Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mormons - should you hate them?

On Nov 12, 12:11*am, "Steve B" wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message

m...

harry wrote:

There is no demand that one love a perp.

Yes there is. You are supposed to *"turn the other cheek".
You don't know your bible do you?

No, that's one of the four commandments from the Sermon on the Mount. But,
like the Ten Commandments given on another mount, there's no penalty for
disobeying. They're more like "suggestions" or a thought experiment.

Turn the other cheek, and an eye for an eye. *It's as confusing as a
Democratic debate.

Steve

Eye for an eye was pre-Jesus. Nothing to do with Christianity.
Everything to do with Jews.
& BTW before you ask, Jesus was not a Jew, he was Palestinian and
spoke a precursor of Arabic. (Aramaic.)

You don't know Jesus/Jack either.
You just believe your government's propaganda.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's "American gun culture" ??

On Nov 12, 2:54*am, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
From what I remember, the founding fathers believed the
right to keep and bear arms is granted by our Creator.
Presumably to all mankind. However, on the US Constitution
recognizes this. Perhaps a few other governments, can't
remember off hand. Swiss, maybe?

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

We don't have regular massacres either.
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

No, that's one of the four commandments from the Sermon on the
Mount. But, like the Ten Commandments given on another mount,
there's no penalty for disobeying. They're more like "suggestions"
or a thought experiment.

Turn the other cheek, and an eye for an eye. It's as confusing as a
Democratic debate.

Steve

Eye for an eye was pre-Jesus. Nothing to do with Christianity.
Everything to do with Jews.
& BTW before you ask, Jesus was not a Jew, he was Palestinian and
spoke a precursor of Arabic. (Aramaic.)

You don't know Jesus/Jack either.
You just believe your government's propaganda.

Giggle. I speak (or at least read) a smidgen of Aramaic. While Aramiac was,
indeed, the vernacular during the era and location of Jesus, it bears little
resemblance to modern Arabic. Even the alphabet is different (Aramaic uses
the Hebrew alphabet both today and at the time of Jesus). The Talmud,
portions of which pre-date Jesus, is written (mostly) in Aramaic. Aramaic is
not too different from Hebrew.

Jesus most certainly was a Jew. He said He was - His mother was Jewish. You
can't get more Jewish than that. Jesus was a Palestinian, to the degree that
He lived in the Roman province of Palaestina. Being a Palestinian, or a
Canadian, has nothing to do with His Jewishness.

Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:
On Nov 11, 9:33 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

There is no demand that one love a perp.

Yes there is. You are supposed to "turn the other cheek".
You don't know your bible do you?

No, that's one of the four commandments from the Sermon on the
Mount. But, like the Ten Commandments given on another mount,
there's no penalty for disobeying. They're more like "suggestions"
or a thought experiment.

Te penalty is you goto hell. But you're going anyway as you love
greed, the worst of the seven deadly sins.

A rich man can no more go to heaven than a camel can pass through the
eye of a needle.

Also, consider the liliies of the field.

Dunno about that. The concept of hell is a Christian revelation and the
Seven Deadly Sins are a Christian/Catholic invention that have undergone
several revisions. As to the camel and needle business, modern scholarship
suggests the passage should more properly be ROPE and needle.

It is, admittedly, hard to be sure inasmuch on the latter as there are no
(well, one) surviving New Testament texts prior to the 4th Century.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I heard in church, years ago. The "eye of the needle" is a
low ceiling opening in the wall of a city. To get a camel
into the city, one has to go through the eye of the needle.
Have to unload all the cargo off the camel, which camel then
has to crawl on its knees through the low opening. Cuts down
on armed invaders, or slows em down a bit.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

Dunno about that. The concept of hell is a Christian
revelation and the
Seven Deadly Sins are a Christian/Catholic invention that
have undergone
several revisions. As to the camel and needle business,
modern scholarship
suggests the passage should more properly be ROPE and
needle.

It is, admittedly, hard to be sure inasmuch on the latter as
there are no
(well, one) surviving New Testament texts prior to the 4th
Century.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/7/2011 12:14 PM, harry wrote:
On Nov 7, 5:47 pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
With a web site like this, people like me roll our eyes, and
wonder how any thinking person could be so badly mistaken.
About so many things. I think it's unfortunate that anyone
puts up such a web site. It's likely to be believed by many
people. Who (those people who belive it) will be further
misguided away from the truth.

That web site is worse than a waste of time.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote in message

i thought it was pretty accurate. What aspects of it are incorrect
your view?

He probably knows as much about being a Mormon as he does about home repair.

BTW: Back from London. Had a great time and the food was much better
than I expected. Got stuck in the "Port of Entry" scandal. I, for one,
was thankful they were ushering us through quickly.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/blog/20...?newsfeed=true
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 12, 11:26*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

Canadian, has nothing to do with His Jewishness.- Hide quoted text -

Er we're talking 2000 years ago. Anglo saxon was the precursor of
English so it's hardly surprising.

If he lived in Palestine and spoke Aramaic (precursor of Arabic) then
he was a Palestinian and his indirect descendants were Arabs.

So everytime you Yanks murder an Arab, that Arab may be related to
Jesus.
I should think you would definitely go to hell for that.

Look some of them here. Heh Heh.
http://www.thetruejesus.org/
Or are they some kinda Mormon?
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 23:33:20 -0600, "
wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 17:41:22 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 18:00:25 -0600, "
wrote:

Going to be a lot of killing in the US soon.

Let us know when.

Let us know when harry is coming over.

Screw you. It's your time to watch him.

Front sight!

Light 'Em If You Got 'Em!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 23:05:10 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

We don't have regular massacres either.

Because you can't have sharp sticks that poke your eye out?
Posted to alt.home.repair

We don't have regular massacres either.

I would lay that directly at the feet of community organizers. People who
have failed in doing their jobs by organizing just such community
activities. Of course, lots of those now are busy with much more important
(and exponentially better paying) jobs. "Where have all the community
organizers gone?" ......... lilting along to the ethereal voice of Mary
Travers ........... "Long time passing ................."

But hey, where the hell is a good community organizer when you need them?
I'd go . I'd gladly go. I'll provide a list. I'll bring my own MagLite.

They must provide the ammo, though, and if there are any AR 15's laying
around from the Fast and Furious thing, I'd take one of them, too.
Stainless, synthetic, if you please. And a sling and a HARD gun case would
be in line with my job description. I've been paying taxes for a long time,
and I'm entitled to ONLY the best.

But I am a little confused. Is a massacre when you kill people
indiscriminately, or can we have organized massacres where we go after the
people who put us all in this mess? Or would a massacre just be when you
catch a bunch of them together, as in a fund raiser for the poor, or gourmet
lunch for better diets? Plastic surgeon faced pussies? Lisping lobbyists
who run male escort services in their spare time? You know the kind.

It would seem a little unfair and unbalanced to just kill everyone who shows
up. I'd rather just kill the ones who need killing. Not the homeless who
were invited at the last moment, nor the clueless who are voting poll
workers in training for community organizers, SEIU entry level probationary
status pending.

Let me know. My schedule is pretty loose. Any day with a "y" in it will
work for me.

Do we get to travel on AF transportation? Will there be sex and booze?

We don't have to eat those Gawd Awful MRE's do we? We should at least get
as good a grub as Thunder Thighs and her crew get. It takes a lot of
calories to conduct massacres. Fried chicken, anchovies and caviar stuffed
mushrooms, fat cuts of prime rib. LOTS and LOTS of corndogs, and French
fries fried in coconut oil. The stuff Thunder Thighs already eats.

Looks like it's working pretty good for her.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:26:00 -0800, "Steve B"
wrote:

I've been paying taxes for a long time,
and I'm entitled to ONLY the best.

Meet the Horse Soldiers...

"In the days after 9/11, the American people demanded action against
the terrorists who slaughtered almost 3,000 people and the regime that
sponsored them. Most of us know very little about the first to answer
that call, but Alex Quade and the Daily Caller tell their story in
“The Horse Soldiers of 9/11,” a tribute to the special forces that
went into Afghanistan to rally the rebelling tribes against the
Taliban. The American horse cavalry has a long tradition, but hasn’t
had a new chapter in over a century:"

Video:

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/10/15/video-the-horse-soldiers-of-911/
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

[...]

Arrant nonsense.

1. Arabs pre-date Palestinians, but the origins of both are lost in
pre-history.
2. According to the Church, Jesus had no descendants.
3. Palestine is a "place," "Arab" is an ethnicity. They cannot be compared.
If you insist on "place," note that Palestine is distinctly different from
Arabia. A Palestinian cannot be an Arab and vice-versa. If you insist on
ethnicity, note that the Palestinians are universally despised by other
Muslims. No, the two adjectives are completely different.

So everytime you Yanks murder an Arab, that Arab may be related to
Jesus.
I should think you would definitely go to hell for that.

I suppose it's possible. The Church admits that Jesus had brothers, so, with
inter-marriage and what-not, some individual Arab could be an Nth degree
cousin of Jesus. But look at it like this: Arabs kill Arabs with more
regularity than Yanks, Christians, of Jews kill Arabs. If it's okay with
them, well...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I heard in church, years ago. The "eye of the needle" is a
low ceiling opening in the wall of a city. To get a camel
into the city, one has to go through the eye of the needle.
Have to unload all the cargo off the camel, which camel then
has to crawl on its knees through the low opening. Cuts down
on armed invaders, or slows em down a bit.

Yep. That idea has some merit.

For example, at the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, a 12-foot tall main
entrance was, in antiquity, mostly blocked off so that only people afoot
could enter. This was done, according to a guide, because marauders once
rode their horses into the Church.

But the camel business is a rationalization for something otherwise foolish.
The "rope" idea makes more sense.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Steve B wrote:
We don't have regular massacres either.

I would lay that directly at the feet of community organizers. People who
have failed in doing their jobs by organizing just such
community activities. Of course, lots of those now are busy with
much more important (and exponentially better paying) jobs. "Where
have all the community organizers gone?" ......... lilting along to
the ethereal voice of Mary Travers ........... "Long time passing
................."
[...]

I take strong exception to what you say.

MREs are pretty good. Maybe not as good as corndogs and mustard, but, then,
you never ate my ex-wife's cooking. She thought, for example, that Crisco
was the same thing as butter and would slather a sandwich with it.

If you've never seen a sandwich lubricate a plate, you haven't experienced
all that life has to offer.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 1:42*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
harry wrote:

[...]

them, well...- Hide quoted text -

If Jesus had brothers, he had nephews and indirect descendants.
They are Arabic speaking and live in Palestine.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 1:52*am, "HeyBub" wrote:
Steve B wrote:
[...]

all that life has to offer.- Hide quoted text -

EX wife?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh that's a pleasant view you have there. Basically you are saying that
an unarmed population is doomed to genocide?

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/9/2011 4:29 PM, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 15:57:42 -0800, "Steve wrote:

wrote in message
On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:07:33 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

And about two centuries later, they were persecuting Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Who are "they"?

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Got a problem with that?

Oh, my. I'm glad I wasn't drinking any coffee when I read that.

Steve

I'm glad you're glad.

Chris pulled the 'Baptists card". Which Baptists were these?

1) Front row Baptist

2) Back row Baptist

3) Peanut farmers

I'm not talking about the snake handler Baptist.

Hell, half my relatives are Southern Baptist so I have every right to
pick on them and criticize them because they're "family". ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/8/2011 4:50 PM, Bill wrote:
There are three truths in life:

Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader
of the Christian faith.

Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Southern Baptists don't recognize each other in the gentleman's
club full of naked dancing girls. ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

harry wrote:

If Jesus had brothers, he had nephews and indirect descendants.
They are Arabic speaking and live in Palestine.

You're as confused on genealogy as you are on most things. "Nephews" are not
descendants, indirect or otherwise. You probably meant "relatives," but
there is no evidence that the brothers of Jesus had any offspring either.

Posted to alt.home.repair

G. Morgan wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh that's a pleasant view you have there. Basically you are saying
that an unarmed population is doomed to genocide?

No, he's saying an unarmed populace is necessary for genocide, but not
sufficient in itself.

It's like saying to get her naked you have to remove her skirt. But removing
the skirt by itself does not make her naked. As an example:

"Ripping the third bodice from Belinda's hot, palpitating body, Lord
Trewithit realized that he had also removed four camisoles, six petticoats,
two corsets, and five pairs of pantaloons so far while there still seemed a
lot of linen ahead, and with a cry of passion, he demanded, "Good God,
woman, are you nothing but skivvies?"

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:

G. Morgan wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh that's a pleasant view you have there. Basically you are saying
that an unarmed population is doomed to genocide?

No, he's saying an unarmed populace is necessary for genocide, but not
sufficient in itself.

It's like saying to get her naked you have to remove her skirt. But removing
the skirt by itself does not make her naked. As an example:

"Ripping the third bodice from Belinda's hot, palpitating body, Lord
Trewithit realized that he had also removed four camisoles, six petticoats,
two corsets, and five pairs of pantaloons so far while there still seemed a
lot of linen ahead, and with a cry of passion, he demanded, "Good God,
woman, are you nothing but skivvies?"

Lol... Thanks for the translation. ;-)

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,
We're going to kill you first, period."

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
G. Morgan wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh that's a pleasant view you have there. Basically you are saying that
an unarmed population is doomed to genocide?

Does it make it substantially easier. I would say it might even be a
prerequisite. However, that is long way from saying an unarmed
populatoin is doomed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

In the early days of automobiles, many people drove vehicles
without seat belts, or airbags. They were "at risk of" fatal
crash, not doomed to.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh that's a pleasant view you have there. Basically you are
saying that
an unarmed population is doomed to genocide?

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on
nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill
us,
We're going to kill you first, period."

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Now, that's the naked truth of the matter. Most of the great
genocides of the world happened a decade or so after the
population was disarmed by government decree.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Great writing, but I suspect he ripped it off of someone.

Really laid the subject bare, you think?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
news HeyBub wrote:

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

They did it to UK citizens, no signs of genocide yet. whew!

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill us,
We're going to kill you first, period."

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 09:35:46 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Great writing, but I suspect he ripped it off of someone.

Really laid the subject bare, you think?

^^^^
The expressed frustration suggests otherwise.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 12:41*pm, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
*G. Morgan wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh that's a pleasant view you have there. Basically you are saying that
an unarmed population is doomed to genocide?

Does it make it substantially easier. I would say it might even be a
prerequisite. *However, that is long way from saying an unarmed
populatoin is doomed.

I would say that several guns in every house and a cold and starving
minority makes genocide/shootouts more likely.
Depending on how you define genocide.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 3:17*pm, G. Morgan wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

They did it to UK citizens, no signs of genocide yet. whew!

There's time yet. We need to get rid of a few muslims.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh, my. JUST when I think you can't best yourself in the "Stupidest Thing I
Have Ever Said" category ...............

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

They did it to UK citizens, no signs of genocide yet. whew!

Well, what can you say about a country that can't pronounce the word
"aluminum", and drive on the wrong side of the road. And eat animal
entrails and like them?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

The "eye of the needle"

I read it was a narrow space in a wall with several posts in the middle
configured so that only people on foot could enter. No wagons, and camels
could not sashay around them. A defensive point. I would be interested in
seeing an actual archaeological remnant of one to understand it better. I
had heard the low entry wall, as well as a knee knocker thing. (Navy term
for shin buster on the door you had to step over.)

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 13, 12:26*pm, "Steve B" wrote:

*The "eye of the needle"

I read it was a narrow space in a wall with several posts in the middle
configured so that only people on foot could enter. *No wagons, and camels
could not sashay around them. *A defensive point. *I would be interested in
seeing an actual archaeological remnant of one to understand it better. *I
had heard the low entry wall, as well as a knee knocker thing. *(Navy term
for shin buster on the door you had to step over.)

That's a silly legend and patently false. Rich people don't carry
everything they own with them all of the time. A pocket full of
diamonds - eh?

http://www.debunker.com/texts/needleye.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's on the Queen's agenda for 2012? Anyone in the UK able
to check on that? Coronation, royal ball, genocide, queen's
procession. Got to be here some where. Now, where did I
leave that genocide? Oh, yah, the gardner has it in the shed
next to insecticide and spectracide. Sill me. Now, go run
along and kill a few million more people.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

They did it to UK citizens, no signs of genocide yet.
whew!

--

"I don't like to discriminate against terrorists based on
nationality.
If you declare war on the United States and you want to kill
us,
We're going to kill you first, period."

October 19, 2011 - Ali Soufan (Colbert Report)

Posted to alt.home.repair

The lint in my navel smells bad.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:

One of the reasons other countries have genocide, the
populations aren't armed.

Oh, my. JUST when I think you can't best yourself in the
"Stupidest Thing I
Have Ever Said" category ...............

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

A nation that considers tea essential to life. Havn't they
heard of the word of wisdom? shudders

Next thing you know, they will be smoking and drinking
alcohol.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message
news
"G. Morgan" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:

I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

They did it to UK citizens, no signs of genocide yet.
whew!

Well, what can you say about a country that can't pronounce
the word
"aluminum", and drive on the wrong side of the road. And
eat animal
entrails and like them?

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2011 10:20 AM, harry wrote:
On Nov 13, 3:17 pm, G. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd say "at risk of" genocide, not doomed to.

They did it to UK citizens, no signs of genocide yet.whew!

There's time yet. We need to get rid of a few muslims.

I would expect that most problems are caused by outsiders who refuse to
adopt the existing culture of a country. The refusal to assimilate into
and contribute their own lifestyle into a culture without clashing with
it can lead to a lot of strife. I do believe the Muslims want to usurp
the culture of your country and replace it with their own. The want to
impose their own religion and laws on you. How on earth could any of
that be tolerated by your government. It seems to me that once they make
their intentions clear, your government would invite them to leave.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 11/13/2011 4:07 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
A nation that considers tea essential to life. Havn't they
heard of the word of wisdom?shudders

Next thing you know, they will be smoking and drinking
alcohol.

How do you smoke alcohol? ^_^

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:18:51 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Next thing you know, they will be smoking and drinking
alcohol.

How do you smoke alcohol? ^_^

TDD

He may be confused with alcohol tampons.

Male and female applications.

http://leladavidson.hubpages.com/hub/Parents-Beware-of-Vodka-Soaked-Tampons