than that, it's
plain slimy. And a PITA to pick with those little stingers. Man, I miss
the fishing and foods of Acadiana.

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote in message
My helper got a job. At the job, they have a communal fridge. There's
one guy who will come in and help himself to most anything there, but
likes milk. They want to get him. Other than letting the milk set out
for a day or two, what's the fast track to come up with some reeeealy
skanky tasting sour milk? I hope he gets this for youtube.

Add 5-10% Ipecac.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which
I believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far
enough inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating
influence.

Having lived within 20 miles of Concord, NH 60 years ago, I can say
that that's quite right. Typically we have milder springs and later
autumn first-killing-frosts. In fact, it was there that I learned to
hate okra. My mother, a Texas Panhandle girl, bought it on the very
rare occasions when it showed up in NH markets.

Maybe I should try to grow some. Won't do me any harm to *look* at
it. :-)

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Steve B" wrote:

I lived in Lafayette, Louisiana for eight years. Married a Cajun girl with
about half of her relatives who spoke Cajun French ONLY. Got to eat every
food known to Cajuns, and made by ladies who had cooked this stuff for
decades. None of them ever used okra in a gumbo, unless a guest liked it,
and then they would make a separate batch with okra. No one liked it.

Yow! Any misaprehensions I might have had about Cajuns (who originally
came from around here anyhow) have vanished. Good on them!

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
Yow! Any misaprehensions I might have had about Cajuns (who originally
came from around here anyhow) have vanished. Good on them!
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

I didn't quite appreciate the antagonism between English and French Canada
until I addressed a New Brunswick store clerk in French, after a group of us
had ridden our motorcycles around Quebec. We were SO much more welcome as
Americans than French Canadiens.

Louisbourg reminded me of the Scots never forgetting The '45. Do you see
much of it where you are?

jsw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mike Spencer wrote:
Rich Grise wrote:

Q: What's the difference between zucchini and snot?

A: You can eat snot.

Ah! You've had zucchini cooked using the Evil Stepmother Recipe for
Broccoli.

Boil broccoli (or any not-fatally-toxic organic material) for an
hour or as needed until pulpy.

Let cool to room temp.

Compel someone to eat it.

Blee!

I learned on edjamacaishunal teevee that a distaste for broccoli is
actually genetic - broccoli has some chemical or amino acid or something
that's evilly repulsively bitter to _some_ people: the ones with this
one certain gene. The rest of us love broccoli, cauliflower, and most
other veggies. (Albeit, I've never liked carrots, cooked or raw, but
I could eat them if I was hungry enough.)

So don't feel bad if you can't stand broccoli - blame genetics! :-)

As a matter of fact, just yesterday I bought a sprig of broccoli and
I'm planning on steaming (or microwaving) it for dinner tonight! :-)

But seriously, your recipe sounds like it would work on compost!
100% Fiber!!! ;-D

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Mike Spencer wrote:
"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which
I believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far
enough inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating
influence.

Having lived within 20 miles of Concord, NH 60 years ago, I can say
that that's quite right. Typically we have milder springs and later
autumn first-killing-frosts. In fact, it was there that I learned to
hate okra. My mother, a Texas Panhandle girl, bought it on the very
rare occasions when it showed up in NH markets.

Maybe I should try to grow some. Won't do me any harm to *look* at
it. :-)

I've never seen live okra (gumbo), but I do know that zucchini will
take over a garden like weeds; that's probably why it's so cheap. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Back in about 1981, I had a college professor who smoked, as
he taught class. He'd look in trash can, get an empty pop
can, and put his still-lit butts in there. I had plans to
put a bit of gunpowder or saltpeter mix in a can, and leave
it for him. He'd put a still-lit butt in there, and have a
cloud of smoke for his troubles.

You couldn't have used a dozen drops of lighter fluid?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Would have smelled. And probably not lit up either.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in
message
m...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Back in about 1981, I had a college professor who smoked,
as
he taught class. He'd look in trash can, get an empty pop
can, and put his still-lit butts in there. I had plans to
put a bit of gunpowder or saltpeter mix in a can, and
leave
it for him. He'd put a still-lit butt in there, and have a
cloud of smoke for his troubles.

You couldn't have used a dozen drops of lighter fluid?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 09:14:30 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Back in about 1981, I had a college professor who smoked, as
he taught class. He'd look in trash can, get an empty pop
can, and put his still-lit butts in there. I had plans to
put a bit of gunpowder or saltpeter mix in a can, and leave
it for him. He'd put a still-lit butt in there, and have a
cloud of smoke for his troubles.

In the early 1920's, my mother worked as a commercial artist doing
advertising posters for a major drug company. The executive in charge
of the art department was a pipe smoker who enjoyed a particularly
foul smelling blend of tobacco. Mother and a couple other artists
saved up a supply of the shredded latex from their Art Gum erasers,
and, when the opportunity presented itself, mixed it into his tobacco
supply. When the pipe smoker complained to his fellow managers, they
ganged together in support of the artists and he agreed to keep his
pipe out of the art studio.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 08 Aug 2011 14:42:16 -0700, Rich Grise
wrote:

Boil broccoli (or any not-fatally-toxic organic material) for an
hour or as needed until pulpy.

Let cool to room temp.

Compel someone to eat it.

Blee!

I learned on edjamacaishunal teevee that a distaste for broccoli is
actually genetic - broccoli has some chemical or amino acid or something
that's evilly repulsively bitter to _some_ people: the ones with this
one certain gene. The rest of us love broccoli, cauliflower, and most
other veggies. (Albeit, I've never liked carrots, cooked or raw, but
I could eat them if I was hungry enough.)

I LOVE broccoli!!

YUMMM!!

Heat it up, add a little butter and YUMMMY!!!!

Gunner

--
"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry
capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency.
It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an
Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense
and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have
such a man for their? president.. Blaming the prince of the
fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of
fools that made him their prince".
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Rich Grise wrote:

I've never seen live okra (gumbo), but I do know that zucchini will
take over a garden like weeds; that's probably why it's so
cheap. ;-)

This is a rural area and lots of people have vegetable gardens. Old
timers may only plant beans, cabbage and potatoes but younger folx and
new-comers always plant some zuchini because, you know, even if you're
a poor gardener you can see *something* flourish. So:

Q: Why should you always lock your car when you're in town?

A: Because if you don't it will be full of zucchini when you come back
to it.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Mike Spencer" wrote:

Yow! Any misaprehensions I might have had about Cajuns (who originally
came from around here anyhow) have vanished. Good on them!
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

I didn't quite appreciate the antagonism between English and French
Canada until I addressed a New Brunswick store clerk in French,
after a group of us had ridden our motorcycles around Quebec. We
were SO much more welcome as Americans than French Canadiens.

New Brunswick is the only officially bi-lingual province in
Canada. I'm sure there's some friction there but I haven't been there
enough to know about it.

Louisbourg reminded me of the Scots never forgetting The '45. Do
you see much of it where you are?

Hostility towards French/Francophone? No, not much. There are always
a few people who are prejudiced against everybody of a different
color, language, religion or hat style. There's more hostility on
purely political grounds between Conservatives and NDP or Liberals.
Nova Scotia has a couple or three French-speaking communities but
people seem to get along okay. Maybe 50 years ago that was less
true.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

You paint a fuzzy picture with that statement.

All provinces, except Quebec are bilingual, in that students have had French
shoved up their asses for the last 50 years. French is provided in any
official service or document and on our cereal boxes.

Quebec is the only unilingual province, being French only. English signs are
"illegal", there.
Our territories support about 7 other native languages, officially.

--------------
"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
New Brunswick is the only officially bi-lingual province in
Canada. I'm sure there's some friction there but I haven't been there
enough to know about it.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

And, in the 1920s, there weren't the smoke regulation laws
we have now days.

Anyone know how the Case of the Milk Stealer turned out?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus