Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

Years ago, Walgreens was a store I'd regularly shop at. But in recent
years their prices seem to have gotten quite a bit higher than their
competitors, so I have not been in any of their stores for at least a
year.

Yesterday I noticed they had Arizona Iced tea cans advertised for Two
for $1.00 on their sign. I like that stuff, so I decided to go get
some. I grabbed 2 cans off the shelf and found another item I needed,
which was priced at $1.69. I went to the checkout, and the clerk asked
me if I have a Walgreens card. I said "No", and was paying with cash.
The total came to $5.24. I asked how she came up with that amount,
while saying that my total should be $2.69 plus tax. I asked how much I
was charged for the Iced Tea. She said $0.99 per can. I said "it's
advertised two for one dollar". She told me that price is only for
people with Walgreens cards. I told her to remove them from my sale.

Then I was quoted about $3.50 for that other item, which was priced
$1.69 on the shelf. I told her that the price on the shelf is marked
$1.69. She told me that price is just for people with Walgreens cards.
That's when I got angry, and told her that if my cash is not good
enough, then I dont want anything, and I wont shop at Walgreens ever
again. I left the store.

The bottom line is this. It appears that you MUST have a Walgreens card
to shop in their stores now. If you dont have one, they charge you
DOUBLE the price listed on the shelf.

I just thought I'd share this so others dont get caught in their trap.
Actually, I think there is some "False advertising" involved, and in my
opinion, what they are doing is illegal. But I dont have any lawyer
friends, and I have better things to do with my time. I just wont shop
at Walgreens ever again.

* And as a followup, I bought that "other item" at Walmart for a better
price, than the shelf price was at Walgreens.

OT -- avoid the flu shot? Stormin Mormon[_7_] Home Repair 49 December 17th 12 12:10 AM
Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid Jon Danniken[_2_] Home Repair 26 November 28th 09 02:05 PM
Shopping in Peace, or Avoid the Droid Oren[_2_] Home Repair 4 November 27th 09 11:14 PM
Avoid A2Z Radon DPH1 Home Repair 1 November 12th 07 10:57 AM
prices Ace VS Walgreens. Charles Schuler Home Repair 5 March 21st 07 01:27 PM