Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mormons - should you hate them?

Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

With a web site like this, people like me roll our eyes, and
wonder how any thinking person could be so badly mistaken.
About so many things. I think it's unfortunate that anyone
puts up such a web site. It's likely to be believed by many
people. Who (those people who belive it) will be further
misguided away from the truth.

That web site is worse than a waste of time.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should
hate them or not

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 7, 5:47*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
With a web site like this, people like me roll our eyes, and
wonder how any thinking person could be so badly mistaken.
About so many things. I think it's unfortunate that anyone
puts up such a web site. It's likely to be believed by many
people. Who (those people who belive it) will be further
misguided away from the truth.

That web site is worse than a waste of time.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

i thought it was pretty accurate. What aspects of it are incorrect in
your view?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-11-07, wrote:

I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

Don't apologize. Every word of it is the gospel truth!

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 7, 10:47*am, wrote:
Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

--
Dan Espen

Wow, how inaccurate can a page be? First the article says that Smith
moved to a town outside of Cleveland and then the next header says
"What kind of prophet willingly moves to Cleveland?". But the article
says that he moved to a town outside of Cleveland not to Cleveland.
How embarrassing. That well thought out article was not so well
thought out and it's tongue in cheek rhetoric is in the wrong cheeks.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 7, 12:47*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
With a web site like this, people like me roll our eyes, and
wonder how any thinking person could be so badly mistaken.
About so many things. I think it's unfortunate that anyone
puts up such a web site. It's likely to be believed by many
people. Who (those people who belive it) will be further
misguided away from the truth.

That web site is worse than a waste of time.

Thanks for that penetrating insight!
-----

- gpsman
Posted to alt.home.repair

Country writes:

On Nov 7, 10:47Â*am, wrote:
Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

Wow, how inaccurate can a page be? First the article says that Smith
moved to a town outside of Cleveland and then the next header says
"What kind of prophet willingly moves to Cleveland?". But the article
says that he moved to a town outside of Cleveland not to Cleveland.
How embarrassing. That well thought out article was not so well
thought out and it's tongue in cheek rhetoric is in the wrong cheeks.

Well, anywhere near Cleveland is too Cleavelandy for me.

Actually my folks were from Maumee and Shilo.

If you know the history of the Mormons, you should be able to
pick out the truths and the exaggerations.

First thing to notice is in the title, notice the word "shallow".

Looks like Stormin didn't appreciate it.
Any one with a religion with an Angel Moroni should have a thicker
skin by now.

Guess Stormin didn't like the South Park episode either.

My feeling is it doesn't matter much what people believe.
What matters is, in practice, does
the religion cause harm or do good.

As much as I've tried to find reliable research on that,
all I've encountered are opinions, anecdotes and outright lies.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-11-07, HeyBub wrote:

At least one religion I know of, Judaism, has no belief test.....

That's cuz they have a different test. If you weren't born one, you can
never really be one.

nb
Posted to alt.home.repair

Having been LDS / Mormon for twenty years, I assure you that
web site was full of errors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

On 2011-11-07,
wrote:

I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

Don't apologize. Every word of it is the gospel truth!

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

So, what do you expect my reaction to be? When someone asks
me to view a web page full of lies, inaccuracies, and
slanders?

Supposing I had a "thicker skin", then what kind of reaction
would you expect?

I await your instruction.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

Looks like Stormin didn't appreciate it.
Any one with a religion with an Angel Moroni should have a
thicker
skin by now.

--
Dan Espen

Posted to alt.home.repair

Worth noting, I won't be voting for Mitt Romney. He's far
too liberal for me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Miller" wrote in
message ...

You know, I'm not a Mormon, but I think that's way out of
bounds. I
don't agree with their theology _at all_, but every Mormon I
have ever
known is a fine, decent human being whom I'd be happy to
have as a
neighbor, and proud to call a friend.

And if I decide not to vote for one, it will be because I
disagree with
his stands on issues that are important to me, not because
of what
church he attends.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

As much as I've tried to find reliable research on that,
all I've encountered are opinions, anecdotes and outright lies.

--
Dan Espen

www.whatismormonism.com is a nice read

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" writes:
So, what do you expect my reaction to be? When someone asks
me to view a web page full of lies, inaccuracies, and
slanders?

Supposing I had a "thicker skin", then what kind of reaction
would you expect?

I await your instruction.

Well, as I said, I didn't mean to insult and I wasn't aware
that the pages I pointed to were full of lies.

If it wouldn't **** you off, you could enumerate the lies,
otherwise, when I hear that the Mormons:

.. Wear short sleeved dress shirts

.. Don't drink

.. Don't worship Satan

.. Believe in Jesus

.. Have an angel named Moroni

.. Were involved in a bank failure

.. Have a 10% tithe

.. Were attacked by Christians

.. Have magic underwear

I'll just have to dig deeper and consult the knower of all
things, Google.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Steve B" writes:

wrote

As much as I've tried to find reliable research on that,
all I've encountered are opinions, anecdotes and outright lies.

www.whatismormonism.com is a nice read

That site isn't fair, it's using logic and facts.
Since it's supporting one view, some of the facts may be wrong too.

What's more important is does the religion create more
good or evil?

Like I said, I don't think anyone knows.

Just looking up the Magic Underwear.
Looks to me like it's more correctly called
symbolic underwear. Some people think it provides
protection, but I don't know if that's Mormon doctrine.
Mormons typically say it's to "remind" them.
It can be correctly called "secret underwear".
It's not supposed to be discussed.

Even if Stormin doesn't vote for Romney, looks to me like
he'll be the candidate.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

Well, it's nice if you're apostate, and don't care about
truth.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

wrote

As much as I've tried to find reliable research on that,
all I've encountered are opinions, anecdotes and outright
lies.

--
Dan Espen

www.whatismormonism.com is a nice read

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's called "garments of the Holy Priesthood". They are
sacred, not secret.

Me, well, I'd like Herman Cain for the nominee. The fellow
seems to have common sense. I guess he didn't have a bimbo
eruption department, so maybe he's not that bright after
all?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message
"Steve B" writes:

wrote

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-11-07, HeyBub wrote:

At least one religion I know of, Judaism, has no belief test.....

That's cuz they have a different test. If you weren't born one, you
can never really be one.

Not so. Ruth (of "For wherever you go, I will go;... Your people shall be my
people, and your God, my God." was not only a convert, but the
great-grandmother of Jesus).

More recent examples include Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis, Jr., Tom Allen,
Polly Bergen, Connie Chung, and Elizabeth Taylor.

Jewish law, moreover, prohibits even ASKING if someone is a convert!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-11-08, HeyBub wrote:

More recent examples include Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis, Jr., Tom Allen,
Polly Bergen, Connie Chung, and Elizabeth Taylor.

Yehbut.... really.

Jewish law, moreover, prohibits even ASKING if someone is a convert!

Of course. How many born Jewish ppl have you met that didn't somehow
make you aware they were Jewish within the first half hour after
meeting them? C'mon, be honest.

nb

--
vi ....the heart of evil!
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't hate the Mormons but I do wish they'd stop stuffing their Watchtower pamphlet in my front door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2011 10:05 PM, Mo Gasser wrote:

I don't hate the Mormons but I do wish they'd stop stuffing their Watchtower pamphlet in my front door.

That would be the Jehovah's Witnesses, not the Mormons.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-11-08, Mo Gasser wrote:

I don't hate the Mormons but I do wish they'd stop stuffing their
Watchtower pamphlet in my front door.

Wrong whackos. Watchtower is Jehovah's Witnesses, another equally
srcewy group.

nb

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Stormin Mormon" writes:

Me, well, I'd like Herman Cain for the nominee. The fellow
seems to have common sense. I guess he didn't have a bimbo
eruption department, so maybe he's not that bright after
all?

He's a talented self promoter, good at getting people to like
him. He got his 999 plan from SimCity, and quoted some lines
from a great poet that turned out to be from a Pokemon movie
theme song.

If this is how we chose presidents, the country will get what
it deserves.

If this latest lady to describe his unwanted sexual advances
turns out not to have any skeletons in her closet he's done.

She claims Cain wanted a BJ in trade for help getting a job.
As crazy as politics is lately, I think he could still be
nominated, but win? No way. Half the voters are women,
and there are still some people around with some semblance of
morals. I hope.

--
Dan Espen
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 7, 7:42 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
wrote

As much as I've tried to find reliable research on that,
all I've encountered are opinions, anecdotes and outright
lies.

www.whatismormonism.com is a nice read

Well, it's nice if you're apostate, and don't care about
truth.

Apostate? Not sure if that's the word you really wanted to use, but
whatever.

How is questioning a historical justification for a religion - any
religion - not pertinent or somehow viewed as someone not being
interested in the truth? If anything questioning historical mythology
in any religion is not ignoring truth, it's actively seeking it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 7, 10:47*am, wrote:
Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

--
Dan Espen

To digress a bit.....

I certainly do not hate them.

But when we spent several days in Moab last fall, during vacation, and
realized how they have the Utah liquor laws screwed up..... well, I
didn't like 'em very much.

RonB
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote

I think he could still be
nominated, but win? No way. Half the voters are women,
and there are still some people around with some semblance of
morals. I hope.

--
Dan Espen

You did not learn a thing from our last election, I see.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"RonB" wrote in message
On Nov 7, 10:47 am, wrote:
Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

--
Dan Espen

To digress a bit.....

I certainly do not hate them.

But when we spent several days in Moab last fall, during vacation, and
realized how they have the Utah liquor laws screwed up..... well, I
didn't like 'em very much.

RonB

Utah's liquor laws are screwed up, but they sure don't mind getting the
taxes from it. But wait, there's more. They are thinking of privatizing
it, or maybe even having capitalistic competition. It seems the state run
Liquor Control is losing money. That's like having a whore house and losing
money.

Latest development, one of the high officials of the LCB granted his son
$370,000 in business with NO competing bids. The investigation is ongoing.

I have a friend who owns a bar in Moab. I wanted any old liquor sign or
neon for my shop. He said they have to sign for any sign or advertisement,
be able to produce it for any investigator, and get a signed receipt when it
is returned to the distributor. They may not dispose of or give away any
liquor related advertising item.

I buy my beer in Nevada or brew it myself. It costs up to one dollar or
more an ounce here for beer that has more than 3.2% alcohol. A plain six
pack is $9. I can brew the $1 an ounce stuff for $.08 per ounce.

BTW, I thought the article was hilarious. The babushka babes remind me a
lot of the plig wives I see at the local Walmart, the closest one to
Colorado City, AZ. 5 x 5 and one eyebrow.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

You may be surprised to hear that Watchtower is published by
the Jehovas Witnesses, not the Mormons.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Mo Gasser" wrote in message

I don't hate the Mormons but I do wish they'd stop stuffing
their Watchtower pamphlet in my front door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, but we're the true whackos with authority from God.
Mormon Whackos were (are) called of God, and authorized by
God to teach the gospel.

The JW's are just a Bible reading church. A rather
missionary minded, but just a church.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 07 Nov 2011 11:47:31 -0500, wrote:

Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

It's about time the REAL truth is revealed about this Mormon cult!

Thanks for sharing, excellent article, long overdue to expose these
creeps. Remember, Mormon is just one "M" from MORON....

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message ...

Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

--
Dan Espen

That is a great piece. Full of tongue in cheek humor.
Bob-tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 2011-11-08, HeyBub wrote:

More recent examples include Marilyn Monroe, Sammy Davis, Jr., Tom
Allen, Polly Bergen, Connie Chung, and Elizabeth Taylor.

Yehbut.... really.

Jewish law, moreover, prohibits even ASKING if someone is a convert!

Of course. How many born Jewish ppl have you met that didn't somehow
make you aware they were Jewish within the first half hour after
meeting them? C'mon, be honest.

Do you count answering a question by asking a question as an announcement?

While standing in a bookstore talking with the business manager (?) of a
Christian radio station, he suddenly turned to the three of us (me, a
red-head, a rabbi with a beer-belly and an armadillo belt buckle, and the
Consular General of Israel who looked like Paul Newman with a British
accent) and blurted out: "I've got to say it - you people certainly don't
LOOK Jewish!"

The consul immediately replied: "Don't forget, during nine Crusades, you
Christians left a lot of calling cards behind in the Holy Land."

Whoosh!

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mo Gasser wrote:
Oooops! My bad.

With so many religions to choose from I don't know which is God's
"official" one.

You may be confused over a false premise. What makes you think God even HAS
an official religion?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
wrote

I think he could still be
nominated, but win? No way. Half the voters are women,
and there are still some people around with some semblance of
morals. I hope.

--
Dan Espen

You did not learn a thing from our last election, I see.

Maybe not. But the rest of the country sure experienced a teaching moment.

Posted to alt.home.repair

RicodJour wrote:
On Nov 7, 7:42 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
"Steve B" wrote in message
wrote

As much as I've tried to find reliable research on that,
all I've encountered are opinions, anecdotes and outright
lies.

www.whatismormonism.com is a nice read

Well, it's nice if you're apostate, and don't care about
truth.

Apostate? Not sure if that's the word you really wanted to use, but
whatever.

How is questioning a historical justification for a religion - any
religion - not pertinent or somehow viewed as someone not being
interested in the truth? If anything questioning historical mythology
in any religion is not ignoring truth, it's actively seeking it.

There may be myths to be found in the major religions, but there is no
mythology.

Posted to alt.home.repair