Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Are mormons a cult? continued.

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Square Peg wrote:

I think it's more interesting that some people are so consumed with
the notion that they comment on it or call attention to it.

It actually beats me why anyone would care.

Well, that's another way of checking out. Sure, these stories are
disturbing and, for the most part, there ain't a lot we can do. But we
should do what we can. 900 people died in Jonestown. 6 million died in
Nazi Germany. Both were caused in part by people who should have known
better checking out and doing nothing. We live in a village. If we,
the village, don't police the predators and mentally unbalanced among
us, we get what we deserve.

We have laws against the sorts of actions you worry about.

Thankfully, we don't have are laws that criminalize what one THINKS. Yet.

We have laws against thinking things in the UK.

As for the "mentally unbalanced," my wife works as an intake clinician at
a psychiatric - oops, "mental health" - hospital. In the main, we've
turned the mentally unbalanced out.

There's cuckoos in the pig-pen,
There's cuckoos in the corn,
There's cuckoos in the hay loft,
There's cuckoos in the barn,
There's cuckoos drivin' Cadillacs to Washington, D.C.,
When we set our cuckoos free!

A lot of people were chucked out of mental instititutions when the lithium
based treatments were discovered.
The nutters are OK until they stop self medicating. Or use canabis instead.