Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default How to sour milk

"Jim Wilkins" wrote:

"Mike Spencer" wrote:

Yow! Any misaprehensions I might have had about Cajuns (who originally
came from around here anyhow) have vanished. Good on them!
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

I didn't quite appreciate the antagonism between English and French
Canada until I addressed a New Brunswick store clerk in French,
after a group of us had ridden our motorcycles around Quebec. We
were SO much more welcome as Americans than French Canadiens.

New Brunswick is the only officially bi-lingual province in
Canada. I'm sure there's some friction there but I haven't been there
enough to know about it.

Louisbourg reminded me of the Scots never forgetting The '45. Do
you see much of it where you are?

Hostility towards French/Francophone? No, not much. There are always
a few people who are prejudiced against everybody of a different
color, language, religion or hat style. There's more hostility on
purely political grounds between Conservatives and NDP or Liberals.
Nova Scotia has a couple or three French-speaking communities but
people seem to get along okay. Maybe 50 years ago that was less
true.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada