Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers

Default (OT) Avoid Shopping at Walgreens

On 1/22/2014 4:41 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 15:03:17 -0600,
wrote:

On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 09:42:47 -0800, "Bob F"
wrote:

TomR wrote:

But, I also hate to admit that I am also thinking of just
caving in on the store card game. I think (but I am not sure)
that I can give them all the same phone number and some
innocuous mostly bogus personal info and never carry one of
their stupid cards. Instead, I see people just giving their
phone number and saying they don't have their card with them.
I happen to have a separate low-cost phone line that I can use
for that, and its a line that I never actually answer and
mostly just use for outgoing calls.

If you give them a real phone #, they've got you identified. If
you ever pay with plastic, they've got you.

And even if you always pay with cash, if you get prescriptions
from them, they got you. I dont think anyone uses a fake identity
for their doctor, and medical care. If there is any insurance
involved, you surely wont. So, that means that if you get
prescriotions from them, there is no point using a fake
name/identity.

If you're that paranoid, get two "loyalty" cards.

But there again, use a small local pharmacy, or Walmart, or I know
some larger hospitals have a built-in pharmacy.

Some insurance won't pay for local pharmacies.

Walgreens, CVS, and others can play their spy-card games, and make
money from each person that signs up for one, but I bet they lose
customers because of it.

I bet they don't care.

They may not care if "I" never shop there again, but I'm not the
only person. if only 10% of people stop shopping there, that still
adds up. It's a big world, even if the average person spends $100
at Walgreens per year, if one million people quit shopping there,
that's one hundred million dollars of lost sales. Nothing to
sneeze at!

You're making **** up, of course.

My bank doesn't give out information to advertisers and I'm going to bet
that HIPAA forbids the sharing of patient information by any pharmacy.
People should really know what they're writing about. ^_^

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health...tability_Ac t

TDD