Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default oh, what pains, and what pills to take

On Mon, 11 Oct 2010 08:35:03 -0400, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

One email friend of mine, suffers all day pain. Fibromyalgia. He tells
me that the generic hydrocodone (Malancrodt?) is useless for him.
Watson and Qualitest works fine for him.

There was a well known happening, a heart medicine Lopressor, or
Cardizem. I can't remember which of those two names is the generic or
the brand.

Lopressor is a brand name of Metoprolol (other brands include Toprol and
Metoprolol Tartrate), a beta blocker. Cardizem is quite different, a calcium
channel blocker. Of course they could act differently on a given individual.

But one worked, the generic did not. The difference turned
out to be that the brand name medicine people ground the drug into a
finer dust which was better absorbed. The generic was not as finely
ground, and not as well absorbed.

I use the genericest Metoprolol; the $10/90day Kroger special (Metoprolol
Tartrate). Works fine.

Your experience is very believable, to me.