Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

In article ,
George Plimpton wrote:

in the school roughly in the same percentage as the percentage of blacks
in the general population, will admit some low-GPA, low-LSAT blacks
while necessarily rejecting some whites and Asians who scored higher and
are more likely to complete their degrees. This happens at
undergraduate schools, too.

And then wonder why they flunk out in higher numbers. I can't get people
to believe that it might be best for them to go to a slightly lower tier
school where they might even graduate, then the Ivy League school where
they will be eaten alive.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 09 Jan 2012 14:49:27 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 1/9/2012 2:25 PM, George Plimpton wrote:
On 1/6/2012 3:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:11:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD

In a single word: Nepotism

...nepotism in the workplace

It's called racial preference (or sexual or ethnic or whatever.) It's
what the left have renamed affirmative action after that latter term
deservedly became obscene.

Note that schools don't do this because they're ordered to do it by the
government. They do it because they're in the iron grip of left-wing
"multi-culti" administrators who believe in it - who drank deeply from
the "diversity" Kool-Aid vat.

Schools have said, and courts have agreed with them, that the schools
have an "interest" in having a "diverse" student body in particular
programs at particular schools - say, the University of Michigan law
school. So, even though blacks simply don't meet the objective criteria
for admission to the law school, the school admissions committee,
operating under the *normative* belief that it is "good" if there blacks
in the school roughly in the same percentage as the percentage of blacks
in the general population, will admit some low-GPA, low-LSAT blacks
while necessarily rejecting some whites and Asians who scored higher and
are more likely to complete their degrees. This happens at undergraduate
schools, too.

California's most excellent Proposition 209, passed overwhelmingly by
the voters in 1996, was supposed to forbid any consideration of race,
ethnicity, sex, national origin, or all the usual left-wing
identity-politics bull**** criteria, in university admissions or any
other aspect of California state administration. It has worked well, but
the left-wing racists are seeking to overturn it, and that asshole
Moonbeam Brown supports their efforts, signing a letter to the
Marxist-dominated 9th Circuit court asking them to overturn Prop 209.

A famous Black minister once said something to the effect that he
dreamed for a day when a man would be judged by the content of his
character and not the color of his skin. I remember some nut shot him. o_O

TDD

In fact..it was a Democrat that shot him.

Gunner

Gunner Asch
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 8 Jan 2012 23:25:40 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

The vets suspected your gov wants to close this hospital, they are on
a mission to prevent it.

The facility may be antiquated. Transfer the furniture.

I have to check if Las Vegas has finally got a VA hospital (21st
century).

I was a big hit there, the vets all appreciated being pushed around
the placeby a Brit. They even gave me an award.
There were a lot of very interesting people there.

I bet you were.

They all hated your gov. (Bush at the time).

Are you certain?

Many Americans joined the military just to get the free health care.
Our boys join the military because they like killing people.

Pious Baloney

Possibly they are unrequited gun nuts.

I intentionally moved my draft date up ... let me off the chain with a
gun.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/9/2012 1:57 PM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In articlenfqdnd5in9rO0JbSnZ2dnUVZ5qOdnZ2d@giganews. com,
George wrote:

in the school roughly in the same percentage as the percentage of blacks
in the general population, will admit some low-GPA, low-LSAT blacks
while necessarily rejecting some whites and Asians who scored higher and
are more likely to complete their degrees. This happens at
undergraduate schools, too.

And then wonder why they flunk out in higher numbers. I can't get people
to believe that it might be best for them to go to a slightly lower tier
school where they might even graduate, then the Ivy League school where
they will be eaten alive.

That is *exactly* the right solution. They're not smart enough to
attend a top tier school; they have no business being there.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

There is no evidence Ray was a Democrat. Also, King was not a
Republican, contrary to idiot far-right bull****.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Dan Espen wrote:

It was the Medal of Honor given him by Franklin Roosevelt for
downing 23 Japanese aircraft during the battle of Guadacanal.

At the time of the medal, 26.

But he got the medal for twenty-three. The remaining three were a coda a few
months later.

--- begin quote
"CAPTAIN JOSEPH J. FOSS
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS RESERVE

for service as set forth in the following CITATION:

For outstanding heroism and courage above and beyond the call of duty as
Executive Officer of a Marine Fighting Squadron, at Guadalcanal, Solomon
Islands. Engaging in almost daily combat with the enemy from October 9 to
November 19, 1942, Captain Foss personally shot down 23 Japanese aircraft
and damaged others so severely that their destruction was extremely
probable...

--- end quote

When told he could go ahead and board his plane if he discarded this
potential weapon ("In the pot, pops"), he is reported to have said:
"You have done ****ed with the wrong Marine, sonny!"

According to RELIABLE sources, he was allowed to board with his medal.
I doubt he used that bad language attributed to him.

You can quote me as a reliable source. I heard him repeat the story on the
Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I've never heard anyone call Dr. King a Republican but there is one
thing everyone can agree on about Ray, he was a murderer. There was
another great American who was killed during that time and it's a
shame he's not given his due respect and that man was Medgar Evers.
He was an outstanding young man who just happens to be buried at
Arlington National Cemetery because he served in The Army during
WWII.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"HeyBub" writes:

Dan Espen wrote:

It was the Medal of Honor given him by Franklin Roosevelt for
downing 23 Japanese aircraft during the battle of Guadacanal.

At the time of the medal, 26.

But he got the medal for twenty-three. The remaining three were a coda a few
months later.

--- begin quote
"CAPTAIN JOSEPH J. FOSS
UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS RESERVE

for service as set forth in the following CITATION:

For outstanding heroism and courage above and beyond the call of duty as
Executive Officer of a Marine Fighting Squadron, at Guadalcanal, Solomon
Islands. Engaging in almost daily combat with the enemy from October 9 to
November 19, 1942, Captain Foss personally shot down 23 Japanese aircraft
and damaged others so severely that their destruction was extremely
probable...

Ah yes I see it now.
It's confusing, he had 26 kills by 1/13/43 and got the medal on 5/18/43.

When told he could go ahead and board his plane if he discarded this
potential weapon ("In the pot, pops"), he is reported to have said:
"You have done ****ed with the wrong Marine, sonny!"

According to RELIABLE sources, he was allowed to board with his medal.
I doubt he used that bad language attributed to him.

You can quote me as a reliable source. I heard him repeat the story on the
Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Bad language and all?
Surprised. (I believe you, just surprised.)

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
says...

On 1/9/2012 8:38 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In , cayoung61
says...

I may try that. Sounds like a grande idea.

Kreestoffer A. Chungo
Learn more about Jesus (my compadre... mows me lawno)
www.lds.org
.

"The Daring wrote in message

A friend years ago when the Seagrams Distillery in Waterloo closed
down, was looking for a job. He was a BIG BOY - about 310 and 6'4",
and bald as a billiard ball
On the application was the question "are you a member of a visible
minority?"
He answered yes and got an interview -
The interviewer was taken aback, and asked why he answered "yes" to
the visible minority question.
He answered that he was a hardworking, intelligent, unemployed white
male, so was in the minority, and at 6'4" and 310 , and "shiny" he was
DEFINITELY visible!!

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

Nahh, I know a guy with a hispanic surname and a degres from the Yale
Law School. He's been starving for years.

How many years ago? o_O

Well, he graduated the same year as Bush Jr IIRC and he's been starving
for most of the interim.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/9/2012 6:17 PM, Dan Espen wrote:
writes:

Dan Espen wrote:

[...]

I doubt he said it; sounds like urban legend. The line is taken from
Jack Nicholson's character, "Col. Jessup", in "A Few Good Men" who says
it in court right after he's informed he's being charged.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In ,

"The Daring wrote in message

[...]

Does he smell real bad or something? He has a law degree from Yale and
he's starving? Perhaps he has such high morals which keep him from the
practice of law? o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 8:07*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
J. Clarke wrote:
In article ,
says...

harry wrote:

The situation is over here is so bad that when you see a minority
worker, you suspect that he/she/it only got the job because of their
minority status and are therfore suspect (competencewise).
So if you are a black, one legged, lesbian with a "single parent"
from a "deprived area/socio-economic background" you are guaranteed
a job just to make up the numbers/tick the boxes in some
organisation.

While waiting to board my flight at the Sky Harbor airport in
Phoenix, an itty-bitty TSA agentette tapped me on the shoulder and
asked: "Excuse me sir, but could I get you to do me a favor?"

I looked down at her, slowly shook my head, and said: "I'm sorry, I
can't. I'm married."

TSA does NOT have a sense of humor.

Anyway, speaking of "ticking off the boxes," TSA selected four
passengers for "additional random screening."

The picked me, a senior white male, a senior black male, an young
Oriental woman, and a young Hispanic male with a goatee.

Boxes ticked.

Continuing with the story, we four stood against the wall while a
different agentette prowled through the Hispanic guy's computer
(looking for bomb making recipes?). I said to him, soto voice, "You
know, you look more like a terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay
on any funny business!"

The computer-prowling agentette looked and admonished me by saying:
"There's no such thing as what a terrorist looks like!" To which I
responded, "There damn sure is; they're Middle Eastern males with
names like Achmed al-BoomBoom. Didn't you get the memo?"

Uh, there are blue eyed blonde female Muslims with names like
"Visnjic" you know. *And some of them also believe that blowing
themselves to Hell is the way to paradise.

That earned me another talking-to.

Oh well. Screw 'em.

That's your real problem, you didn't get to screw her.

I really don't understand the mentality that goes out of its way to
**** off cops.

This airport, Sky Harbor (and the people in it), has a reputation.

In February of 2001, right after 9/11 (while the National Guard was on the
case), a dude tried to sneak a weapon (a Ninja-Star) aboard his outbound
flight. He was pulled aside and the authorities talked strong to him!

Come to find out, he was responsible from bringing down 34 aircraft with the
loss of life of everybody aboard!

His name was Joe Foss, former governor of South Dakota, former commissioner
of the American Football League, brigader general in the National Guard,
former president of the National Rifle Association, and for 23 years, the
host of the TV program "The American Sportsman." He had just left an NRA
Board of Director's meeting in Phoenix and was on his way to the U.S.
Military Academy at West Point to deliver a guest lecture on "Patriotism."

And the destructive device that got everybody so exercised?

It was the Medal of Honor given him by Franklin Roosevelt for downing 23
Japanese aircraft during the battle of Guadacanal.

When told he could go ahead and board his plane if he discarded this
potential weapon ("In the pot, pops"), he is reported to have said: "You
have done ****ed with the wrong Marine, sonny!"

The ONLY thing that could have made this event more insane would have been
to have it happen at Joe's hometown airport in Sioux Falls. The name of that
airport is "Joe Foss Field."

Joe Foss died last year after leading a colorful life. He is missed.

So, yeah, I don't mind jerking a jerk's chain.- Hide quoted text -

You ALWAYS get these stories wrong.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Foss#Later_years

The event took place in Phoenix.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 8:53*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 1/9/2012 6:27 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

In ,
says...

Existential Angst wrote:

YET, college enrollment sets new records every year. * WTF????

Don't know how the stats are compiled tho -- if they include ivy,
public/private, on-line, and these dinky for-profit ripoffs that
proliferate/advertise all over.

Well, some dinky for-profit (i.e., not a government school) don't reall
advertise. I'm thinking of Harvard, William& *Mary, etc.

If the stats are "legit", I find this surprising. *They say unemployed
people "go back to school", but I wonder if that's really true or
part of the current stats. *visavis "retraining".
I'd like the stats on high-schoolers going to legit 4 year schools,
and sep stats for junior colleges. And trade schools.

The University of Houston ranks number two in the state in the number of
warm bodies enrolled. It ranks about ninth in the number of classroom hours
of instruction inasmuch as over half its student body attends class at
night.

Personally, I think 4 year colleges are highly over-rated, except as
the "entre" they provide for having that piece of paper -- whose
value varies tremendously with the school, ivy obviously being the
better entre.

Would you "entre" someone who has a degree in Black or Women's Studies,
History of Pellopenesia, Non-Traditional Religions, Gay Literature Studies,
Elementary Education, and similar? I wouldn't even hire someone whose name
was Chlamydia.

Really depends on what I needed them for. *If I needed an engineer, no,
if I needed an elementary school teacher or a personnel wallah . . .

And if you hold people responsible for the names their parents stuck
them with you're an ass.

Steven Levitt ("Freakonomics") addresses the ultra-black names issue.
The names aren't what destine them more often than not to a bad,
unproductive life. *Rather, the fact their mamas had bad, unproductive
ghetto lives is why those people have those names in the first place.
The name isn't destiny, but the socio-economic background typically is.
* Taysh'aun and Kyeishi'a typically are born to uneducated
unemployed/unemployable teenage black girls, so they start out with the
deck stacked against them.- Hide quoted text -

These are people who never discovered the wheel. So it's not entirely
social.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 9, 9:02*pm, George Plimpton wrote:
On 1/5/2012 3:15 PM, HeyBub wrote:

Existential Angst wrote:

[...]

You should not even invite in for an interview anyone with a degree in
anything that has "studies" in the name. *It is the hallmark of
intellectually worthless programs that have no academic rigor and are
nothing but ideological propaganda. *This is especially true if the word
"interdisciplinary" is part of the program title or description.- Hide quoted text -

Very true. Also in the UK.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=16500

http://gopcapitalist.tripod.com/democratrecord.html

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=15893

http://www.ashbrook.org/publicat/ope...02/racism.html

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...et-free-passes

http://realdemocrathistory.wordpress.com/category/kkk/

The KKK was the terrorist wing of the Democrat Party.
May 15, 2008 at 1:01 pm | Posted in Democrat Party, K.K.K | 18 Comments

Our nation’s top historians reveal that the Democratic Party gave us the
Ku Klux Klan, Black Codes, Jim Crow Laws and other repressive
legislation which resulted in the multitude of murders, lynchings,
mutilations, and intimidations (of thousands of black and white
Republicans). On the issue of slavery: historians say the Democrats gave
their lives to expand it, the Republicans gave their lives to ban it.
The Democrats:

Democrats fought to expand slavery while Republicans fought to end
it.
Democrats passed those discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws.
Democrats supported and passed the Missouri Compromise to protect
slavery.
Democrats supported and passed the Kansas Nebraska Act to expand
slavery.
Democrats supported and backed the Dred Scott Decision.
Democrats opposed educating blacks and murdered our teachers.
Democrats fought against anti-lynching laws.
Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, is well known for
having been a “Kleagle” in the Ku Klux Klan.
Democrat Senator Robert Byrd of West Virginia, personally
filibustered the Civil Rights Act of 1964 for 14 straight hours to keep
it from passage.
Democrats passed the Repeal Act of 1894 that overturned civil right
laws enacted by Republicans.
Democrats declared that they would rather vote for a “yellow dog”
than vote for a Republican, because the Republican Party was known as
the party for blacks.
Democrat President Woodrow Wilson, reintroduced segregation
throughout the federal government immediately upon taking office in
1913.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s first appointment to the
Supreme Court was a life member of the Ku Klux Klan, Sen. Hugo Black,
Democrat of Alabama.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s choice for vice president
in 1944 was Harry Truman, who had joined the Ku Klux Klan in Kansas City
in 1922.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt resisted Republican efforts
to pass a federal law against lynching.
Democrat President Franklin D. Roosevelt opposed integration of the
armed forces.
Democrat Senators Sam Ervin, Albert Gore, Sr. and Robert Byrd were
the chief opponents of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
Democrats supported and backed Judge John Ferguson in the case of
Plessy v Ferguson.
Democrats supported the School Board of Topeka Kansas in the case of
Brown v The Board of Education of Topeka Kansas.
Democrat public safety commissioner Eugene “Bull” Connor, in
Birmingham, Ala., unleashed vicious dogs and turned fire hoses on black
civil rights demonstrators.
Democrats were who Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. and the other
protesters were fighting.
Democrat Georgia Governor Lester Maddox “brandished an ax hammer to
prevent blacks from patronizing his restaurant.
Democrat Governor George Wallace stood in front of the Alabama
schoolhouse in 1963, declaring there would be segregation forever.
Democrat Arkansas Governor Faubus tried to prevent desegregation of
Little Rock public schools.
Democrat Senator John F. Kennedy voted against the 1957 Civil rights
Act.
Democrat President John F. Kennedy opposed the 1963 March on
Washington by Dr. King.
Democrat President John F. Kennedy, had Dr. King wiretapped and
investigated by the FBI.
Democrat President Bill Clinton’s mentor was U.S. Senator J. William
Fulbright, an Arkansas Democrat and a supporter of racial segregation.
Democrat President Bill Clinton interned for J. William Fulbright in
1966-67.
Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright signed the Southern Manifesto
opposing the Supreme Court’s 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision.
Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright joined with the Dixiecrats in
filibustering the Civil Rights Acts of 1957 and 1964.
Democrat Senator J. William Fulbright voted against the 1965 Voting
Rights Act.
Southern Democrats opposed desegregation and integration.

Democrats opposed:

The Emancipation Proclamation
The 13th Amendment
The 14th Amendment
The 15th Amendment
The Reconstruction Act of 1867
The Civil Rights of 1866
The Enforcement Act of 1870
The Forced Act of 1871
The Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871
The Civil Rights Act of 1875
The Freeman Bureau
The Civil Rights Act of 1957
The Civil Rights Act of 1960
The United State Civil Rights Commission

Republicans gave strong bi-partisan support and sponsorship for the
following
legislation:

The Civil Rights Act of 1964
The Voting Rights Act of 1965
The 1968 Civil Rights Acts
The Equal Opportunity Act of 1972
Goals and Timetables for Affirmative Action Programs
Comprehensive Employment Training Act of 1973
Voting Rights Act of Amendment of 1982
Civil Rights Act of 1983
Federal Contract Compliance and Workforce Development Act of 1988

The Republicans:

Republicans enacted civil rights laws in the 1950’s and 1960’s, over
the objection of Democrats.
Republicans founded the HBCU’s (Historical Black College’s and
Universities) and started the NAACP to counter the racist practices of
the Democrats.
Republicans pushed through much of the ground-breaking civil rights
legislation in Congress.
Republicans fought slavery and amended the Constitution to grant
blacks freedom, citizenship and the right to vote.
Republicans pushed through much of the groundbreaking civil rights
legislation from the 1860s through the 1960s.
Republican President Dwight Eisenhower sent troops into the South to
desegregate the schools.
Republican President Eisenhower appointed Chief Justice Earl Warren
to the Supreme Court, which resulted in the 1954 Brown vs. Board of
Education decision.
Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois, not Democrat
President Lyndon Johnson, was the one who pushed through the civil
rights laws of the 1960’s.
Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois wrote the language
for the 1965 Voting Rights Act.
Republican Senator Everett Dirksen from Illinois also crafted the
language for the Civil Rights Act of 1968 which prohibited
discrimination in housing.
Republican and black American, A. Phillip Randolph, organized the
1963 March by Dr. King on Washington.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act Roll Call Vote: In the House, only 64 percent
of the Democrats (153 yes, 91 no), but 80 percent of the Republicans
(136 yes, 35 no), voted for it. In the Senate, while only 68 percent of
the Democrats endorsed the bill (46 yes, 21 no), 82 percent of the
Republicans voted to enact it (27 yes, 6 no).

Thaddeus Stevens, a Radical Republican that introduced legislation to
give African Americans the so-called 40 acres and a mule and Democrats
overwhelmingly voted against the bill.

During the Senate debates on the Ku Klux Klan Act of 1871, it was
revealed that members of the Democratic Party formed many terrorist
organizations like the Ku Klux Klan to murder and intimidate African
Americans voters. The Ku Klux Klan Act was a bill introduced by a
Republican Congress to stop Klan Activities.

History reveals that Democrats lynched, burned, mutilated and murdered
thousands of blacks and completely destroyed entire towns and
communities occupied by middle class Blacks, including Rosewood,
Florida, the Greenwood District in Tulsa Oklahoma, and Wilmington, North
Carolina to name a few.

History reveals that it was Abolitionists and Radical Republicans such
as Henry L. Morehouse and General Oliver Howard that started many of the
traditional Black colleges, while Democrats fought to keep them closed.
Many of our traditional Black colleges are named after white
Republicans.

After exclusively giving the Democrats their votes for the past 25
years, the average African American cannot point to one piece of civil
rights legislation sponsored solely by the Democratic Party that was
specifically designed to eradicate the unique problems that African
Americans face today.

As of 2004, the Democrat Party (the oldest political party in America)
has never elected a black man to the United States Senate, the
Republicans have elected three.

Gunner Asch
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I've always wondered how in the hell the Democrats have pulled the wool
over the eyes of my darker skinned cousins about their true nature? Of
course, it may have something to do with their ilk gaining control over
the education of children and what is taught in government schools. I
think I remember something about one of the old main figures of
Communism saying something to the effect of give me your children for
a generation and I'll own your country. I don't remember the exact quote
but it struck me as being quite insidious. Slavery still exists
in the U.S. for Americans of African decent and it's practiced by The
Democrat Party with the abhorrent measures like one of the very worst
and most damaging to Black Americans known as "The Great Society". The
damage done to Negro American culture and families is horrifying. Why
are they so blind to it? It boggles the mind. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

http://washingtonexaminer.com/opinio...8/racist-democ...

[...]

Hmm. Impressive list.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/12 04:58 pm, I wrote:

The Postal Service is the best/worst example of Affirmative Action
and Quota hiring as best illustrated by their poor performance and
hemorrhaging of Red Ink. o_O

Our USPS Regional Manager had a piece in the paper a few days ago saying
that they know exactly how to make the USPS more efficient but Congress
won't let them do it.

Over the weekend I bought something on line and selected Free Economy
Shipping. The item has already arrived at the UPS depot from which our
deliveries are always made, but this item will be delivered tomorrow
by... Ta-da! The US Postal Service. So the Postal Service can deliver
items more economically than UPS itself can, even when they have to be
trucked from UPS over to the Post Office?

Perce

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

gummer does. See
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.m...d559fa0a68a3a7

There is no evidence Martin Luther King, Jr. ever was a registered
Republican. In fact, there is no evidence about King's voter
registration at all. His father, Martin Luther King, _Sr._ was a
registered Republican, who subsequently split with the Republican party
in the 1960s.

King, Jr. /may/ have been a Republican, because up until the late 1950s
and early 1960s, most southern blacks who registered to vote registered
as Republicans. That's because, _in the south_ up through the 1950s,
the segregationists - and the Klan - were Democrats. That all began to
change in the late 1950s, and accelerated so that by the end of the
1960s, the segregationists had all switched to the Republican party and
the blacks had all switched to the Democrats.

To repeat: there is no evidence Martin Luther King, Jr. /ever/ was a
Republican. But racist reactionaries like gummer will not give up on
the lie. gummer also insists the KKK is still Democratic, when in fact
southern segregationists defected /en masse/ in the 1960s to the
Republican party, because the national Democratic party supported the
civil rights acts while the Republicans opposed them.

but there is one
thing everyone can agree on about Ray, he was a murderer. There was
another great American who was killed during that time and it's a
shame he's not given his due respect and that man was Medgar Evers.

Medgar Evers is given his due. Where have you been?

He was an outstanding young man who just happens to be buried at
Arlington National Cemetery because he served in The Army during
WWII.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Libs operate by inciting hatred. My sister, for example, is a lib. When I
mention anything Republican, she goes into wild eyed hatred of people like
Reagan, who got her husband fired.

Conservatives operate by reasoning, and intelligence.

It's very dificult to reason with an angry person.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

I've always wondered how in the hell the Democrats have pulled the wool
over the eyes of my darker skinned cousins about their true nature? Of

"The Great Society". The
damage done to Negro American culture and families is horrifying. Why
are they so blind to it? It boggles the mind. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"J. Clarke" wrote:

Nahh, I know a guy with a hispanic surname and a degres from the Yale
Law School. He's been starving for years.

He never learned to steal big ticket items, like the other lawyers?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
says...

[...]

No, he in theory works as a lawyer. In practice he's been the junior
assistant to the associate peon's aide's apprentice for decades.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/9/2012 6:30 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
In articleIIednXTl2OfeVJfSnZ2dnUVZ_tmdnZ2d@earthlink .com,
says...

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:

Environmental Science degree, probably only good for a government
job. o_O

TDD

Or "public" or "Administration". My first degree I was twice blessed
as it was in Public Administration (although in my defense at the
time I was trying to a double major in Poli Sci and Journalism and
this was close w/o the need for a foreign language-grin).
(My next was a real degree in Nursing)

I note that "real" science does not have the word "science" as part of its
description. Whereas "pretend" science does.

Just using the scientific method does not make the discipline scientific.

Well, actually, using the scientific method does make the discipline
scientific. But if you're talking about "political science" and "social
science" they don't use the scientific method. They use statistics and
pretend that because they're playing with numbers they're doing science.

What they are doing is applying scientific methods to studying human
behavior. So it is scientific. The problem is the subject isn't numbers
but people. You will never be able to have the precision in
understanding human behavior that you will in understanding numbers or
quantum physics or astronomy. Social sciences just don't lend themselves
to exact measures. So while they can't compete with other sciences in
how precisely they measure things they sure can use scientific
methodology to understand their subject just as well as any other
science. So the truth is any time you use the methods of science to
learn or study a subject that is science.

Hawke

Hawke