Posted to alt.home.repair

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

On Wednesday, January 22, 2014 10:22:20 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 20:40:42 -0500, Bill

wrote:

mike wrote:

On 1/22/2014 4:56 AM, wrote:

Well. I'll just put this as bluntly as I can. I dont want their f#%&ing

card. I dont want or own any credit cards, particularly the "in store

type".

The store offers you a method to save some money.

Don't like it, pay full price.

YOUR CHOICE.

Pretty simple...take it or leave it.

They don't care.

We don't care.

I think it has been constructive to share some of our experiences about

the games they are playing with us. It may indeed be helpful as we play

going forward. We can rebel in harmony, and with the confidence that we

(frustrated consumers) are not alone. There's power in numbers.

I'd like to rebel against this, and do so with others. But I hae not

yet found any groups to support it. Sure we could all send letters to

complain to each store, but then, that defeats the purpose because then

they will have our names and addresses.

While I get tired of the government interfering in our daily lives, I'd

welcome them to get involved in these spy card stores.

And you don't see the hypocrisy in that? If you don't want govt involved
in your life, why should they be involved in the lives of business owners
who have some kind of store card discount program? You're free to shop
elsewhere if you don't like it.

The govt makes

all sorts of rules and regulations regarding building codes and safety

issues. They require extensive checks of people and luggage to get on a

plane, yet they do nothing to stop identity theft.

This has very little to do with identity theft. All they have is your
name, address, phone number. That is all that's required for any of
the discount cards. I don't think phone number is even required in
most cases. All that information has been readily available for
a hundred plus years in the phone book, tax records, deeds, etc. And
as has been stated many times now, you can give them a fake name
and address if you want to.

i'd welcome a law

that REQUIRES the actual MAXIMUM purchase price be listed on the item or

shelf. Then if a coupon exists, it's deducted at the checkout. Cut out

coupons are fine. I use them often, but they dont require signing

anything or giving out personal identification. Spy cards should be

outlawed, or at least require that the data collected can not be sold,

and is only for that store and nothing more.

Either way, I hate money games. Coupons are fine, but nothing more.

What exactly is a coupon, if not just another money game?

One other thing I will mention. I'm elderly, I need reading glasses. I

often dont carry them into a store. I can usually read the price, but

small print is not visible. And even if it was life is too short to

waste reading bull**** to save pennies.

Then don't read it and pay full price. Good grief.

When I shop, I make a list of

needs, I go in the store, grab what I need, pay and leave. I guess this

is a male thing. Women seem to love to shop, but not me. I want to get

it done as fast as possible. I have more important and more enjoyable

things to do.

And yet you clip coupons and use them.

If anyone finds some sort of online group that is fighting to stop spy

cards adn other screwed up store practices, please post the URL.

You could start one and be president.