Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

harry wrote:

The situation is over here is so bad that when you see a minority
worker, you suspect that he/she/it only got the job because of their
minority status and are therfore suspect (competencewise).
So if you are a black, one legged, lesbian with a "single parent" from
a "deprived area/socio-economic background" you are guaranteed a job
just to make up the numbers/tick the boxes in some organisation.

While waiting to board my flight at the Sky Harbor airport in Phoenix, an
itty-bitty TSA agentette tapped me on the shoulder and asked: "Excuse me
sir, but could I get you to do me a favor?"

I looked down at her, slowly shook my head, and said: "I'm sorry, I can't.
I'm married."

TSA does NOT have a sense of humor.

Anyway, speaking of "ticking off the boxes," TSA selected four passengers
for "additional random screening."

The picked me, a senior white male, a senior black male, an young Oriental
woman, and a young Hispanic male with a goatee.

Boxes ticked.

Continuing with the story, we four stood against the wall while a different
agentette prowled through the Hispanic guy's computer (looking for bomb
making recipes?). I said to him, soto voice, "You know, you look more like a
terrorist than the rest of us, so ix-nay on any funny business!"

The computer-prowling agentette looked and admonished me by saying: "There's
no such thing as what a terrorist looks like!" To which I responded, "There
damn sure is; they're Middle Eastern males with names like Achmed
al-BoomBoom. Didn't you get the memo?"

That earned me another talking-to.

Oh well. Screw 'em.