Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On Jan 6, 4:32*pm, "Mr. Grumpypants" grumpypants@webtv wrote:
"willshak" wrote in message

m...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

Fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

*In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

I think the problem is that the above was just
the beginning, not where we are today. In the
beginning the goal was to eliminate discrimnation
against minorities in employment. A goal
which conservatives support. What it has
turned into 45 years later, through more
legislation and insane court decisions, is
reverse discrimination.