Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default The economy -- are we replacing or repairing?

I may try that. Sounds like a grande idea.

Kreestoffer A. Chungo
Learn more about Jesus (my compadre... mows me lawno)
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

A friend years ago when the Seagrams Distillery in Waterloo closed
down, was looking for a job. He was a BIG BOY - about 310 and 6'4",
and bald as a billiard ball
On the application was the question "are you a member of a visible
minority?"
He answered yes and got an interview -
The interviewer was taken aback, and asked why he answered "yes" to
the visible minority question.
He answered that he was a hardworking, intelligent, unemployed white
male, so was in the minority, and at 6'4" and 310 , and "shiny" he was
DEFINITELY visible!!

Years ago I read of an engineer who had his name legally changed to a
Hispanic surname so he could get a job. Before that, his resumes with
his outstanding qualifications were always tossed. After his resumes
were edited by changing to the new name, he was swamped with job offers. o_O

TDD