Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default How to sour milk

"Jim Wilkins" wrote in message

"Mike Spencer" wrote in message
I don't think there's any comparable alternative for okra. Once every
20 years or so I buy some okra and try to overcome what might be a
sad prejudice that I've outgrown.
Nope. It's just a plain, non-pre, judice....
Mike Spencer Nova Scotia, Canada

My father's Alabama version was to fry fresh garden okra breaded in
cornmeal, and it was delicious. He could grow it in Concord NH which I
believe has a somewhat worse climate than you do, being just far enough
inland from the Atlantic to not benefit from its moderating influence.

I never learned how to get it right with store-bought frozen okra.

jsw

They served it at least once a week at my school in south Florida. Steamed
or sort of boiled-in-oil, I think. We 9th-graders called it "snot pods."

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, chicken with gravy and grits. Tuesday and
Thursday, ground mystery meat with vegetables -- often snot pods.

Yum, yum....puke

--
Ed Huntress