Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On 01/07/12 04:51 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Postal Service is the best/worst example of Affirmative Action
and Quota hiring as best illustrated by their poor performance and
hemorrhaging of Red Ink. o_O

Our USPS Regional Manager had a piece in the paper a few days ago saying
that they know exactly how to make the USPS more efficient but Congress
won't let them do it.

Perce

I wonder, was the piece of paper lost in the mail? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 7, 7:24*pm, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:00:19 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I received 5 "preference points" as a Veteran.

that hiring preferences also extends to other groups.
IF you open your eyes and look around.Go in any FEDGOV office.

They would not qualify me as bi-lingual. *English, Redneck, and
Profanity are not qualifiers.

Ah but you also get free health care as a vet in the USA do you not?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 7, 7:48*pm, "Sgt. Hulka" wrote:
On 1/7/2012 1:00 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I would sure hope veterans get preferential treatment.

People who have served our country deserve a break, don't you think?

Besides, with the exception of a disability or a candy ass, there is
nothing stopping someone from serving.

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2012 3:36 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 7, 7:48 pm, "Sgt. wrote:
On 1/7/2012 1:00 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I would sure hope veterans get preferential treatment.

People who have served our country deserve a break, don't you think?

Besides, with the exception of a disability or a candy ass, there is
nothing stopping someone from serving.

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 7, 9:38*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 10:51 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 7, 2:05 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 5:35 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In ,
* *The Daring * *wrote:
Theer w
Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD

* * *There was a white firefighter in New England (some reason I think
Boston, but don't hold me to it) that sued the Department. He was
Hispanic (he could trace his family back to Spain) but he did not get
his Captaincy (despite scoring higher on the exams) because of the extra
points that were awarded. He sued, demanded the "hispanic" points, and
got them as well as his Captains bars.
* * *Illustrative of the fact that AA does occur and that government can
write really poor regs.

Oh when I lived in Mexico for a short time I met some of the wonderful
people who call it home and learned that there is actually a form of
racism and casteism that is beyond the comprehension of most Americans
because it doesn't exist here in the same form. Never call someone of
pure Spanish decent "a Mexican". Them's fightin words. ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Peninsulares is the word you are seeking Duf...........
Nearest equivalents tobankers in SA.

I believe it's actually "Criollo" but those I talked to who fit the
description said they were Spanish. ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

The pure of race (ie Spanish, no indian blood) in SA have most of the
money, education and power.

You need to do some study of this, in say Nicoragua and how the USA
fomented race hate to suit it's politcal ends..

Boliva is quite interesting at the moment too. They now have their
first indian president.

Criollo is what the masses call the elite. Peninsulares is what the
elite calls themselves IME
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criollo_people

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 7, 9:47*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 10:49 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 7, 1:38 pm, *wrote:
The Daring *wrote:

On 1/6/2012 3:32 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
* *wrote in message
news:hv2dnUUFl67Nq5rSnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@supernew s.com...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

* Fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

* *In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD

You mean the "good ol white boys club" is losing it's power?- Hide quoted text -

Is that the same thing as the KKK?

The KKK was started and composed of Democrats. Something those of their
ilk refuse to admit. It's quite possible the "Good old White boys club"
is/was a Democrat sponsored organization. ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Ah, right. I'd heard about dems and the KKK. Someone brought it up
earlier I think.
We have the English Defence League.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_Defence_League
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/8/2012 3:45 AM, harry wrote:

The Daring wrote:
[...]

Heck, I just remember what Miguel said to me. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 8, 9:43*am, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/8/2012 3:36 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 7, 7:48 pm, "Sgt. *wrote:
On 1/7/2012 1:00 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I would sure hope veterans get preferential treatment.

People who have served our country deserve a break, don't you think?

Besides, with the exception of a disability or a candy ass, there is
nothing stopping someone from serving.

Only a minority put their lives at risk. *Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

TDD

Somebody has to feed/transport/etc. even the marines. 90% of the armed
forces are in a support role, more so than ever these days.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing things
up and killing people. But when it comes to things that require more
finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they depend on the
Navy (g).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, but are we repairing or replacing?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing things
up and killing people. But when it comes to things that require more
finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they depend on the
Navy (g).

Posted to alt.home.repair

gregz wrote:
wrote:
On Jan 5, 10:20 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.

There will always be people that do well in a down economy, and
people that struggle in a good economy. It's the overall picture
that counts, not just that of one person.

I see too many people struggling.

You're hangin' with the wrong crowd. Get a job at a bank, join the country
club, work for the federal government, sell dope.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Virus Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you receive an e-mail with a subject of Badtimes, delete it
immediately WITHOUT READING IT. This is the most DANGEROUS e-mail
virus ever.

It will rewrite your hard drive and scramble any disks that are even
close to your computer. It will recalibrate your freezer's coolness
setting so all your ice cream melts. It will demagnetize the strips
on all your credit cards, screw up the tracking on your VCR, and use
subspace field harmonics to render any CDs you try to play unreadable.

It will give your ex-boy/girlfriend/ex-husband/wife your new phone
number. It will mix antifreeze into your fishtank. It will drink all
your beer and leave its socks out on the coffee table when company
comes over. It will put a kitten in the back pocket of your good suit
and hide your car keys when you are late for work.

Badtimes will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you
nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas tank
and shave off both your eyebrows while dating your current
boy/girlfriend behind your back and billing the dinner and hotel room
to your Visa card.

It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can't find it.
It will tease your dog. It will leave strange messages on your boss's
voicemail in your voice. It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous
and terrifying to behold. It is also a rather interesting shade of
mauve.

Badtimes will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the toilet
seat up. It will make a batch of methamphetamine in your bathtub and
leave bacon cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase high
school kids with your snowblower.

These are just a few of the signs. Be very, very afraid!

You're beginning to sound like me. I bet we both eat the same breakfast
cereal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

mike wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I talked to an appliance repair lady who thinks the economy
is picking up.

I think she said that when it's really dead, people do wtihout.
If the laundry is broken, they take wet clothes to the laundro-
mat to dry, or wash them and take em home wet.

Moderate economy, people repair stuff. (home repair).

Good economy, people buy new.

I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.
Me, I think the economy is still bad. Not many people
repairing. I talked to a contractor (retired), yesterday.
He says the economy is so bad, that builders have gone
into remodelling, to keep the cash flow.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I don't think the economy can be repaired.
We need to replace it.

Actually we need to replace those that are trying to replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 5 Jan 2012 10:20:17 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I talked to an appliance repair lady who thinks the economy
is picking up.

I think she said that when it's really dead, people do wtihout.
If the laundry is broken, they take wet clothes to the laundro-
mat to dry, or wash them and take em home wet.

Moderate economy, people repair stuff. (home repair).

Good economy, people buy new.

I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.
Me, I think the economy is still bad. Not many people
repairing. I talked to a contractor (retired), yesterday.
He says the economy is so bad, that builders have gone
into remodelling, to keep the cash flow.

With the existing inventory of houses worth less than their replacement cost,
in most of the country, it's surprising that there is *any* new construction
going on. We're starting to look at homes now (though carrying two isn't in
the list of favorite things to do) and there *is* new construction going on.
boggle

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 04:46:00 -0600, "Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote:

bob haller wrote:
On Jan 5, 4:15 pm, "Mr. Austerity" "PrintMo.Money " wrote:
Existential Angst wrote:
"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 1/5/2012 9:20 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I talked to an appliance repair lady who thinks the economy
is picking up.
I think she said that when it's really dead, people do wtihout.
If the laundry is broken, they take wet clothes to the laundro-
mat to dry, or wash them and take em home wet.
Moderate economy, people repair stuff. (home repair).
Good economy, people buy new.
I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.
Me, I think the economy is still bad. Not many people
repairing. I talked to a contractor (retired), yesterday.
He says the economy is so bad, that builders have gone
into remodelling, to keep the cash flow.
The contents of pawn shops are another good economic indicator. ^_^
YET, college enrollment sets new records every year. WTF????
Don't know how the stats are compiled tho -- if they include ivy,
public/private, on-line, and these dinky for-profit ripoffs that
proliferate/advertise all over.
If the stats are "legit", I find this surprising. They say unemployed
people "go back to school", but I wonder if that's really true or part of
the current stats. visavis "retraining".
I'd like the stats on high-schoolers going to legit 4 year schools, and sep
stats for junior colleges. And trade schools.
Personally, I think 4 year colleges are highly over-rated, except as the
"entre" they provide for having that piece of paper -- whose value varies
tremendously with the school, ivy obviously being the better entre.
But still, something of a benchmark, for, well, something.....
google student loan, you can borrow your way through higher education
and then borrow more for graduate degrees. But it's expected to be paid
back..... with interest.- Hide quoted text -

new jobs pay far less........

source evening news

It's a real trap for to many,
http://www.pbs.org/now/shows/525/index.html

Hence the "occupy" losers, living in mom's basement.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 06:49:27 -0500, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
"HeyBub" wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

YET, college enrollment sets new records every year. WTF????

Don't know how the stats are compiled tho -- if they include ivy,
public/private, on-line, and these dinky for-profit ripoffs that
proliferate/advertise all over.

Well, some dinky for-profit (i.e., not a government school) don't reall
advertise. I'm thinking of Harvard, William & Mary, etc.

These are hardly for=profit, at least at the taxing level.

A government definition, not reality.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 01:59:08 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/6/2012 12:56 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 6, 5:45 am, The Daring

"The Daring wrote in message
[...]

Do you trust Affirmative Action college degrees? I've tried to carry on
an intelligent conversation with some recent college graduates and it's
quite evident that they only understand about every other word I say and
I'm not trying to use a very advanced vocabulary with them. o_O

TDD- Hide quoted text -

We have a degree in "media studies" (ie TV) over here.
Also "sociology".
Heh Heh.

If they graduate on a sports scholarship, I really have a hard time
communicating with them. "Sports Scholarship", isn't that a rather
excellent example of an oxymoron? o_O

Also, anything with a "Studies" (e.g. "Black Studies" or "Women's Studies") or
"Science" in it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 09:58:39 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Good God. I've got to change my citizenship. It's too embarassing to be USA.
Maybe some pacific island where the women wear grass skirts, and the men
carry machetes and WWII surplus .45 pistols?

I'll take the .45, but the women can lose the skirts.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2012 3:49 AM, harry wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I take great offense whenever someone brands anyone from "The South" as
being racist or a member of The KKK because they're spouting their
ignorance usually brought on by the warped stereotypes hammered into
their small brains by P.L.L.C.F. media in their formative years. To me,
a man is still an adolescent at age 30 and doesn't really become an
adult until he hits 40 and if he doesn't achieve adulthood by 40, all
hope is lost for him. Some of my ancestors were the first slaves brought
to the American colonies by the British, those slaves were White, they
were Irish and Scots captured in battle by the British who later started
snapping up the unwashed peasants as a slave resource to work in the New
World. My Southern ancestors despised slavery and were Abolitionists
because their kin had first hand experience with being slaves. The fact
that few people owned slaves is ignored by the Left and if you ask them
what percentage of Whites owned Blacks, they will talk all around it and
never be able to give a straight answer. If you tell them that there
were Black slave owners they'll have a stroke screaming "LIAR! LIAR!".
The percentage of Whites owning slaves "from what I've heard and read"
varies from 5%, 8% and 26% depending on who's manipulating the
statistics. Nowhere will you ever see a 100% figure even from The Left
because they know it's a lie nobody would believe. I found a video that
has an explanation of why P.L.L.C.F. minds are so screwed up. o_O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB2ocldbb2Q

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Hey, that's one of the rare compliments I've been given on
Usenet. Thanks.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

You're beginning to sound like me. I bet we both eat the same breakfast
cereal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2012 5:32 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing things
up and killing people. But when it comes to things that require more
finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they depend on the
Navy (g).

All my Marine friends tell me, "Never screw with the Navy Corpsman". The
traditional military verb was replace with "screw" to prevent
damage to delicate eyes. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 8, 12:10*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Yeah, but are we repairing or replacing?

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

I think it will be a case more of doing without the way things are
going.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 8, 7:11*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/8/2012 3:49 AM, harry wrote:

* * *wrote in message
[...]

America has always had slaves. Called immigrants. They were used as
cheap labour after being lured to America by false promises.
The current bunch are called Mexicans.
Of late, it has become more economic to take the work to the slaves
rather than the slaves to America.
Slaves can become a problem after a few generations when they start to
demand equal rights.
Your hero Lincoln wanted to deport all the black slaves back to Africa.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I received 5 "preference points" as a Veteran.

that hiring preferences also extends to other groups.
IF you open your eyes and look around.Go in any FEDGOV office.

They would not qualify me as bi-lingual. *English, Redneck, and
Profanity are not qualifiers.

Ah but you also get free health care as a vet in the USA do you not?

Honestly harry, I've never used the VA medical facilities. I've always
paid for my medical insurance. I figured the Vets returning home from
Vietnam needed _what_ treatment they could get from the Veterans
Administration (VA) far more than myself.

VA treatment may require long distance travel... like Los Angeles.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 06:32:02 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing things
up and killing people. But when it comes to things that require more
finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they depend on the
Navy (g).

I worked with a guy, always Marine this and Marine that, blah, blah,
blah.

I politely explained to him that the Marines were part of the Navy.
Three color shades later he says, "no they ain't!!"

"Doesn't the Secretary of the Navy sign your check?"

Join the Army and see the world from the back of a deuce-n-a half...

--
Army Artillery

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Daring wrote in message
[...]

Environmental Science degree, probably only good for a government job. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Environmental Science degree, probably only good for a government job. o_O

TDD

Or "public" or "Administration". My first degree I was twice blessed
as it was in Public Administration (although in my defense at the time I
was trying to a double major in Poli Sci and Journalism and this was
close w/o the need for a foreign language-grin).
(My next was a real degree in Nursing)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2012 1:31 PM, harry wrote:
On Jan 8, 7:11 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/8/2012 3:49 AM, harry wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

I think in government speak it's "repatriate". A great number of African
Negroes returned to Africa and established the country of Liberia and
they can do very well if they want to but there was a military coup in
1980 and the country became one very large cluster coitus with a lot of
dead people. According to the WiKi article the country had a turnaround
in 2005 with the election of the first woman President in Africa. I hope
they can succeed in putting the country back together. Harry, you know
darn well that Mexicans are not slaves, no American has ever gone to
Mexico and purchased Mexicans, put them in chains and forced them to
work. Nobody is preventing Mexicans from going back to "their" country.
Where do you come up with these strange notions? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

I think in government speak it's "repatriate". A great number of African
Negroes returned to Africa and established the country of Liberia and
they can do very well if they want to but there was a military coup in
1980 and the country became one very large cluster coitus with a lot of
dead people. According to the WiKi article the country had a turnaround
in 2005 with the election of the first woman President in Africa. I hope
they can succeed in putting the country back together. Harry, you know
darn well that Mexicans are not slaves, no American has ever gone to
Mexico and purchased Mexicans, put them in chains and forced them to
work. Nobody is preventing Mexicans from going back to "their" country.
Where do you come up with these strange notions? o_O

TDD

Rather interesting article in today's Miami Herald (via the NYT News
Service). Basically it said that those who are likely to pick up and go
now tend to pick up and go toward the smaller cities Mexico or Chile,
Agentina, or Brazil. "Pitting old residents against new." "Young
Mexican men working construction and driving down wages (in Santa Maria
Atzompa, Mx).
Same old same old.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/8/2012 2:59 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

Environmental Science degree, probably only good for a government job. o_O

TDD

Or "public" or "Administration". My first degree I was twice blessed
as it was in Public Administration (although in my defense at the time I
was trying to a double major in Poli Sci and Journalism and this was
close w/o the need for a foreign language-grin).
(My next was a real degree in Nursing)

Doesn't nursing tickle or worse, hurt when a teething infant bites down? o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2012 3:47 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

[...]

The P.L.L.C.F. are having a conniption fit over the new immigration law
against "ILLEGAL" immigrants that was passed by the legislature here in
my home state of Alabamastan. Many ILLEGAL immigrants are self deporting
back to their home countries, many of them just happen to be Mexicans.
It would be very funny if The United States copied Mexico's immigration
laws where it is a felony to be an ILLEGAL immigrant and where anyone
giving aid to ILLEGAL immigrants can be sent to prison. There must be
a flood of Gringo ILLEGAL immigrants into Mexico for them to take such
draconian measures? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/8/2012 2:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 06:32:02 -0500, Kurt
wrote:

In ,
The Daring wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing things
up and killing people. But when it comes to things that require more
finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they depend on the
Navy (g).

I worked with a guy, always Marine this and Marine that, blah, blah,
blah.

I politely explained to him that the Marines were part of the Navy.
Three color shades later he says, "no they ain't!!"

"Doesn't the Secretary of the Navy sign your check?"

Join the Army and see the world from the back of a deuce-n-a half...

I always thought the Marines were Naval Infantry and sailors handled the
bulk transportation and really big guns? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Fri, 6 Jan 2012 20:24:49 -0500, "Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv
wrote:

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
On 1/6/2012 6:39 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
"The Daring wrote in
message ...
On 1/6/2012 5:31 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
"The Daring wrote
in
message ...
wrote in message
[...]

That's not true. It's an urban myth perpetrated by the
parents of stupid children.

Ah, yes, a member of The P.L.L.C.F. reveals itself. ^_^

TDD

Wrong again...but you're certainly free to keep guessing.
;-)

If it quacks like a duck, it must be trolling. ^_^

TDD

First you accuse me of being a member of the PLLCF, whatever
that is.

You say you aren't a member of PLLCF the admit that you have no idea what it
is.

Then I'm a trolling duck.

Given the above lie (and your short but leftist-loser history here), it sure
fits.

When people realize they're wrong, they often resort to
childish tactics like name calling.

Calls 'em as we sees 'em.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

If you tell a Progressive Liberal Leftist Commiecrat Freak that he farts
like an elephant, said P.L.L.C.F. runs to Mommy crying that
TDD just called me an elephant, punish him Mommy! ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing things
up and killing people. But when it comes to things that require more
finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they depend on the
Navy (g).

All my Marine friends tell me, "Never screw with the Navy Corpsman". The
traditional military verb was replace with "screw" to prevent
damage to delicate eyes. ^_^

What about calling them corpse men?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 11:31:49 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

Your hero Lincoln wanted to deport all the black slaves back to Africa.

Be honest. Abe said blacks were inferior. He later emancipated the
slaves. Woke up from a 3-day drunk and said: "I did what?!"
Posted to alt.home.repair

Oren wrote:
On Sun, 08 Jan 2012 06:32:02 -0500, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Only a minority put their lives at risk. Most are employed in a
support role.

Tell that to The Marine Corps. ^_^

As a friend of mine (ex-Navy combat medic) likes to remind his
Marine buddies: The Marines are the best in the world at blowing
things up and killing people. But when it comes to things that
require more finesse (such as keeping their skinny butts alive) they
depend on the Navy (g).

I worked with a guy, always Marine this and Marine that, blah, blah,
blah.

I politely explained to him that the Marines were part of the Navy.
Three color shades later he says, "no they ain't!!"

"Doesn't the Secretary of the Navy sign your check?"

I believe all government-issued checks are signed by the Secretary of the
Treasury.

The Marine Corps is attached to the Navy for administrative purposes, the
same way the Army Air Corps was attached to the army pre-Air Force.

The navy provides administrative services: record-keeping, financial
services, etc., and transportation, so the Marine Corps can concentrate on
its mission of killing people and blowing things up.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

The Daring wrote:

Environmental Science degree, probably only good for a government job. o_O

TDD

Or "public" or "Administration". My first degree I was twice blessed
as it was in Public Administration (although in my defense at the time I
was trying to a double major in Poli Sci and Journalism and this was
close w/o the need for a foreign language-grin).
(My next was a real degree in Nursing)

Doesn't nursing tickle or worse, hurt when a teething infant bites down? o_O

Not to any real degree.