Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mormons - should you hate them?

And about two centuries later, they were persecuting Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Oren" wrote in message

1710 Georgia was full of Baptist. They landed in the colony
seeking
refuge from religious persecution. That ******* King in
England.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Why havn't you answered his question?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

m...
On 2011-11-08, HeyBub wrote:

Do you count answering a question by asking a question as
an
announcement?

Ya' got me. Is that a Jewish thing, too?

Why do you ask?

Posted to alt.home.repair

I guess there's enough religious persecution to go around? I
guess the churches of the world are doing a good job of
slamming each other.

Sorry to hear the liquor or beer prices are too high. I live
in NYS, so don't blame me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RonB" wrote in message

Ease up a little! I'm Catholic. I know how to take
religious-based
crap!

But I still object to paying six pack price for a single
bottle of
Beer in a "State Liquor Store". Apparently anything that
comes in a
bottle is premium.

Take a deeeeeeep breath )

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:07:33 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

And about two centuries later, they were persecuting Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Who are "they"?

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Got a problem with that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

1) Baptists who fled for liberty.
2) Yes.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

wrote:

And about two centuries later, they were persecuting
Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Who are "they"?

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Got a problem with that?

Posted to alt.home.repair

There are three truths in life:

Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader
of the Christian faith.

Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

That's pretty old, but it continues to be true.

Why don't baptists have sex, standing up? They might be
accused of dancing.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bill" [email protected] wrote in message
There are three truths in life:

Jewish people do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.

Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader
of the Christian faith.

Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 3:07*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
And about two centuries later, they were persecuting Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org

People fled the old world to escape religious persecution and wound up
persecuting others themselves. It's all foolishness as far as I can
tell.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 3:05*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
That's a terrifying thought. God wants abortions, people on
welfare, fatherless families, case workers, lies, deception,
high taxes, and grand parents eating dog food?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Ask any TV preacher. God wants your money. All of it. They think he/it
is a one percent-er.

I dreamed that I had died and went to meet God. Upon meeting God, he
sneezed. I didn't know what to say. (George Burns)

-C-

"Bob F" wrote in message

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I was aparently outprayed?

Or, God is a liberal.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 1:42*pm, Oren wrote:
On Tue, 08 Nov 2011 11:12:33 -0600, "

wrote:
Either Romney, or an Obama second term, would be acceptable. Both are
moderates. Both will have to raise taxes and cut spending.

You're fookin' nutz!

Somebody get the butterfly nets.

While you're at it... get a straight jacket.

Sorry, we are all out of straight jackets. All we have left are the
Gay ones.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 4:40*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
I guess there's enough religious persecution to go around? I
guess the churches of the world are doing a good job of
slamming each other.

Sorry to hear the liquor or beer prices are too high. I live
in NYS, so don't blame me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org

I could care less about the prices of alcohol, and I do drink some.
But the prices for prepping supplies in the LDS stores where you can
your own is awesome even after the recent price hike. Even having to
drive two hours each way to get to an LDS cannery, it's still worth
it.

-C-

"RonB" wrote in message

Ease up a little! *I'm Catholic. I know how to take
religious-based
crap!

But I still object to paying six pack price for a single
bottle of
Beer in a "State Liquor Store". *Apparently anything that
comes in a
bottle is premium.

Take a deeeeeeep breath *)

Posted to alt.home.repair

Are you saying there is no God?

On 11/8/2011 9:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What makes you think that religion has a God?

Posted to alt.home.repair

There's a difference between asking a question and making a
statement. What makes you think I'm making a statement?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Bill" [email protected] wrote in message
Are you saying there is no God?

On 11/8/2011 9:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What makes you think that religion has a God?

Posted to alt.home.repair

They do use a lot of volunteer labor. Helps keep the prices
down.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Country" wrote in message

I could care less about the prices of alcohol, and I do
drink some.
But the prices for prepping supplies in the LDS stores where
you can
your own is awesome even after the recent price hike. Even
having to
drive two hours each way to get to an LDS cannery, it's
still worth
it.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, but the fashion is so, so, so, trendy.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Country" wrote in message

Somebody get the butterfly nets.

While you're at it... get a straight jacket.

Sorry, we are all out of straight jackets. All we have left
are the
Gay ones.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

It's like the guy who moved across the country.
"I moved all this way, and here I am, same as
before."

We try, but seldom succeed, to flee ourselves.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Country" wrote in message

People fled the old world to escape religious persecution
and wound up
persecuting others themselves. It's all foolishness as far
as I can
tell.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

And about two centuries later, they were persecuting Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Who are "they"?

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Got a problem with that?

Oh, my. I'm glad I wasn't drinking any coffee when I read that.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bill" [email protected] wrote in message
Are you saying there is no God?

On 11/8/2011 9:28 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
What makes you think that religion has a God?

You must understand the basics of the Mormon faith, Bill. They teach and
believe that God was once a mere man, and that mere men can become Gods,
equal to and greater than God and Christ, by doing certain things, and
performing certain rituals. It's all in the manual.

www.whatismormonism.com

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Either Romney, or an Obama second term, would be acceptable. Both are
moderates. Both will have to raise taxes and cut spending.

You're fookin' nutz!

Somebody get the butterfly nets.

While you're at it... get a straight jacket.

Sorry, we are all out of straight jackets. All we have left are the
Gay ones.

Well, SMS put one of those on over his personal straight one!

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 8, 5:31*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
They do use a lot of volunteer labor. Helps keep the prices
down.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Yes and I make sure they know I appreciate them and I always do extra
clean up and make sure they don't have to clean up any mess I should
make.

The prepping forum I frequent has a large religious faction and when
the few that hate Mormons start mouthing off most of us let 'em know
we don't like their attitude.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for helping make my point.

Politically, I'm a conservative. I support small government,
honesty, and the freedom of mankind to make its own
decisions. Welfare should be the responsibility of families,
churches, and then (maybe) the lowest possible level of
government. The US government should not deficit spend,
possibly in times of war. The US government has no business
financing health care, or social security. This position
recognizes the goodness of people, and protects thier
liberty.

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

--
PV

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Uno Uno is offline

On 11/8/2011 11:05 PM, PV wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for helping make my point.

Politically, I'm a conservative. I support small government,
honesty, and the freedom of mankind to make its own
decisions. Welfare should be the responsibility of families,
churches, and then (maybe) the lowest possible level of
government. The US government should not deficit spend,
possibly in times of war. The US government has no business
financing health care, or social security. This position
recognizes the goodness of people, and protects thier
liberty.

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

yes it is, pv, it is the shame that they wear like the curse of cain.

what makes it such a curse for them is that they will never re-examine
the crucible in which this "doctrine" originates or thrives in, so
lacking are they in courage.
--
uno

but I write "and it came to pass" on other plates

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uno" wrote in message ...
On 11/8/2011 11:05 PM, PV wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

yes it is, pv, it is the shame that they wear like the curse of cain.

what makes it such a curse for them is that they will never re-examine
the crucible in which this "doctrine" originates or thrives in, so
lacking are they in courage.
--

Sexuality is genetic.
It is determined before birth.

Posted to alt.home.repair

I think hatred has been since the early days. It would not
surprise me to find out that Adam and Eve's son Cain was the
first member of Occupy Wall Street. Protesting religious
greed, and the unfairness of it all. Abel, his brother, the
hard worker. Came in to set up his fruit smoothie stand.
Serve the needs of the protestors, and make a few clams.
Abel gave out free smoothies the first day, he had peach,
bannana, mango, and other flavors. But, not apple. The
second day, Abel realized he'd have to start charging clams
for his fruit smoothies. Cain was enraged, he felt entitled
to free smoothies. And so Cain burned the smoothie cart with
fire from Heaven, and slew Abel by beating him over the head
with a rock.

I havn't found this information in the scripture, but it
seems possible.

Thanks for helping keep the internet civil.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Country" wrote in message

Yes and I make sure they know I appreciate them and I always
do extra
clean up and make sure they don't have to clean up any mess
I should
make.

The prepping forum I frequent has a large religious faction
and when
the few that hate Mormons start mouthing off most of us let
'em know
we don't like their attitude.

-C-

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'd like you to demonstrate to me any time, ever, that I've
advocated killing gays. I sure don't remember ever writing
that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"PV" edrnouser@ spam telus.net wrote in message

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

--
PV

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your
Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a
horse."

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd like you to demonstrate to me any time, ever, that I've
advocated killing gays. I sure don't remember ever writing
that.

"If a man lies with a male as one lies with a woman, the two of them have
done an abhorrent thing; they shall be put to death..." (Lev 20:13).

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uno" wrote in message ...
On 11/8/2011 11:05 PM, PV wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

yes it is, pv, it is the shame that they wear like the curse of cain.

what makes it such a curse for them is that they will never re-examine
the crucible in which this "doctrine" originates or thrives in, so
lacking are they in courage.
--

Sexuality is genetic.
It is determined before birth.
You don't choose your sexuality any more than you choose your eye or hair color.
You are what you are and you ain't goona change it.

Obviously false.

Could you change your sexuality?
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message m...

b) It's too much trouble to deal with the opposite sex.

ROFLMAO!
Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message ...
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd like you to demonstrate to me any time, ever, that I've
advocated killing gays. I sure don't remember ever writing
that.

"If a man lies with a male as one lies with a woman, the two of them have
done an abhorrent thing; they shall be put to death..." (Lev 20:13).

I'm not much of a bible scholar but I hope there are no restrictions on lesbian sex.
Watchin it kind of gets my Evinrude crankin...if ya know what I mean.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 8 Nov 2011 15:57:42 -0800, "Steve B" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

And about two centuries later, they were persecuting Mormons
on the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Who are "they"?

150 years after that. Baptists still persecuting Mormons on
the soil that was supposed to be for religious liberty.

Got a problem with that?

Oh, my. I'm glad I wasn't drinking any coffee when I read that.

Steve

I'm glad you're glad.

Chris pulled the 'Baptists card". Which Baptists were these?

1) Front row Baptist

2) Back row Baptist

3) Peanut farmers

I'm not talking about the snake handler Baptist.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Uno" wrote in message ...
On 11/8/2011 11:05 PM, PV wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

yes it is, pv, it is the shame that they wear like the curse of cain.

what makes it such a curse for them is that they will never re-examine
the crucible in which this "doctrine" originates or thrives in, so
lacking are they in courage.
--

Sexuality is genetic.
It is determined before birth.
You don't choose your sexuality any more than you choose your eye or hair color.
You are what you are and you ain't goona change it.

Obviously false.

Could you change your sexuality?

I don't think you could do it at will-- but I just saw this article
today.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...y-man-GAY.html

Jim

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 9 Nov 2011 17:26:59 -0500, "Mo Gasser"
wrote:

I'm not much of a bible scholar but I hope there are no restrictions on lesbian sex.

Git past the stink, ya got it licked,

Watchin it kind of gets my Evinrude crankin...if ya know what I mean.

Sell the diamond ring and buy a bigger boat motor.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 9, 2:41*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
wrote:

Sexuality is genetic.
It is determined before birth.
You don't choose your sexuality any more than you choose your eye or
hair color. You are what you are and you ain't goona change it.

Obviously false.

Even if genes were responsible, one can, presumably, control his actions.

I kinda doubt it's genetic. If it were, the gene would pretty quickly die
out inasmuch as homosexuals don't reproduce. My view is that folks gravitate
to homosexuality for one of two reasons:

a) There's more sex possible, and/or
b) It's too much trouble to deal with the opposite sex.

So if you like the color blue much better than any other color, then
it's a decision you've made and not something deep inside you that
makes you think that Blue is more pleasing to look at.

I think people who decide they like the color blue best are weird and
should be forced to be like the rest of us. For sure, they will go to
hell.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Nov 9, 2:45*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
I'd like you to demonstrate to me any time, ever, that I've
advocated killing gays. I sure don't remember ever writing
that.

"If a man lies with a male as one lies with a woman, the two of them have
done an abhorrent thing; they shall be put to death..." (Lev 20:13).

Was that Stormin? He must be really old.

-C-
Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Thanks for helping make my point.

Politically, I'm a conservative. I support small government,
honesty, and the freedom of mankind to make its own
decisions. Welfare should be the responsibility of families,
churches, and then (maybe) the lowest possible level of
government. The US government should not deficit spend,
possibly in times of war. The US government has no business
financing health care, or social security. This position
recognizes the goodness of people, and protects thier
liberty.

And you advocate the killing of gays

Is that in line with the views of the LDS?

--
PV

That would depend on the day of the week you ask. It changes that often.
They own their own printing companies, things change that fast. These
people make the Democrats appear brain dead when it comes to damage control
and public spin doctors.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Mo Gasser" wrote in message

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

b) It's too much trouble to deal with the opposite sex.

ROFLMAO!

There is something to be said for asexuality and celibacy, too..............

Steve