Posted to alt.home.repair
Higgs Boson[_2_] Higgs Boson[_2_] is offline

Default State "security": (was: (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens)

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 8:48:13 PM UTC-8, wrote:
I have several store cards, and I don't get any junk mail from any of them. I am much more worried about someone/some company harvesting my info from AHR than about Walgreens, CVS, Jewel Tea, etc. So they know I like Pepsi products more than Coke products, and prefer cashews over pecans. Who cares??????????????

Actually, you're on the right track. With some modification.

The NG members who are foaming at the mouth about their personal info being harvested from store affinity cards could use their energy more productively. We need to protest vehemently not only to the (clueless) President but to our representative in the best little whorehouse in Washington -- aka Congress -- against the Stalinist NSA and other govt "intelligence" agencies..

They steal our private communications on the flimsy and unproven pretext of state security. They could produce only ONE authenticated case for all our taxpayer billions: A money transfer to Somalia.

This has been getting worse for several Administrations; unfortunately also the current one which promised relief and then reneged. The "intelligence" folks testifying before Congress are a comedy act; they even lie under oath (Clapper) If you or I did that, we'd be in big trouble for contempt of Congress.

But the whistleblowers like Snowden, Manning and Assange who are telling us the truth are threatened and persecuted by the security establishment.

Some of us won't be around for long, but our progeny will. Do we want them to live in a police state?

HB