Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B[_13_] Steve B[_13_] is offline

Default Mormons - should you hate them?

"RonB" wrote in message
On Nov 7, 10:47 am, wrote:
Stormin,

This post is meant for you.
I think even you may find it amusing, if not I apologize:

http://tinyurl.com/4ylcjqc

Mormons: A shallow yet helpful guide to see if you should hate them or not

--
Dan Espen

To digress a bit.....

I certainly do not hate them.

But when we spent several days in Moab last fall, during vacation, and
realized how they have the Utah liquor laws screwed up..... well, I
didn't like 'em very much.

RonB

Utah's liquor laws are screwed up, but they sure don't mind getting the
taxes from it. But wait, there's more. They are thinking of privatizing
it, or maybe even having capitalistic competition. It seems the state run
Liquor Control is losing money. That's like having a whore house and losing
money.

Latest development, one of the high officials of the LCB granted his son
$370,000 in business with NO competing bids. The investigation is ongoing.

I have a friend who owns a bar in Moab. I wanted any old liquor sign or
neon for my shop. He said they have to sign for any sign or advertisement,
be able to produce it for any investigator, and get a signed receipt when it
is returned to the distributor. They may not dispose of or give away any
liquor related advertising item.

I buy my beer in Nevada or brew it myself. It costs up to one dollar or
more an ounce here for beer that has more than 3.2% alcohol. A plain six
pack is $9. I can brew the $1 an ounce stuff for $.08 per ounce.

BTW, I thought the article was hilarious. The babushka babes remind me a
lot of the plig wives I see at the local Walmart, the closest one to
Colorado City, AZ. 5 x 5 and one eyebrow.

Steve