Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mike Spencer Mike Spencer is offline

Default How to sour milk

Rich Grise wrote:

Then again, my Mom learned to cook on a wood (or maybe coal) stove...

I still cook on a wood stove.

and became such an awesome cook that she could actually make
Brussels sprouts edible.

I can do that!

Q: What's the difference between zucchini and snot?

A: You can eat snot.

Ah! You've had zucchini cooked using the Evil Stepmother Recipe for
Broccoli.

Boil broccoli (or any not-fatally-toxic organic material) for an
hour or as needed until pulpy.

Let cool to room temp.

Compel someone to eat it.

Blee!

You gots to harvest the zucchini when the diameter of a sturdy shovel
handle, cut in 1/4" slices, dip in beaten egg and fry *briefly* in
brown butter *only till the egg is barely cooked*. Salt, pepper,
serve hot, immediately. Additions such as garlic, fresh basil, fresh
dill or a few drops of Thai hot sauce or side order of vine-ripened
tomatoes are allowed.

I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.

Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice.

And, WRT the OP, I don't think he's gonna turn milk in to a stealth
deterrent with boiled zucchini as well as with gumbo.

--
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada