Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
harry harry is offline

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On Jan 7, 9:38*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 10:51 AM, harry wrote:

On Jan 7, 2:05 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 5:35 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In ,
* *The Daring * *wrote:
Theer w
Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD

* * *There was a white firefighter in New England (some reason I think
Boston, but don't hold me to it) that sued the Department. He was
Hispanic (he could trace his family back to Spain) but he did not get
his Captaincy (despite scoring higher on the exams) because of the extra
points that were awarded. He sued, demanded the "hispanic" points, and
got them as well as his Captains bars.
* * *Illustrative of the fact that AA does occur and that government can
write really poor regs.

Oh when I lived in Mexico for a short time I met some of the wonderful
people who call it home and learned that there is actually a form of
racism and casteism that is beyond the comprehension of most Americans
because it doesn't exist here in the same form. Never call someone of
pure Spanish decent "a Mexican". Them's fightin words. ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Peninsulares is the word you are seeking Duf...........
Nearest equivalents tobankers in SA.

I believe it's actually "Criollo" but those I talked to who fit the
description said they were Spanish. ^_^

TDD- Hide quoted text -

The pure of race (ie Spanish, no indian blood) in SA have most of the
money, education and power.

You need to do some study of this, in say Nicoragua and how the USA
fomented race hate to suit it's politcal ends..

Boliva is quite interesting at the moment too. They now have their
first indian president.

Criollo is what the masses call the elite. Peninsulares is what the
elite calls themselves IME
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criollo_people