Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking
harry harry is offline

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

On Jan 6, 10:11*pm, The Daring Dufas
wrote:
On 1/6/2012 3:32 PM, Mr. Grumpypants wrote:

*wrote in message
om...

Speaking of affirmative action.
I haven't eaten in at MacDonalds in the last couple of
decades, but I remember they used to have written on their
paper place mats,
"We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity
employer".
Isn't that a dichotomy?

--
Bill

No.

*Fromhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affirmative_Action

* In 1965, President Lyndon B. Johnson issued Executive Order
11246 which required federal contractors to take
"affirmative action" to hire without regard to race,
religion and national origin.

Then explain why "Minorities" are being accepted into schools while
Caucasians with higher test scores and qualifications are being passed
over? Is that Equal Opportunity, nondiscriminatory? The same thing has
been happening in the work force for many years. o_O

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Over here, large organisations are given targets. I f they don't meet
them, they have problems.