Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On 1/6/2012 5:21 PM, Oren wrote:
On Fri, 06 Jan 2012 16:11:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD

In a single word: Nepotism

...nepotism in the workplace

Nepotism is what "The Good Old Boys Network" did. Now it's "The Homies
Network" or "Liberal White Broads Cabal" running human resources in many
corporations and they are discriminating against the average White male.
I gave up on working for corporations as an employee years ago.
I now only work for a corporation as an independent contractor and have
found that they call me after the morons who meet their Affirmative
Action, Minority and Female Owned businesses requirements can't do the
job or screw it up so bad, they're in a desperate situation. The
competent Minority and Female Owned businesses have all the work they
can handle and it really ****es them off when the unqualified morons who
may share the same description as them leave devastation and the common
cluster coitus in their wake because it gives the unenlightened a bad
impression of ALL of them. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2012 5:31 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
"The Daring wrote in
message ...
On 1/6/2012 3:32 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
wrote in message
m...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on
their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive
Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into
schools while Caucasians with higher test scores and
qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The
same thing has been happening in the work force for many
years. o_O

TDD

That's not true. It's an urban myth perpetrated by the
parents of stupid children.

Ah, yes, a member of The P.L.L.C.F. reveals itself. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued
Executive
Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into
schools while Caucasians with higher test scores and
qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The
same thing has been happening in the work force for many
years. o_O

TDD

That's not true. It's an urban myth perpetrated by the
parents of stupid children.

Ah, yes, a member of The P.L.L.C.F. reveals itself. ^_^

TDD

Wrong again...but you're certainly free to keep guessing.
;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2012 6:39 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
"The Daring wrote in
message ...

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued
Executive
Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into
schools while Caucasians with higher test scores and
qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The
same thing has been happening in the work force for many
years. o_O

TDD

That's not true. It's an urban myth perpetrated by the
parents of stupid children.

Ah, yes, a member of The P.L.L.C.F. reveals itself. ^_^

TDD

Wrong again...but you're certainly free to keep guessing.
;-)

If it quacks like a duck, it must be trolling. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...
wrote in message
m...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple
of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on
their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

From
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

[...]

First you accuse me of being a member of the PLLCF, whatever
that is.
Then I'm a trolling duck.

When people realize they're wrong, they often resort to
childish tactics like name calling.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive
Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into
schools while Caucasians with higher test scores and
qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The
same thing has been happening in the work force for many
years. o_O

TDD

That's not true. It's an urban myth perpetrated by the
parents of stupid children.

No, actually in many cases it IS true - in the workplace for sure.
MANY jobs are advertised and they might as well put right on the add
"white males need not apply" Particularly in government regulated
businesses - and government/civil service jobs.

A friend years ago when the Seagrams Distillery in Waterloo closed
down, was looking for a job. He was a BIG BOY - about 310 and 6'4",
and bald as a billiard ball
On the application was the question "are you a member of a visible
minority?"
He answered yes and got an interview -
The interviewer was taken aback, and asked why he answered "yes" to
the visible minority question.
He answered that he was a hardworking, intelligent, unemployed white
male, so was in the minority, and at 6'4" and 310 , and "shiny" he was
DEFINITELY visible!!
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2012 7:24 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
"The Daring wrote in
message ...
wrote in message
[...]

OK "Mr. Grumpypants", have it your way. I'll never call you names again. ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote in message
[...]

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

That's not what it ever was. Affirmative action *always* meant
preference for minorities - in other words, UNEQUAL opportunity.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

I may try that. Sounds like a grande idea.

Kreestoffer A. Chungo
Learn more about Jesus (my compadre... mows me lawno)
www.lds.org
..

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/6/2012 11:39 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

Kelly Sedey had one wish, to get a new job.
Then one day while on an interview she got her dream job offer!
She accepted.
When she got home, she noticed on her computer she had e-mail.
She checked it, the usual stuff from her friends, but then she saw one
that she had never gotten before.
It was this chain letter. She deleted it without even reading it all.
BIG MISTAKE!
Her luck would change for the worse.
Later that evening, she received a phone call from her new employer!
She was fired. When she hung up the phone, her dog died.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 6, 7:01*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/6/2012 11:58 AM, willshak wrote:

The Daring Dufas wrote the following:
"The Daring wrote in message
On 1/5/2012 9:20 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
I talked to an appliance repair lady who thinks the economy
is picking up.

I think she said that when it's really dead, people do wtihout.
If the laundry is broken, they take wet clothes to the laundro-
mat to dry, or wash them and take em home wet.

Moderate economy, people repair stuff. (home repair).

Good economy, people buy new.

I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.
Me, I think the economy is still bad. Not many people
repairing. I talked to a contractor (retired), yesterday.
He says the economy is so bad, that builders have gone
into remodelling, to keep the cash flow.

The contents of pawn shops are another good economic indicator. ^_^

YET, college enrollment sets new records every year. WTF????

Don't know how the stats are compiled tho -- if they include ivy,
public/private, on-line, and these dinky for-profit ripoffs that
proliferate/advertise all over.

If the stats are "legit", I find this surprising. They say unemployed
people "go back to school", but I wonder if that's really true or
part of
the current stats. visavis "retraining".
I'd like the stats on high-schoolers going to legit 4 year schools,
and sep
stats for junior colleges. And trade schools.

Personally, I think 4 year colleges are highly over-rated, except as the
"entre" they provide for having that piece of paper -- whose value
varies
tremendously with the school, ivy obviously being the better entre.

But still, something of a benchmark, for, well, something.....

Do you trust Affirmative Action college degrees? I've tried to carry
on an intelligent conversation with some recent college graduates and
it's
quite evident that they only understand about every other word I say and
I'm not trying to use a very advanced vocabulary with them. o_O

TDD

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of decades, but I
remember they used to have written on their paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

I The UK, they call it "Positive Discrimination". ^_^

We have all sorts of **** over here Duf. You would never believe it.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 6, 10:11*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/6/2012 3:32 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:

*wrote in message
om...

[...]

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Over here, large organisations are given targets. I f they don't meet
them, they have problems.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

*wrote:

[...]

The situation is over here is so bad that when you see a minority
worker, you suspect that he/she/it only got the job because of their
minority status and are therfore suspect (competencewise).
So if you are a black, one legged, lesbian with a "single parent" from
a "deprived area/socio-economic background" you are guaranteed a job
just to make up the numbers/tick the boxes in some organisation.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

In article ,
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Theer w
Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD

There was a white firefighter in New England (some reason I think
Boston, but don't hold me to it) that sued the Department. He was
Hispanic (he could trace his family back to Spain) but he did not get
his Captaincy (despite scoring higher on the exams) because of the extra
points that were awarded. He sued, demanded the "hispanic" points, and
got them as well as his Captains bars.
Illustrative of the fact that AA does occur and that government can
write really poor regs.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

harry wrote:

The situation is over here is so bad that when you see a minority
worker, you suspect that he/she/it only got the job because of their
minority status and are therfore suspect (competencewise).
So if you are a black, one legged, lesbian with a "single parent" from
a "deprived area/socio-economic background" you are guaranteed a job
just to make up the numbers/tick the boxes in some organisation.

While waiting to board my flight at the Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, an
itty-bitty TSA agentette tapped me on the shoulder and asked: "Excuse me
sir, but could I get you to do me a favor?"

I looked down at her, slowly shook my head, and said: "I'm sorry, I can't.
I'm married."

TSA does NOT have a sense of humor.

Anyway, speaking of "ticking off the boxes," TSA selected four passengers
for "additional random screening."

The picked me, a senior white male, a senior black male, an young Oriental
woman, and a young Hispanic male with a goatee.

Boxes ticked.

Continuing with the story, we four stood against the wall while a different
agentette prowled through the Hispanic guy's computer (looking for bomb
making recipes?). I said to him, soto voice, "You know, you look more like a
terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay on any funny business!"

The computer-prowling agentette looked and admonished me by saying: "There's
no such thing as what a terrorist looks like!" To which I responded, "There
damn sure is; they're Middle Eastern males with names like Achmed
al-BoomBoom. Didn't you get the memo?"

That earned me another talking-to.

Oh well. Screw 'em.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'm having a hard time remember, but a public official (Marion Barry, from
Wash Dc?) said that the crime rate had dropped, if you disregard the
murders.

I think it's manipulated numbers, when you don't count the people who want
work, but have run out of benefits.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

The official "unemployment rate" is defined as those who are looking for
work compared to the size of the labor force. This rate has been computed
exactly the same way since 1940. Consider the basic definitions:
1. People with jobs are EMPLOYED
2. People who are jobless, looking for a job, and available for work are
UNEMPLOYED
3. Everybody else doesn't count (not looking for a job, not available for
work).

The "labor force" is defined as #1 plus #2 above.

Back when the definition was decided, the number of people in category #3
above was minuscule. Since then, category #3 has grown to be significant. It
is so significant today, that it masks the unemployment rate. That is, when
folks not looking for work are included as "unemployed", the unemployment
rate skyrockets this past year from 11% to 19%.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Virus Alert !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you receive an e-mail with a subject of Badtimes, delete it immediately
WITHOUT READING IT. This is the most DANGEROUS e-mail virus ever.

It will rewrite your hard drive and scramble any disks that are even close
to your computer. It will recalibrate your freezer's coolness setting so all
your ice cream melts. It will demagnetize the strips on all your credit
cards, screw up the tracking on your VCR, and use subspace field harmonics
to render any CDs you try to play unreadable.

It will give your ex-boy/girlfriend/ex-husband/wife your new phone number.
It will mix antifreeze into your fishtank. It will drink all your beer and
leave its socks out on the coffee table when company comes over. It will put
a kitten in the back pocket of your good suit and hide your car keys when
you are late for work.

Badtimes will make you fall in love with a penguin. It will give you
nightmares about circus midgets. It will pour sugar in your gas tank and
shave off both your eyebrows while dating your current boy/girlfriend behind
your back and billing the dinner and hotel room to your Visa card.

It moves your car randomly around parking lots so you can't find it. It will
tease your dog. It will leave strange messages on your boss's voicemail in
your voice. It is insidious and subtle. It is dangerous and terrifying to
behold. It is also a rather interesting shade of mauve.

Badtimes will give you Dutch Elm disease. It will leave the toilet seat up.
It will make a batch of methamphetamine in your bathtub and leave bacon
cooking on the stove while it goes out to chase high school kids with your
snowblower.

These are just a few of the signs. Be very, very afraid!

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Jack Hammer" wrote in message

Kelly Sedey had one wish, to get a new job.
Then one day while on an interview she got her dream job offer!
She accepted.
When she got home, she noticed on her computer she had e-mail.
She checked it, the usual stuff from her friends, but then she saw one
that she had never gotten before.
It was this chain letter. She deleted it without even reading it all.
BIG MISTAKE!
Her luck would change for the worse.
Later that evening, she received a phone call from her new employer!
She was fired. When she hung up the phone, her dog died.

Posted to alt.home.repair

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD

You mean the "good ol white boys club" is losing it's power?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/7/2012 4:01 AM, harry wrote:

"The Daring wrote in message
[...]

I've read about some of it and been appalled. When rampant Socialism
tries to make everything fair, someone always gets cheated and the
wrong, usually most inappropriate people are put into important
positions where they can do the most damage to a society. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/7/2012 7:21 AM, HeyBub wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

OH GOVERNMENT! SAVE US! PROTECT US FROM THE MEAN OLD BAD TERRORIST
PEOPLE! Government response: OK.......

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/7/2012 5:35 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In ,
The Daring wrote:
Theer w
Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD

There was a white firefighter in New England (some reason I think
Boston, but don't hold me to it) that sued the Department. He was
Hispanic (he could trace his family back to Spain) but he did not get
his Captaincy (despite scoring higher on the exams) because of the extra
points that were awarded. He sued, demanded the "hispanic" points, and
got them as well as his Captains bars.
Illustrative of the fact that AA does occur and that government can
write really poor regs.

Oh when I lived in Mexico for a short time I met some of the wonderful
people who call it home and learned that there is actually a form of
racism and casteism that is beyond the comprehension of most Americans
because it doesn't exist here in the same form. Never call someone of
pure Spanish decent "a Mexican". Them's fightin words. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD

You mean the "good ol white boys club" is losing it's power?

"The good old White boys club" hasn't been around for a while and wasn't
quite as bad as what has replaced it. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 6, 4:32*pm, "Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message

m...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

Fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

*In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

I think the problem is that the above was just
the beginning, not where we are today. In the
beginning the goal was to eliminate discrimnation
against minorities in employment. A goal
which conservatives support. What it has
turned into 45 years later, through more
legislation and insane court decisions, is
reverse discrimination.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in
message ...

"The good old White boys club" hasn't been around for a
while and wasn't quite as bad as what has replaced it. ^_^

TDD

It's a great club...as long as you're white.

Posted to alt.home.repair

*wrote in message
news:hv2dnUUFl67Nq5rSnZ2dnUVZ_tednZ2d@supernews. com...

[...]

You mean the "good ol white boys club" is losing it's power?- Hide quoted text -

Is that the same thing as the KKK?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 7, 2:05*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 5:35 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In ,
* The Daring *wrote:
Theer w
[...]

Peninsulares is the word you are seeking Duf...........
Nearest equivalents tobankers in SA.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Existential Angst" wrote:
[...]

The college debt is also increasing like mad. There is a video about " the
conspiracy" I don't think colleges are doing anything to reduce costs. They
let the govt help build more buildings, and can't pay for upkeep.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Jan 5, 10:20 am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.

There will always be people that do well in a down economy, and people
that struggle in a good economy. It's the overall picture that counts,
not just that of one person.

I see too many people struggling.

Greg
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv wrote in
eb.com:

"willshak" wrote in message
m...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

Yes.
since certain groups are granted preferences in employment,there is no
longer any "equality" in the process.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

"progressives" have skewed that to be "WITH regard",meaning certain
minority groups get DO preference. Just look at government hiring.
It's all part of their Newspeak.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Posted to alt.home.repair

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

that hiring preferences also extends to other groups.
IF you open your eyes and look around.Go in any FEDGOV office.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 12:00:19 -0600, Jim Yanik
wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I received 5 "preference points" as a Veteran.

that hiring preferences also extends to other groups.
IF you open your eyes and look around.Go in any FEDGOV office.

They would not qualify me as bi-lingual. English, Redneck, and
Profanity are not qualifiers.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2012 1:00 PM, Jim Yanik wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I would sure hope veterans get preferential treatment.

People who have served our country deserve a break, don't you think?

Besides, with the exception of a disability or a candy ass, there is
nothing stopping someone from serving.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 1/7/2012 10:51 AM, harry wrote:
On Jan 7, 2:05 pm, The Daring
wrote:
On 1/7/2012 5:35 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:

In ,
The Daring wrote:
Theer w
[...]

I believe it's actually "Criollo" but those I talked to who fit the
description said they were Spanish. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/7/2012 9:09 AM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:
"The Daring wrote in
message ...

"The good old White boys club" hasn't been around for a
while and wasn't quite as bad as what has replaced it. ^_^

TDD

It's a great club...as long as you're white.

That's very inciteful[sic] Mr. Grumpypants. Do you have any more words
of wisdom from the P.L.L.C.F. Holy Scripture? ^_^

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
[...]

The KKK was started and composed of Democrats. Something those of their
ilk refuse to admit. It's quite possible the "Good old White boys club"
is/was a Democrat sponsored organization. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

"progressives" have skewed that to be "WITH regard",meaning certain
minority groups get DO preference. Just look at government hiring.
It's all part of their Newspeak.

The Postal Service is the best/worst example of Affirmative Action
and Quota hiring as best illustrated by their poor performance and
hemorrhaging of Red Ink. o_O

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

FYI,FEDGOV gives hiring preference to veterans.
that alone destroys your claim of "equality" in hiring.

I received 5 "preference points" as a Veteran.

that hiring preferences also extends to other groups.
IF you open your eyes and look around.Go in any FEDGOV office.

They would not qualify me as bi-lingual. English, Redneck, and
Profanity are not qualifiers.

Math challenged too, it's tri-lingual. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 01/07/12 04:51 pm, The Daring Dufas wrote:

The Postal Service is the best/worst example of Affirmative Action
and Quota hiring as best illustrated by their poor performance and
hemorrhaging of Red Ink. o_O

Our USPS Regional Manager had a piece in the paper a few days ago saying
that they know exactly how to make the USPS more efficient but Congress
won't let them do it.

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I talked to an appliance repair lady who thinks the economy
is picking up.

I think she said that when it's really dead, people do wtihout.
If the laundry is broken, they take wet clothes to the laundro-
mat to dry, or wash them and take em home wet.

Moderate economy, people repair stuff. (home repair).

Good economy, people buy new.

I'm not sure where we are, now, but I'm really struggling.
Me, I think the economy is still bad. Not many people
repairing. I talked to a contractor (retired), yesterday.
He says the economy is so bad, that builders have gone
into remodelling, to keep the cash flow.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

I don't think the economy can be repaired.
We need to replace it.