Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How to sour milk

On Mon, 8 Aug 2011 08:52:05 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.
Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice....
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which I
believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far enough
inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating influence.

I never learned how to get it right with store-bought frozen okra.

I love okra, cooked however.
I love broccoli, cooked or raw or overdone and cold.
I love zucchini, cooked any way or raw, just NOT with tomatoes.

Pffffft! to the naysayers.

--
I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues.
--Duke Ellington