Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default second hand smoke

Male maxi pads?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

The only polite thing to do, is to use a product like this:

http://www.flat-d.com/mefldepr.html

You will not leave defoliated plant life and lifeless pets in
your wake. Not to mention numerous people with breathing
problems.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default oh, what pains, and what pills to take

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like totally no fun.

Have you tried different brands? Tylenol brand, versus generics? Since
we're on the topic of generics not working right.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"aemeijers" wrote in message

Must be nice to still be able to take anything. I'm slowly (very
slowly)
getting over a pinched nerve at the c7, initially mistaken for carpal
tunnel in right wrist. I was rotating through all the OTC meds
available, but evidently took too much, and developed an allergy to
all
the NSAIDS. About 3 doses over 18 hours, and part of my face would
swell
up. Only thing OTC I can take is acetaminophen, which doesn't do a
whole
lot. Fingers crossed, the nerve 'popping back into place' and the
exercise regimen the PT prescribed have prevented any major relapses
so
far, but I doubt that the trigger/mouse finger on right hand is ever
going to fully recover. It works, but feels like it has been shot up
with a local anesthetic.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/11/2010 7:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Male maxi pads?

Nope, posterior cataclysmic converter.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Well, that beats the Sttt out of the alternative. Reduce carbon
emissions. It's for the environment.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 10/11/2010 7:38 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Male maxi pads?

Nope, posterior cataclysmic converter.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

In article ,
"Steve" wrote:

find a good chiropractor

The guy's in pain, and all you can do is use an oxymoron as a joke.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Stormin Mormon wrote:

Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle.

A VA doctor prescribed Naproxen for me for diabetic neuropathy. It
didn't do anything. They tried several other generic pain killers, that
did nothing except make me sick to my stomach. Finally, I was put on
Gabapentin which does help some.

enough left over to pay them.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/11/2010 9:10 AM, Smitty Two wrote:
In ,
wrote:

find a good chiropractor

The guy's in pain, and all you can do is use an oxymoron as a joke.

Oh, I'm not really in pain anymore (from that injury at least), and many
others have told me the same thing. There is a kernal of truth in
chiropractic, but I'm not sure I want to suffer through the glassy-eyed
spiels from the true believers who think chiropractic can replace real
medicine. Judging from friends and relatives, I think a lot of the
positive effects people get are from placebo effect, combined with the
common-sense treatment of taking better care of themselves, getting more
exercise, and remembering not to slouch and such. I think the valid part
of chiropractic looks a whole lot like the physical therapy a sports
medicine clinic or occupational therapy place does. But what do I know?

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

find a good chiropractor

The guy's in pain, and all you can do is use an oxymoron as a joke.

Oh, I'm not really in pain anymore (from that injury at least), and many
others have told me the same thing. There is a kernal of truth in
chiropractic, but I'm not sure I want to suffer through the glassy-eyed
spiels from the true believers who think chiropractic can replace real
medicine. Judging from friends and relatives, I think a lot of the
positive effects people get are from placebo effect, combined with the
common-sense treatment of taking better care of themselves, getting more
exercise, and remembering not to slouch and such. I think the valid part
of chiropractic looks a whole lot like the physical therapy a sports
medicine clinic or occupational therapy place does. But what do I know?

I can vouch for PT. I wasn't a believer in sports medicine until I
injured my Quads. To the point where 30 steps was all I could walk at one
time. 3 days a week in PT for 1 month. Mostly stretching on my own with
some manipulation and 15 minutes of ice and TENS unit therapy. End result
100% free of pain. And now a believer. Continued stretching techniques at
home now. That all went down in June of this year. No pills.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default Refrigerator not working again!

Take: PURELAX it does not have any test
you can take it with any drink coffee vine beer or with anything ales!

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
On 10/10/2010 7:24 PM, Steve B wrote:
"The Daring wrote in message
On 10/10/2010 9:57 AM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

Here is all the documentation you need:

Some people can tolerate cigarette smoke while some people cannot.
You'll never know the difference until it's too late. So take your
chances
and maybe die or play it safe and maybe live.

First day at EMT training:

1. All bleeding stops eventually.
2. Everyone dies from something.

You can choose some of the things that you will NOT die from. Like I
know I
will never die in a shootout with police while robbing a bank. Or
while
base jumping. You get the idea.

Steve

Don't eat enough fiber and take too many pain pills and you could die
on the throne. 8-)

TDD

If you had read my site, you would already know about this. However,
expiring from the back up of fecal matter does not apply to the hvac
crowd.

Steve

I take Tramadol and I hate taking any drugs, in fact I'm in a lot of pain
right now. I hope the Tramadol and Naproxen sodium will kick in
soon. There are times when I go through severe episodes of pain where
I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head yet.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle. Aleve is good.

Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

MOTRIN NO GOOD HAS SIDE EFFECTS

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

I take Tramadol and I hate taking any drugs, in fact I'm in a lot of
pain right now. I hope the Tramadol and Naproxen sodium will kick in
soon. There are times when I go through severe episodes of pain where
I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head yet.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

news

wrote:

[...]

I can vouch first hand for using chiropractic care. it kept me from having
to have back surgery *again*, and he was able to correct other damage to my
back in the process. The proof is in the x-rays.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle. Aleve is good.

Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

Get a prescription for 800mg time-release ibuprofen.
Should work fine by itself, but with a Spaten Optimator
chaser, it's marvelous. Can you drink beer for medicinal
purposes?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Gunner my friend, I'm deathly allergic to tobacco and pot smoke. My
mother chain smoked cigarettes she she was pregnant with me and I
went cold turkey on nicotine at the age of one day. The only time I
wasn't crying was when I was breast feeding and getting a dose of
the drug that way. I was laying in the crib screaming "GIMME A DAMN
CIGARETTE!" but nobody understood what I was saying. As a child, I
had green slime running out my nose at all times. Tobacco smoke is
like pepper spray to me. I'm not the only person who reacts to in
that way as I've met more than one other person who has the same
reaction to the smoke as I have. If me and other people have such a
strong negative response to second hand smoke, it must be dangerous.
I wish it didn't affect me the way it does, it limits the number of
places I can go and people I can get around.

As a result of an 8 hour heart surgery, I cannot take being within range of
anyone smoking a cigarette, or smoking a cigar. There ought to be a law
that anyone smoking a cigar in public can be shot with no consequences to
the shooter.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/11/2010 1:10 PM, Steve B wrote:
[...]

I don't know about you Steve but I can tell if the car in front of me
on a freeway has a smoker in it, I'm that sensitive to it. It's hell
for me to go in and out of some buildings because of the flock of
smokers outside the doors. It's like the teargas house at a military
boot camp. I have to roll my windows up when pulling up to a 7-11
because the smoke from the bums hanging around outside will always
waft through my open windows. I swear, the smoke comes looking for me,
it's evil. There was a guy who hung out with a business partner of mine
who would put his cigarette in an ashtray across the room and a tendril
of smoke would slink across the room to seek me out like some possessed
snake. It knew I didn't like it so it came after me. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"aemeijers" wrote

Oh, I'm not really in pain anymore (from that injury at least), and many
others have told me the same thing. There is a kernal of truth in
chiropractic, but I'm not sure I want to suffer through the glassy-eyed
spiels from the true believers who think chiropractic can replace real
medicine. Judging from friends and relatives, I think a lot of the
positive effects people get are from placebo effect, combined with the
common-sense treatment of taking better care of themselves, getting more
exercise, and remembering not to slouch and such. I think the valid part
of chiropractic looks a whole lot like the physical therapy a sports
medicine clinic or occupational therapy place does. But what do I know?

--
aem sends...

Been to chiropractors, but there is only so much they can do, regardless of
what they say. Mostly, they want to set you up with expensive x rays, and a
thrice a week visit at $50 per.

BTDT. Past hope now. L1 crush fracture, and cervical spondylosis are not
chiropractable ailments.

Allergic to NSAIDS, too having taken a boatload of them in my life.

Now, just the trusty Lortabs and abstinence from all heavy work except for
honeydos. According to SWMBO, honeydos do not require effort, just like
candy is calorie free if you eat it on a day with a "y" in it.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle. Aleve is good.

Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

Get a prescription for 800mg time-release ibuprofen.
Should work fine by itself, but with a Spaten Optimator
chaser, it's marvelous. Can you drink beer for medicinal
purposes?

Beer IS medicine, dummy. ;-)

Getting ready to home brew, and I can't wait.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Steve B" wrote in message

[...]

My wife can smell someone smoking a cigarette in a car several 100' in front
of us on the highway - at highway speeds, even with the windows closed.
Some people are just ultrasensitive to smoke, and tobacco smoke in
particular.

--
Bobby G.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Well, maybe in your body. But in mine, it lowers pain and swelling.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Grumpy" wrote in message

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club
generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

MOTRIN NO GOOD HAS SIDE EFFECTS

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Yes, that sounds good. I have some arthritis time release
acetaminophen which helps. Timed release ibu is probably good, too.

I don't know of any medical exemption for beer. I do know that before
I joined the church, beer made aches and pains worse.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club
generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

Get a prescription for 800mg time-release ibuprofen.
Should work fine by itself, but with a Spaten Optimator
chaser, it's marvelous. Can you drink beer for medicinal
purposes?

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

I'd vote yes, for that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

As a result of an 8 hour heart surgery, I cannot take being within
range of
anyone smoking a cigarette, or smoking a cigar. There ought to be a
law
that anyone smoking a cigar in public can be shot with no consequences
the shooter.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

I have expereinced that. Worse, at factories when all the temp workers
and hourly guys cluster around the doors.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message

It's hell
for me to go in and out of some buildings because of the flock of
smokers outside the doors.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

"Robert Green" wrote in message
"Steve B" wrote in message

[...]

I used to smoke, but haven't in at least ten years now. Now, my wife or I
can smell it a mile away, and if we come in contact with someone smoking,
can smell it on our clothes when we get home. I can tell when I'm within
ten foot of a smoker, even if they aren't smoking.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 11:10:29 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

[...]

So if they had extended my 5 hour heart surgery 3 hours..I couldnt be
sitting here smoking?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/11/2010 8:18 PM, The King wrote:
On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 06:10:04 -0700, Smitty Two
wrote:

In ,
wrote:

find a good chiropractor

The guy's in pain, and all you can do is use an oxymoron as a joke.

We tried to convince him to bash his head in with a rock but he's not
man enough. ****in mormons. What do you expect.

Try paying attention- I think they were talking about what I posted, not
anything Stormy said.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:35:03 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

One email friend of mine, suffers all day pain. Fibromyalgia. He tells
me that the generic hydrocodone (Malancrodt?) is useless for him.
Watson and Qualitest works fine for him.

There was a well known happening, a heart medicine Lopressor, or
Cardizem. I can't remember which of those two names is the generic or
the brand.

Lopressor is a brand name of Metoprolol (other brands include Toprol and
Metoprolol Tartrate), a beta blocker. Cardizem is quite different, a calcium
channel blocker. Of course they could act differently on a given individual.

But one worked, the generic did not. The difference turned
out to be that the brand name medicine people ground the drug into a
finer dust which was better absorbed. The generic was not as finely
ground, and not as well absorbed.

I use the genericest Metoprolol; the $10/90day Kroger special (Metoprolol
Tartrate). Works fine.

Your experience is very believable, to me.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:01:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, that sounds good. I have some arthritis time release acetaminophen
which helps. Timed release ibu is probably good, too.

I don't know of any medical exemption for beer. I do know that before I
joined the church, beer made aches and pains worse.

So, you're saying that since you've joined the church, the beer no longer
makes the aches and pains worse? Hallelujah! It's a Miracle! ;-P

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 03:29:32 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

On 10/10/2010 11:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

Ow! That hurts from here. I went through this in the spring, though have no
adverse reaction to any NSAID (that I know of). It took a good six to eight
weeks though. I've been diagnosed with some rheumatoid arthritis and if the
flareups get bad they'll put me on NSAIDs. So far they get it back to a
manageable pain pretty quickly. I've recently started taking a couple of
Ibuprofen when the pain reminds me to. I'd rather it not get bad enough to
need the other stuff.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 23:31:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

When I was born, I couldn't speak a word of english.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

When I was born, I couldn't speak a word of english.

That's very unusual.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Steve B wrote:
"Jim wrote in message
Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

During prohibition alcohol was prescribed as a drug, something like
marijuana is now being used in CA.

John

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:57:04 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 10/10/2010 7:30 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 04:36:19 -0700, wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

Here is all the documentation you need:

Some people can tolerate cigarette smoke while some people cannot.
You'll never know the difference until it's too late. So take your chances
and maybe die or play it safe and maybe live.

Your opinion is noted.

Now about those citations?

Im reminded of an asshole who works for a company my partner rents shop
space from.

He hates cig smoke. Claims it effects his "asthma"

Only problem is...he sweeps the very dusty shop, from inside a cloud of
dust for an hour or more....., no mask and then looks up, sees someone
OUTSIDE the shop smoking ..and screams "my asthma! Dont smoke near the
doors!!"

When mention is made of the cloud of dust he is standing in...he then
gets a cross look on his face and runs over and puts on a dust
mask...which he should have been wearing in the first place if he
actually DID have asthma.

Guy has worked for the one company for over 18 yrs, since he was 18. Is
an utter yutz. He can do his job marginally well enough, but then..one
can train a chimp to do things "well enough: in 18 yrs.

And of course..he is a liar as well as a cry baby and has zero people
skills.

Shrug..but thats only one guy.

Now about those citations about second hand smoke?

We already know your opinion..and as they say..."opinions are like
assholes..everybody has one and they generally all stink"

Ill be waiting for your "proof"

Gunner

[...]

Im allergic to hops. Which is why in my entire life, Ive never had an
entire full beer. 57 yrs and Ive never totaled 16 ounces of beer in all
that time.

I take a drink of beer..and Im blowing lunch like Mount St. Helens

So I should not be around beer drinkers. Even the smell makes me
queasy.

So its obvious any amount of beer is dangerous to society at large and
it should be banished immediately!!!

Right?

Gunner

Actually Gunner, it is you that should be banished. Beer is the
staff of life. It was invented by Christian Monks.

John
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

When I was born, I couldn't speak a word of english.

That's very unusual.

Yes, considering that my doctor congratulated me on a perfect delivery.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:13:53 -0700, jk wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

And even IF that weren't true, why should people have to put up with
smelling like an old ash tray, just because some one has to feed their
addiction.
jk

They do not realize they stink! Ugh...imagine kissing one? An ashtray
that is.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

In article ,
"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Well, maybe in your body. But in mine, it lowers pain and swelling.

How far does it lower it? Down to the nads? Knees? Ankles?
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
snip--

Get a prescription for 800mg time-release ibuprofen.
Should work fine by itself, but with a Spaten Optimator
chaser, it's marvelous. Can you drink beer for medicinal
purposes?

I recall, some time ago, having a little back trouble. Vet prescribed those
800 mg ibuprofen.

Years ago I had a bleeding ulcer. My stomach has given me fits for years.
I now take half an OTC Prylosec daily, which has resulted in the best I've
felt in years.

Back to the back trouble of the old days. About the time my back started
feeling better, my stomach was killing me. Ibuprofen is very touch on the
stomach, assuming one is inclined to suffer that affliction.

Harold

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Tue, 12 Oct 2010 08:49:11 GMT, "Harold & Susan Vordos"
wrote:

"Jim Stewart" wrote in message
snip--

Get a prescription for 800mg time-release ibuprofen.
Should work fine by itself, but with a Spaten Optimator
chaser, it's marvelous. Can you drink beer for medicinal
purposes?

I recall, some time ago, having a little back trouble. Vet prescribed those
800 mg ibuprofen.

Years ago I had a bleeding ulcer. My stomach has given me fits for years.
I now take half an OTC Prylosec daily, which has resulted in the best I've
felt in years.

Back to the back trouble of the old days. About the time my back started
feeling better, my stomach was killing me. Ibuprofen is very touch on the
stomach, assuming one is inclined to suffer that affliction.

Harold

You do know that most ulcers have been found to be the result of
bacteria

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pep...SECTION=causes

By Mayo Clinic staff

Depending on their location, peptic ulcers have different names:

* Gastric ulcer. This is a peptic ulcer that occurs in your stomach.
* Duodenal ulcer. This type of peptic ulcer develops in the first
part of the small intestine (duodenum).
* Esophageal ulcer. An esophageal ulcer is usually located in the
lower section of your esophagus. It's often associated with chronic
gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).

The culprit in most cases
Although stress and spicy foods were once thought to be the main causes
of peptic ulcers, doctors now know that the cause of most ulcers is the
corkscrew-shaped bacterium Helicobacter pylori (H. pylori).

H. pylori lives and multiplies within the mucous layer that covers and
protects tissues that line the stomach and small intestine. Often, H.
pylori causes no problems. But sometimes it can disrupt the mucous layer
and inflame the lining of your stomach or duodenum, producing an ulcer.

H. pylori is a common gastrointestinal infection. In the United States,
one in five people younger than 30 and half the people older than 60 are
infected. Although it's not clear exactly how H. pylori spreads, it may
be transmitted from person to person by close contact, such as kissing.
People may also contract H. pylori through food and water.

H. pylori is the most common, but not the only, cause of peptic ulcers.
Besides H. pylori, other causes of peptic ulcers, or factors that may
aggravate them, include:

* Regular use of pain relievers. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory
drugs (NSAIDs) can irritate or inflame the lining of your stomach and
small intestine. These medications, which are available both by
prescription and over-the-counter, include aspirin, ibuprofen (Advil,
Motrin, others), naproxen (Aleve), ketoprofen and others. To help avoid
digestive upset, take NSAIDs with meals. If you have been diagnosed with
an ulcer, make sure your doctor knows this when prescribing any pain
reliever. Other medications that contain NSAIDs are Alka-Seltzer and
bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol, others). Unfortunately, some people
take these medications for symptoms of peptic ulcer, but they can make
the condition worse. Other prescription medications that can also lead
to ulcers include medications used to treat osteoporosis called
bisphosphonates (Actonel, Fosamax and others).

NSAIDs inhibit production of an enzyme (cyclooxygenase) that
produces prostaglandins. These hormone-like substances help protect your
stomach lining from chemical and physical injury. Without this
protection, stomach acid can erode the lining, causing bleeding and
ulcers.
* Smoking. Nicotine in tobacco increases the volume and
concentration of stomach acid, increasing your risk of an ulcer. Smoking
may also slow healing during ulcer treatment.
* Excessive alcohol consumption. Alcohol can irritate and erode the
mucous lining of your stomach and increases the amount of stomach acid
that's produced. It's uncertain, however, whether this alone can
progress into an ulcer or if it just aggravates the symptoms of an
existing ulcer.
* Stress. Although stress per se isn't a cause of peptic ulcers,
it's a contributing factor. Stress may aggravate symptoms of peptic
ulcers and, in some cases, delay healing. You may undergo stress for a
number of reasons — an emotionally disturbing circumstance or event,
surgery, or a physical trauma, such as a burn or other severe injury.

Complications Symptoms and are curable, right?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Well, that wasn't quite the direction I was going. But, we could word
it this way: Since I joined the church, I havn't had my aches and
pains worsened by beer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Rich Grise" wrote in message
news On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:01:45 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Yes, that sounds good. I have some arthritis time release
acetaminophen
which helps. Timed release ibu is probably good, too.

I don't know of any medical exemption for beer. I do know that
before I
joined the church, beer made aches and pains worse.

So, you're saying that since you've joined the church, the beer no
longer
makes the aches and pains worse? Hallelujah! It's a Miracle! ;-P

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Heck, I couldn't either. I still speak and write very poor English.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"%" wrote in message
news On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 23:31:25 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"