Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/22/2014 10:16 AM, sms wrote:

As others have pointed out, there is no requirement to provide a real
name, address, or phone number to get the card, and many people use
bogus (and creative) names. A good list of some names to use is at
http://www.cartalk.com/content/staff-credits. Or take an Indian name
such as Mr. Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta or Mr.
Wolfe*schlegel*stein*hausen*berger*dorff. Unfortunately, Walgreen's
doesn't call you by name, like Safeway does, when they hand you your
receipt.

Many systems have limited characters. So, you're
likely to be shortened to Venkata or Wolfesch.

I'd love to see what Monty Pythons Flying Circus
would do with that concept. With their droll humor,
I can imagine them having a ripping good time, what?
How about a last name that takes seven minutes to
say out, and people start to faint from the vapors?

One time when I was in the airport at San Francisco,
there was a voice page for Mr. Rection, Mr. Hugh
G. Rection, white courtesy phones, please.

In college, I was Christophe for a while.

My pet pseudonym is Ominous Rumbling.

Most store clerk types don't notice it and say, "Thank you Mr. Rumbling."

And when asked for my month and day of birth at a pharmacy counter I
often answer, "February 30th. Many of those same folks don't see
anything curious about that either.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Mon, 27 Jan 2014 19:27:37 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/22/2014 10:16 AM, sms wrote:

[...]

Don't be too surprised if you get a visit from the DEA.

Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 1/27/2014 7:27 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

My pet pseudonym is Ominous Rumbling.

Most store clerk types don't notice it and say, "Thank you Mr. Rumbling."

And when asked for my month and day of birth at a pharmacy counter I
often answer, "February 30th. Many of those same folks don't see
anything curious about that either.

Jeff

Well, everyone knows February has only 31 days.
In western NY, people mispronounce that as
feb-YOU-ary. The same people who seldom look in
the rear view MEER when driving.

--
..
Christopher A. Young
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On 01/28/2014 05:46 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

[snip]

Well, everyone knows February has only 31 days.

I once had a calendar watch that thought every month has 32 days.

In western NY, people mispronounce that as
feb-YOU-ary. The same people who seldom look in
the rear view MEER when driving.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"For many centuries the sword and cross were allies. Together they
attacked the rights of man. They defended each other." [Robert G.
Ingersoll]
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

On Tue, 28 Jan 2014 06:46:42 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 1/27/2014 7:27 PM, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

My pet pseudonym is Ominous Rumbling.

Most store clerk types don't notice it and say, "Thank you Mr. Rumbling."

And when asked for my month and day of birth at a pharmacy counter I
often answer, "February 30th. Many of those same folks don't see
anything curious about that either.

Jeff

Well, everyone knows February has only 31 days.
In western NY, people mispronounce that as
feb-YOU-ary. The same people who seldom look in
the rear view MEER when driving.

Did they leave their wallet in the top draw?

OT -- avoid the flu shot? Stormin Mormon[_7_] Home Repair 49 December 17th 12 12:10 AM
Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid Jon Danniken[_2_] Home Repair 26 November 28th 09 02:05 PM
Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid Oren[_2_] Home Repair 4 November 27th 09 11:14 PM
Avoid A2Z Radon DPH1 Home Repair 1 November 12th 07 10:57 AM
prices Ace VS Walgreens. Charles Schuler Home Repair 5 March 21st 07 01:27 PM