Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default How to sour milk

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which
I believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far
enough inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating
influence.

Having lived within 20 miles of Concord, NH 60 years ago, I can say
that that's quite right. Typically we have milder springs and later
autumn first-killing-frosts. In fact, it was there that I learned to
hate okra. My mother, a Texas Panhandle girl, bought it on the very
rare occasions when it showed up in NH markets.

Maybe I should try to grow some. Won't do me any harm to *look* at
it. :-)

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada