Posted to alt.home.repair
Percival P. Cassidy Percival P. Cassidy is offline

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On 01/07/12 04:58 pm, I wrote:

The Postal Service is the best/worst example of Affirmative Action
and Quota hiring as best illustrated by their poor performance and
hemorrhaging of Red Ink. o_O

Our USPS Regional Manager had a piece in the paper a few days ago saying
that they know exactly how to make the USPS more efficient but Congress
won't let them do it.

Over the weekend I bought something on line and selected Free Economy
Shipping. The item has already arrived at the UPS depot from which our
deliveries are always made, but this item will be delivered tomorrow
by... Ta-da! The US Postal Service. So the Postal Service can deliver
items more economically than UPS itself can, even when they have to be
trucked from UPS over to the Post Office?

Perce