Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers
Jeff Wisnia[_9_] Jeff Wisnia[_9_] is offline

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 1/22/2014 10:16 AM, sms wrote:

As others have pointed out, there is no requirement to provide a real
name, address, or phone number to get the card, and many people use
bogus (and creative) names. A good list of some names to use is at
http://www.cartalk.com/content/staff-credits. Or take an Indian name
such as Mr. Venkatanarasimharajuvaripeta or Mr.
Wolfe*schlegel*stein*hausen*berger*dorff. Unfortunately, Walgreen's
doesn't call you by name, like Safeway does, when they hand you your
receipt.

Many systems have limited characters. So, you're
likely to be shortened to Venkata or Wolfesch.

I'd love to see what Monty Pythons Flying Circus
would do with that concept. With their droll humor,
I can imagine them having a ripping good time, what?
How about a last name that takes seven minutes to
say out, and people start to faint from the vapors?

One time when I was in the airport at San Francisco,
there was a voice page for Mr. Rection, Mr. Hugh
G. Rection, white courtesy phones, please.

In college, I was Christophe for a while.

My pet pseudonym is Ominous Rumbling.

Most store clerk types don't notice it and say, "Thank you Mr. Rumbling."

And when asked for my month and day of birth at a pharmacy counter I
often answer, "February 30th. Many of those same folks don't see
anything curious about that either.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia