Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 14:36:28 -0800, "Bob F"

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:42:47 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

TomR wrote:

But, I also hate to admit that I am also thinking of just caving in
on the store card game. I think (but I am not sure) that I can give
them all the same phone number and some innocuous mostly bogus
personal info and never carry one of their stupid cards. Instead, I
see people just giving their phone number and saying they don't have
their card with them. I happen to have a separate low-cost phone
line that I can use for that, and its a line that I never actually
answer and mostly just use for outgoing calls.

If you give them a real phone #, they've got you identified. If you
ever pay with plastic, they've got you.

And even if you always pay with cash, if you get prescriptions from
them, they got you. I dont think anyone uses a fake identity for their
doctor, and medical care. If there is any insurance involved, you
surely wont. So, that means that if you get prescriotions from them,
there is no point using a fake name/identity.

Pay with cash and don't use the card, and no problem. They aren't giving you a
discount on prescriptions using the card anyway.

Kroger sure does. It's not trivial, either.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

wrote:

....A sad, sad story by someone who failed to read the tag on the shelf has
been snipped....

Well. I'll just put this as bluntly as I can. I dont want their f#%&ing
card.

You can put it bluntly, sharply, or any other way you want...if you don't
want a card, don't get one. That's your God given right.

However, don't call it false advertising and don't call it illegal.
Walgreen's clearly states on the tag that the card is required to get the
discount.

Here, read it for yourself...

http://www.foodandfashioncents.com/w...-shelf-tag.jpg

If you don't want the card, don't get ****ed when they charge you full
price. Those are the rules and it's your choice if you want to play by them
or not. But once again, you can't impress anyone with your argument if you
start the discussion with comments that clearly indicate that you didn't
even read the tag.

....A rant by that same someone snipped...
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/22/2014 8:21 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

You can put it bluntly, sharply, or any other way you want...if you don't
want a card, don't get one. That's your God given right.

However, don't call it false advertising and don't call it illegal.
Walgreen's clearly states on the tag that the card is required to get the
discount.

Here, read it for yourself...

http://www.foodandfashioncents.com/w...-shelf-tag.jpg

If you don't want the card, don't get ****ed when they charge you full
price. Those are the rules and it's your choice if you want to play by them
or not. But once again, you can't impress anyone with your argument if you
start the discussion with comments that clearly indicate that you didn't
even read the tag.

You would have more rights if you were lesbian.

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/bakers...-wedding-cake/

Aparently, lesbian "rights" are more important than
Christian deeply held beliefs.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Wait...help me out... I'm missing the connection between bakers who don't
like lesbians and people who don't want Walgreens cards.

If you are trying to change the subject, what happened to your habit of
screwing up threads by altering the subject line? If you did that, at least
we'd have had a warning that the post contains one of your weird...oh never
mind...it's not worth it.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/22/2014 9:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
You would have more rights if you were lesbian.

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/bakers...-wedding-cake/

Aparently, lesbian "rights" are more important than
Christian deeply held beliefs.

Wait...help me out... I'm missing the connection between bakers who don't
like lesbians and people who don't want Walgreens cards.

If you are trying to change the subject, what happened to your habit of
screwing up threads by altering the subject line? If you did that, at least
we'd have had a warning that the post contains one of your weird...oh never
mind...it's not worth it.

Doubt my explanation would help, any.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:40:42 -0500, Bill
wrote:

mike wrote:
On 1/22/2014 4:56 AM, wrote:

Well. I'll just put this as bluntly as I can. I dont want their f#%&ing
card. I dont want or own any credit cards, particularly the "in store
type".

The store offers you a method to save some money.
Don't like it, pay full price.
YOUR CHOICE.
Pretty simple...take it or leave it.
They don't care.
We don't care.

I think it has been constructive to share some of our experiences about
the games they are playing with us. It may indeed be helpful as we play
going forward. We can rebel in harmony, and with the confidence that we
(frustrated consumers) are not alone. There's power in numbers.

I'd like to rebel against this, and do so with others. But I hae not
yet found any groups to support it. Sure we could all send letters to
complain to each store, but then, that defeats the purpose because then
they will have our names and addresses.

While I get tired of the government interfering in our daily lives, I'd
welcome them to get involved in these spy card stores. The govt makes
all sorts of rules and regulations regarding building codes and safety
issues. They require extensive checks of people and luggage to get on a
plane, yet they do nothing to stop identity theft. i'd welcome a law
that REQUIRES the actual MAXIMUM purchase price be listed on the item or
shelf. Then if a coupon exists, it's deducted at the checkout. Cut out
coupons are fine. I use them often, but they dont require signing
anything or giving out personal identification. Spy cards should be
outlawed, or at least require that the data collected can not be sold,
and is only for that store and nothing more.

Either way, I hate money games. Coupons are fine, but nothing more.

One other thing I will mention. I'm elderly, I need reading glasses. I
often dont carry them into a store. I can usually read the price, but
small print is not visible. And even if it was life is too short to
waste reading bull**** to save pennies. When I shop, I make a list of
needs, I go in the store, grab what I need, pay and leave. I guess this
is a male thing. Women seem to love to shop, but not me. I want to get
it done as fast as possible. I have more important and more enjoyable
things to do.

If anyone finds some sort of online group that is fighting to stop spy
cards adn other screwed up store practices, please post the URL.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 21:55:40 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

If you are trying to change the subject, what happened to your habit of
screwing up threads by altering the subject line? If you did that, at least
we'd have had a warning that the post contains one of your weird...oh never
mind...it's not worth it.

Doubt my explanation would help, any.

Do explain. Some here may like to understand.

Is your doubt a reason to play the victim?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:28:11 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Years ago, Walgreens was a store I'd regularly shop at. But in recent

years their prices seem to have gotten quite a bit higher than their

competitors, so I have not been in any of their stores for at least a

year.

Yesterday I noticed they had Arizona Iced tea cans advertised for Two

for $1.00 on their sign. I like that stuff, so I decided to go get

some. I grabbed 2 cans off the shelf and found another item I needed,

which was priced at $1.69. I went to the checkout, and the clerk asked

me if I have a Walgreens card. I said "No", and was paying with cash.

The total came to $5.24. I asked how she came up with that amount,

while saying that my total should be $2.69 plus tax. I asked how much I

was charged for the Iced Tea. She said $0.99 per can. I said "it's

advertised two for one dollar". She told me that price is only for

people with Walgreens cards. I told her to remove them from my sale.

Then I was quoted about $3.50 for that other item, which was priced

$1.69 on the shelf. I told her that the price on the shelf is marked

$1.69. She told me that price is just for people with Walgreens cards.

That's when I got angry, and told her that if my cash is not good

enough, then I dont want anything, and I wont shop at Walgreens ever

again. I left the store.

The bottom line is this. It appears that you MUST have a Walgreens card

to shop in their stores now. If you dont have one, they charge you

DOUBLE the price listed on the shelf.

I just thought I'd share this so others dont get caught in their trap.

Actually, I think there is some "False advertising" involved, and in my

opinion, what they are doing is illegal. But I dont have any lawyer

friends, and I have better things to do with my time. I just wont shop

at Walgreens ever again.

* And as a followup, I bought that "other item" at Walmart for a better

price, than the shelf price was at Walgreens'.

A lot of stores play that "affinity" game. I used to carry around store cards, but now, having once registered, I just put my phone #in. The cashier at Walgreen's or any "affinity" store doesn't have the authority to override the almighty computer.

As far as Walmart is concerned, I never buy there because their policy toward employees is so, so, so awful. You must have read how the exploit their people like slaves; it's always in the news.. Then they turn around and launch glitzy campaigns about their great public service -- all the while screwing the poor SOBs that have to work there.

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Stormin Mormon wrote:
You would have more rights if you were lesbian.

http://allenbwest.com/2014/01/bakers...-wedding-cake/

Aparently, lesbian "rights" are more important than
Christian deeply held beliefs.

Wait...help me out... I'm missing the connection between bakers who don't
like lesbians and people who don't want Walgreens cards.

If you are trying to change the subject, what happened to your habit of
screwing up threads by altering the subject line? If you did that, at least
we'd have had a warning that the post contains one of your weird...oh never
mind...it's not worth it.

Doubt my explanation would help, any.

No really, give it a shot. I'm not looking for an explanation related to
gay rights or "Christian deeply held beliefs", I'm simply looking for an
explanation as to why you chose to post a link to that particular article
in a thread about Walgreen's cards.

Really, an explanation would help, any.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
SMS SMS is offline

On 1/22/2014 2:13 PM, mike wrote:

There's evidence that the strategy may be crumbling under its own weight.
Local Albertsons food chain has discontinued their loyalty/card programs.
Probably cuz too many people, like me, only bought the loss leaders.

It would be very rare for me to buy anything at Safeway or Walgreen's or
CVS that was not heavily discounted with "card price." The regular
prices have been jacked up so high that I just automatically assume
everything non-card item is rip-off.

For some reason, Walgreen's has decided to have the lowest milk prices
in the area, without the requirement that you buy two gallons to get a
good price. And in my area, the brand of milk that they sell is the best
brand, much better than the store brands of the supermarkets or of
Trader Joe's.

But that said, the whole idea that if you don't use a loyalty card that
they can't track you is ridiculous. You have to both pay cash _and_ not
use a loyalty card for that to work. If you give out bogus information
on the loyalty card the store probably isn't going to track you no
matter which way you pay. But the credit card company may sell your
purchase history to other companies.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I have several store cards, and I don't get any junk mail from any of them. I am much more worried about someone/some company harvesting my info from AHR than about Walgreens, CVS, Jewel Tea, etc. So they know I like Pepsi products more than Coke products, and prefer cashews over pecans. Who cares??????????????
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
SMS SMS is offline

On 1/22/2014 6:11 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

Aparently, lesbian "rights" are more important than
Christian deeply held beliefs.

Wait...help me out... I'm missing the connection between bakers who don't
like lesbians and people who don't want Walgreens cards.

LOL. I miss a lot of humor now that I have Stormin filtered out.
Normally I get upset when people respond to these trolls, but I would
not wanted to have missed the attempted connection between Walgreen's
loyalty cards and lesbians. That's something I would expect Rush
Limbaugh to latch onto.
Posted to alt.home.repair

" wrote:
I have several store cards, and I don't get any junk mail from any of
them. I am much more worried about someone/some company harvesting my
info from AHR than about Walgreens, CVS, Jewel Tea, etc. So they know I
like Pepsi products more than Coke products, and prefer cashews over
pecans. Who cares??????????????

Many of my cards I've had for a long time. No problems except for kmart.
They got my email. They like to email receipts. I have to use the card at
my grocery. Don't know if they got my email, probably not. No known
problems. Have to use the fuel perks. Got a couple other grocery cards.
Best not give real info.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

In article ,
wrote:

The bottom line is this. It appears that you MUST have a Walgreens card
to shop in their stores now. If you dont have one, they charge you
DOUBLE the price listed on the shelf.

A rant from the past. When Safeway started theirs almost 20 years ago
the indignant usenet response was to call them "surveilance cards".
Obviously this sentiment did not prevail.

Some random observations...

These pogroms fall into 3 categories,
1) Costco, Sams, and that chain people mention but I've never seen in
California.
Cannot shop without a membership card.
2) Safeway, maybe Walgreens
Open to the public *in theory*, but even no sale items are priced
at usary prices such that no sane shopper would buy anything
without a card. Safeway has pushed further to where it's like an
airline where every customer pays a different price.
3) Rite Aid (still, I think)
Open to the public, but card required to get advertised specials.
4) Raley's, Lucky (for now)
Public can buy specials. Cards are used build loyalty points.

One tendency for fighting back is to get cards with fake names and
numbers. For this to really work, one should get a new fake card
each purchase. But I think it would make a better protest for everyone,
or at least a large group to use the same fake name and number.

I can't wonder if the reason people aren't generally irate at being
tracked to death by the NSA is because they already realize that every
corp out there already tracks the **** out of them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/22/2014 11:08 PM, Oren wrote:

Doubt my explanation would help, any.

Do explain. Some here may like to understand.

Is your doubt a reason to play the victim?

Does choosing which conversation to pursue
make me a "play victim"? Not in my world.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

1) The article about Walgreens cards is a conversation about a guy, CG,
who is in a store that says "do it the store's way, or get out". Being
the customer, CG would like them to be a bit more easy to use.
2) The lesbian article is a couple of customers who went into a store
and used the force of law to insist "do it the customer's way or we'll
bring the law on you".

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Don't try to hide your agenda with a lame - and incorrect - association
between the 2 situations.

Show me where Walgreens said "get out". In essence what they said was
"We'll give you a discount if you sign up for our card. If not, you are
free to pay full price."

Care to try again?
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/23/2014 7:40 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
1) The article about Walgreens cards is a conversation about a guy, CG,
who is in a store that says "do it the store's way, or get out". Being
the customer, CG would like them to be a bit more easy to use.
2) The lesbian article is a couple of customers who went into a store and
used the force of law to insist "do it the customer's way or we'll bring the law on you".

Don't try to hide your agenda with a lame - and incorrect - association
between the 2 situations.

Show me where Walgreens said "get out". In essence what they said was
"We'll give you a discount if you sign up for our card. If not, you are
free to pay full price."

Care to try again?

You asked me why I posted that, and I told you.
Since I'm the person with the reason, you have
no ability to tell me I'm wrong. I sensed that
you were arguing, not asking. As such, I'll be
a lot less likely to reply to you in the future.
Knowing what kind of poster you are.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default State "security": (was: (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens)

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:48:13 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I have several store cards, and I don't get any junk mail from any of them. I am much more worried about someone/some company harvesting my info from AHR than about Walgreens, CVS, Jewel Tea, etc. So they know I like Pepsi products more than Coke products, and prefer cashews over pecans. Who cares??????????????

Actually, you're on the right track. With some modification.

The NG members who are foaming at the mouth about their personal info being harvested from store affinity cards could use their energy more productively. We need to protest vehemently not only to the (clueless) President but to our representative in the best little whorehouse in Washington -- aka Congress -- against the Stalinist NSA and other govt "intelligence" agencies..

They steal our private communications on the flimsy and unproven pretext of state security. They could produce only ONE authenticated case for all our taxpayer billions: A money transfer to Somalia.

This has been getting worse for several Administrations; unfortunately also the current one which promised relief and then reneged. The "intelligence" folks testifying before Congress are a comedy act; they even lie under oath (Clapper) If you or I did that, we'd be in big trouble for contempt of Congress.

But the whistleblowers like Snowden, Manning and Assange who are telling us the truth are threatened and persecuted by the security establishment.

Some of us won't be around for long, but our progeny will. Do we want them to live in a police state?

HB

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 01/22/2014 05:13 PM, wrote:

[snip]

Kroger sure does. It's not trivial, either.

One time I got 50 fuel points on a free prescription.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from
religious conviction." -- Blaise Pascal
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

mike wrote:

On 1/22/2014 4:56 AM, wrote:

[...]

And you don't see the hypocrisy in that? If you don't want govt involved
in your life, why should they be involved in the lives of business owners
who have some kind of store card discount program? You're free to shop
elsewhere if you don't like it.

The govt makes

all sorts of rules and regulations regarding building codes and safety

issues. They require extensive checks of people and luggage to get on a

plane, yet they do nothing to stop identity theft.

This has very little to do with identity theft. All they have is your
name, address, phone number. That is all that's required for any of
the discount cards. I don't think phone number is even required in
most cases. All that information has been readily available for
a hundred plus years in the phone book, tax records, deeds, etc. And
as has been stated many times now, you can give them a fake name
and address if you want to.

i'd welcome a law

that REQUIRES the actual MAXIMUM purchase price be listed on the item or

shelf. Then if a coupon exists, it's deducted at the checkout. Cut out

coupons are fine. I use them often, but they dont require signing

anything or giving out personal identification. Spy cards should be

outlawed, or at least require that the data collected can not be sold,

and is only for that store and nothing more.

Either way, I hate money games. Coupons are fine, but nothing more.

What exactly is a coupon, if not just another money game?

One other thing I will mention. I'm elderly, I need reading glasses. I

often dont carry them into a store. I can usually read the price, but

small print is not visible. And even if it was life is too short to

waste reading bull**** to save pennies.

Then don't read it and pay full price. Good grief.

When I shop, I make a list of

needs, I go in the store, grab what I need, pay and leave. I guess this

is a male thing. Women seem to love to shop, but not me. I want to get

it done as fast as possible. I have more important and more enjoyable

things to do.

And yet you clip coupons and use them.

If anyone finds some sort of online group that is fighting to stop spy

cards adn other screwed up store practices, please post the URL.

You could start one and be president.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 2:03:42 PM UTC-5, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 1/22/2014 12:28 PM, wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:22:14 -0600, Moe DeLoughan

wrote:

On 1/22/2014 11:18 AM, Bob F wrote:

Moe DeLoughan wrote:

On 1/22/2014 4:28 AM,
wrote:

The bottom line is this. It appears that you MUST have a Walgreens

card to shop in their stores now. If you dont have one, they charge

you DOUBLE the price listed on the shelf.

Well, if you really wanted the savings, you could always create a fake

name and address and use it to fill out the loyalty cards.

Which only works if you NEVER use anything but cash to pay.

Yes. If you want to limit the amount of detail in your personal

dossiers, you'll try to pay with cash as much as possible. Purchases

made with check, debit or credit card are linked to you and the

retailers sell that information to the data collection companies. That

information, along with that supplied by lenders, insurers, employers,

landlords, and all the publicly available data about each of us,

creates an incredibly detailed personal profile. And it's available to

anyone willing to pay for it. One of the companies sold profiles that

included banking and SSN details to a bunch of foreign hackers who

used it to commit identity theft.

Got a citation? That would make them an accomplice in fact.

Experian Sold Consumer Data to ID Theft Service

An identity theft service that sold Social Security and drivers

license numbers as well as bank account and credit card data on

millions of Americans purchased much of its data from Experian, one

of the three major credit bureaus, according to a lengthy

investigation by KrebsOnSecurity.

...Martin said he first learned of the ID theft service after hearing

from a U.S. Secret Service agent who called and said the law

enforcement agency was investigating Experian and had obtained a grand

jury subpoena against the company.

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2013/10/e...theft-service/

Is Experian a supermarket or Walgreens? Does Experian have shopper
discount cards? There are a lot of broad and wild accusations being
made and I agree, I'd like to see some proof. I'm not buying that if
you have a store customer discount program card and use a credit card,
that the credit card is then stored and linked to your discount card.
For one thing, what is the need to even do that? Each time you use
a credit card you have to present it, it get instantly authorized, etc.
Why would they store that and tie it to your account? I think there
is a lot of paranoia going on here.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/23/2014 7:40 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
1) The article about Walgreens cards is a conversation about a guy, CG,
who is in a store that says "do it the store's way, or get out". Being
the customer, CG would like them to be a bit more easy to use.
2) The lesbian article is a couple of customers who went into a store and
used the force of law to insist "do it the customer's way or we'll bring the law on you".

Don't try to hide your agenda with a lame - and incorrect - association
between the 2 situations.

Show me where Walgreens said "get out". In essence what they said was
"We'll give you a discount if you sign up for our card. If not, you are
free to pay full price."

Care to try again?

You asked me why I posted that, and I told you.
Since I'm the person with the reason, you have
no ability to tell me I'm wrong.

I certainly do have the ability to tell you are wrong. I already did, and
I'll do it again: You are wrong.

You claim that the OP was about Walgreens saying " "do it the store's way,
or get out"."

You are wrong, wrong, wrong. (Just using my God given abilities)

Any reason based on an incorrect statement isn't worth the time it took to
type it.

BTW...you are wrong.

I sensed that
you were arguing, not asking. As such, I'll be
a lot less likely to reply to you in the future.
Knowing what kind of poster you are.

I'll certainly argue about what the OP was about, especially since you were
wrong in claiming that Walgreens told CG to "get out". I've not yet argued
about your reason for making a connections between bakers, lesbians and
Walgreens cards because I haven't yet heard a valid reason.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You could have gotten a Walgreens card .. it normally associated with a phone number, and gotten you stuff and saved money.
You don't need to have the card on you. Just recite/enter your number on the keypad when you checkout.

But instead you had to be a asshole and hard headed and ended up with nothing but a bitter experience .

Hahaha.

What a loser

Posted to alt.home.repair

Daring Dufas: Hypocrite TeaBillie on welfare wrote:
You could have gotten a Walgreens card .. it normally associated with a phone number, and gotten you stuff and saved money.
You don't need to have the card on you. Just recite/enter your number on the keypad when you checkout.

But instead you had to be a asshole and hard headed and ended up with nothing but a bitter experience .

Hahaha.

What a loser

Just curious, did you graduate from junior high?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/23/2014 11:38 AM, wrote:
On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 12:13:41 PM UTC-5, Bob F wrote:
sms wrote:

On 1/22/2014 6:07 AM,
wrote:

Walgreens is just BLAH in that

regard. Every store is the same it seems...... But that seems to be

the case with all chain stores. Walmart is like that too, but at

least they dont play all those games and require cards and forms to

fill out. What it says on the shelf is what I pay, and I like it

that way.

As others have pointed out, there is no requirement to provide a real

name, address, or phone number to get the card, and many people use

bogus (and creative) names. A good list of some names to use is at

http://www.cartalk.com/content/staff-credits. Or take an Indian name

such as Mr. Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta or Mr.

Wolfe貞chlegel貞tein虐ausen苑erger苓orff. Unfortunately, Walgreen's

doesn't call you by name, like Safeway does, when they hand you your

receipt.

Which works only until the first time you don't pay with cash. After that, they

have everything you ever purchased there linked to YOU.

OMG! Heaven forbid. Back 50+ years ago, everything people ordered
from Sears, Montgomery Wards, Burpee Seeds, JC Whitney, by sending
in a mail or phone order was linked to them too. You just wake up?

50 years ago Sears, Montgomery Wards, Burpee Seeds and JC Whitney did
not have computers to keep track of everything you do.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/22/2014 5:46 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
wrote:
[...]

No, you don't need a card to shop in their stores, you only need a
card to get the discounted price.

lower price is available if you have a card, it will be marked on the
tag

I just thought I'd share this so others dont get caught in their
trap. Actually, I think there is some "False advertising" involved,
and in my opinion, what they are doing is illegal. But I dont have
any lawyer friends, and I have better things to do with my time. I
just wont shop at Walgreens ever again.

There's nothing illegal about giving a discount only if you gave the
card. As long as you agree to the rules related to using the card and
choose to sign up, you can get a discount. Your choice.

Again, go back and read the tag. It will say that the card is
required to get the discounted price.

* And as a followup, I bought that "other item" at Walmart for a
better price, than the shelf price was at Walgreens.

I have a card for Walgreens and CVS but I made up the name and address.
I still get a discount and at times, I will get coupons that are printed
on my receipt that are worth quite a bit. I've come out of the drugstore
with a lot of stuff and only spent ten dollars cash because I saved my
coupons. I've actually had the clerk give me a card when I got to the
register and gave me the discount right then. Perhaps it the part of the
country you live in, you know how we backward Southerners are. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/22/2014 4:41 PM, wrote:

wrote:

TomR wrote:

[...]

If you're that paranoid, get two "loyalty" cards.

But there again, use a small local pharmacy, or Walmart, or I know
some larger hospitals have a built-in pharmacy.

Some insurance won't pay for local pharmacies.

Walgreens, CVS, and others can play their spy-card games, and make
money from each person that signs up for one, but I bet they lose
customers because of it.

I bet they don't care.

They may not care if "I" never shop there again, but I'm not the
only person. if only 10% of people stop shopping there, that still
adds up. It's a big world, even if the average person spends $100
at Walgreens per year, if one million people quit shopping there,
that's one hundred million dollars of lost sales. Nothing to
sneeze at!

You're making **** up, of course.

My bank doesn't give out information to advertisers and I'm going to bet
that HIPAA forbids the sharing of patient information by any pharmacy.
People should really know what they're writing about. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health...tability_Ac t

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 11:13:51 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

My bank doesn't give out information to advertisers and I'm going to bet
that HIPAA forbids the sharing of patient information by any pharmacy.
People should really know what they're writing about. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health...tability_Ac t

Can't recall the exact case. A doctor was being investigated for
running a "pill mill". Controlled drugs, prescribed are mandated to
be reported to the state. Specifically, the DEA uses that data to find
illegal activity and monitor the drugs.

They know what drug was prescribed, what doctor and the frequency of
the prescriptions. Once the doctor / pharmacy reports, the DEA will
know without the doctor / pharmacy having to divulge your information.
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:58:29 GMT, (Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Thu, 23 Jan 2014 16:04:41 GMT,
(Cindy Hamilton)
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 12:25:07 -0800, mike wrote:

On 1/22/2014 4:56 AM,
wrote:

Well. I'll just put this as bluntly as I can. I dont want their f#%&ing
card. I dont want or own any credit cards, particularly the "in store
type".

The store offers you a method to save some money.

Not sure it's "saving money". Inflating a price then discounting it
is "saving money"?

Inflating a price is them making money. You getting the discount
is saving money.

No, they're not making money if you're not buying. It's not saving
money if you can buy cheaper.

You could, of course, pay full price and save nothing. It's a free
country.

You could also just send your money to me.

I don't see why you've got your panties in a twist about how
a company sets their prices. The free market at work.

*I* don't (you might want to take a remedial reading class). I'm
simply pointing out the facts.

Doesn't matter. I don't have any prescriptions, and I buy
my soap and shampoo at the grocery store.

I buy them at either Sams (laundry) or Walmart (everything else). The
prices are better than the grocery store. We do have a number of
prescriptions and we get them at the grocery store because they're
about 1/4 the cost of pharmacies and 1/2 the cost of Walmart. ...and
that is *with* insurance.
Posted to alt.home.repair

You are a welfare collecting freeloader who walked away from hospital bills.

What a ****ing hypocrite.

OT -- avoid the flu shot? Stormin Mormon[_7_] Home Repair 49 December 17th 12 12:10 AM
Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid Jon Danniken[_2_] Home Repair 26 November 28th 09 02:05 PM
Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid Oren[_2_] Home Repair 4 November 27th 09 11:14 PM
Avoid A2Z Radon DPH1 Home Repair 1 November 12th 07 10:57 AM
prices Ace VS Walgreens. Charles Schuler Home Repair 5 March 21st 07 01:27 PM