Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Refrigerator not working again!

On 9/29/2010 6:28 PM, wrote:
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:25:24 -0400,
wrote:

On 9/29/2010 8:03 AM,
wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 19:08:18 -0400, jeff_wisnia
wrote:

Rich Grise wrote:

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 17:45:23 -0400, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Some decades ago, I heard the same joke. But it was a steam locomotive,
and two taps for buck each. Knowing, $998.

A locksmith I knew. Got a rush call to open a car, guy had to be to the
airport. Having opened several of those, the locksmith knew which tool,
how far into the window, and in which direction to go. As he was reaching
into the car to recover the keys, the guy hollered. "Forty bucks! I'm not
going to pay you forty bucks... for.... THAT!!!"

Locksmith threw the keys back in, and started to walk off. After some
begging, the locksmith relented, and opened the car a second time. Now,
the bill is up to $80. Me, I am not that heartless.

I once had a girlfriend who had custody of a 16-year old kid, whose dad
bought him a brand-new pickup truck, as an abseentee parent bribe or
whatever. He locked his keys in it. We called a locksmith, who was an
off-duty cop, and went out to watch him pick the lock. The guy was
poking around and poking around, and we kind of got lost in conversation;
we had wanted to see him pick the lock. Well, after about 10 minutes of
this, we were all thoroughly distracted, he said, "Well, it doesn't seem
to be working here - let me try the other side." Before any of us clued
up and thought to chase him to the other side of the truck, he had the
lock picked in about three seconds.

I was rather saddened that I didn't get to see how it was done. )-;

Thanks,
Rich

Didja ever think that maybe the other side was UNlocked already?G

Jeff

Who, in their right mind tries to pick the lock on a car or truck
door?

A Slim Jim in experienced hands will open that door almost as fast as
you can open it with the key. Someone who has a foggy idea of what
needs to be done and NO experince can usually do it in about 10 or 15
minutes with a Slim Jim.

Lock picking itself is really not that mysterious. I do it as a hobby.
I buy locks at tag sales and dollar stores to fool around with.
Surprisingly, cheap, non-precision locks that do not operate smoothly
with a key can be among the hardest to pick.

I make all my own tools using stainless steel strips cut from large
hose clamp bands.

Most cars and trucks sold in last decade or so have slim-jim guards in
the doors, so you can't get a shot at the lock rods. They did that same
time they went to those damn chipped ignition keys. Insurance company
pressure, and it has cut down on theft of locked vehicles.

Glass still breaks!

Chop shop won't take doors with broken glass.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

news
Rich Grise wrote:
[...]

If it were, don't you think we'd have checked before calling in a $60.00
house call? ;-)

Thanks,
Rich

I can't help it if you don't charge enough. ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

. 70...
Isn't it amazing, after all, that _one_ RCM'er posts a request to his
peers for advice on an aging fridge, and the alt.hvac folks think they
MUST require him to receive "professional service" on his no-longer-
necessary refrigerator?

It's not, really; considering that they want a "piece" of every
refrigeration job out there, even if their services are not only not
needed, but certainly not WANTED. They want their government-guaranteed
"slice of the pie", and you're damned if you don't use them.

IG... not for nothin', but you need to remove that alt.hvac from your
newsgroups posting list (not like I did _not_ this time G). They're
thieves, liars, and incompetents. And... FWIW... they RULE the industry,
in all their malfeasant glory. The gov'mInt makes it so! Long live the
EPA!

LLoyd

Reminds me a great deal of a union attitude. Protectionism at its worst.

Harold

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:28:44 -0400, salty wrote:
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:25:24 -0400, aemeijers wrote:

Most cars and trucks sold in last decade or so have slim-jim guards in
the doors, so you can't get a shot at the lock rods. They did that same
time they went to those damn chipped ignition keys. Insurance company
pressure, and it has cut down on theft of locked vehicles.

Glass still breaks!

So which is cheaper, a lockpicker or a window replacer? ;-)

Thanks,
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:49:09 -0400, salty wrote:

A ****ed off rotweiller in the back seat MIGHT be a deterrent. Or, they
might take the dog, too.

Well, notwithstanding that in most places, leaving a dog in a locked car
is itself illegal; I heard about some store where they had a large snake,
thinking that just the sight of the snake would deter burglars - somebody
stole the snake! ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking

On 10/1/2010 1:10 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 18:49:09 -0400, salty wrote:

A ****ed off rotweiller in the back seat MIGHT be a deterrent. Or, they
might take the dog, too.

Well, notwithstanding that in most places, leaving a dog in a locked car
is itself illegal; I heard about some store where they had a large snake,
thinking that just the sight of the snake would deter burglars - somebody
stole the snake! ;-)

"Dang, look at alla that meat!"

--
I can see November from my front porch
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 09:58:30 -0400,
wrote:

Whine, whine whine. $50,000? Big deal.

I talked a scientist in Antarctica through a repair procedure on a
piece of equipment they had damaged to keep them from losing data on a
two year project.

I built a KU band communications system that is a permanent part of
the International Space Station. It is used for voice, video and data
uplinks. The downlink was done with some of our standard equipment, but
the ISS only has 48 VDC power and the equipment has to be built into one
of their fancy low G aluminum rack modules.

I built the earth station that NOAA uses to control their LEO (Low
Earth Orbit) weather satellites, and to receive the weather sat photos.

I built two earth stations for Italy, for their part in the European
Space Agency. One fixed site, the other in an european style military
trailer.

Yeh, well I built the Alaskan pipeline, the space station, and
the Large Hadron Collider, in between managing Barack Obama's campaign
( Axlerod and Plouffe were my sock-puppets ).

OK, are we done pulling our puds now ?

Actually..Michael did those things.

You simply lied about your tasks.

Sucks to be you, doesnt it?

You sound like Stinky Gruder..a plumbing buffoon used on LA radio
stations in their commercials.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:55:31 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

On 9/28/2010 7:27 AM, HeyBub wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
My experience with smokers has not been good. I prefer not to work
with them. Of course, my allergies help make that decision.

You can get shots to alleviate your allergies.

You can also shoot a smoker in the head. 8-)

TDD

Assuming he doesnt shoot you in the guts, kick your gun out of your
hand and then drag you out to some quiet place you can peacefully die
over many hours in.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:04:50 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
My experience with smokers has not been good. I prefer not to work
with them. Of course, my allergies help make that decision.

You can get shots to alleviate your allergies.

You can also shoot a smoker in the head. 8-)

I worked with a bunch of idiots who would all light up by the return
vent and fill the entire shop& office area with smoke. I opened the
register and saturated the filter with Lysol. They came in the next
morning and light up As soon as they took a deep breath, they were
coughing and gagging. ;-)

I smoked for 9 months then I was born. People didn't know any better
back in the middle of the last century. Instead of a snot nosed kid,
I was a green slime kid. I'm deathly allergic to tobacco smoke and
can tell if the driver in the car in front of me on the freeway is
smoking without seeing them. If I go into a place full of smokers,
my sinuses close up and my eyes water. Heck. it's like pepper spray
to me. Some people are polite and understanding about it (friends)
and many are jerks about it (enemas). 8-)

I've had people tell me, 'You're not my freind if I can't smoke in
your house.' I tell them goodbye, and don't bother to come back.

I am a smoker, and have a number of furred pets..if someone visits and
is allergic to smoke...I gladly smoke outside while they are there.
Assuming they are my friends.

Cant do anything about the dog and cat hair though..and before anyone is
invited..is notified clearly about the critters.

Some people decide to meet me in a second location, others come over and
really enjoy their visits. Some even bring their dogs to play with mine.

Life is good.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

At least you are honest about it. The worst are the types that say
they won't smoke in your house, then light up when you're out of the
room. When you are alergic, that can affect you for weeks. I've had to
prop the doors open in wintertime to claer the air after some former
freinds stopped by.

Cant do anything about the dog and cat hair though..and before anyone is
invited..is notified clearly about the critters.

I love dogs, and have never had much problems with them.

Some people decide to meet me in a second location, others come over and
really enjoy their visits. Some even bring their dogs to play with mine.

You're on the wrong coast for a visit from me.

enough left over to pay them.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

It tears me up to see my friends injuring themselves. I've lost several
friends to lung cancer because of their addiction to nicotine and I know
it's one of the most addictive drugs extant. I have another friend I may
lose soon, he only has one lung left after a bout with lung cancer
and he tries to hide the smoking from me and his family but he can't
blame it on the dog. The doggy is too small to hold a cigarette in her
little mouth. 8-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Stormin Mormon wrote:
My experience with smokers has not been good. I prefer not to work
with them. Of course, my allergies help make that decision.

You can get shots to alleviate your allergies.

You can also shoot a smoker in the head. 8-)

TDD

Assuming he doesnt shoot you in the guts, kick your gun out of your
hand and then drag you out to some quiet place you can peacefully die
over many hours in.

Gunner

I was being "fecesious" except in the case of Democrats. They should
be put out of their misery, it's the only kind way to end their
suffering. 8-)

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

I was being "fecesious" except in the case of Democrats. They should
be put out of our misery, it's the only kind way to end our suffering.
8-)

Corrected :-)

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/2/2010 8:29 PM, Steve wrote:

I was being "fecesious" except in the case of Democrats. They should
be put out of our misery, it's the only kind way to end our suffering.
8-)

Corrected :-)

I'm not a Republican, Republicans disgust me but Democrats are special,
they horrify me. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sat, 02 Oct 2010 15:47:04 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Gunner Asch wrote:
On Tue, 28 Sep 2010 15:04:50 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

I've had people tell me, 'You're not my freind if I can't smoke in
your house.' I tell them goodbye, and don't bother to come back.

I am a smoker, and have a number of furred pets..if someone visits and
is allergic to smoke...I gladly smoke outside while they are there.
Assuming they are my friends.

At least you are honest about it. The worst are the types that say
they won't smoke in your house, then light up when you're out of the
room. When you are alergic, that can affect you for weeks. I've had to
prop the doors open in wintertime to claer the air after some former
freinds stopped by.

I was at a house party once, and the guy had signs all over the house:
"Please Smoke!"

I'm a smoker, but I'm polite about it; luckily at work everybody smokes.

Cheers!
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

So you don't mind forcing your pets to breathe your cancer smoke?

PETA needs to come beat the crap out of you for your animal abuse.
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

Stormin Mormon wrote:
[...]

People Eating Tasty Animals? Why would they care? Its not like I cook
them too long and have to throw the meat in the trash or anything.

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

I will be waiting with excitement and anticipation for your clear and
unbiased cites.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

I was a "document coder" - that's kinda like a paralegal assistant;
people who do data entry to catalog the collection of documents
subpoenaed during the discovery phase of litigations - in TWO
antismokerist litigations, and I've seen the documents that essentially
prove that tobacco has very little, if anything, to do with cancer.

Cancer is caused by having a type A personality, i.e. rigidity of
thinking, no emotional outlet, self-righteousness, a tendency to
blame others for one's shortcomings, etc.

Of course, the documents got buried, by a combination of the aggressive
tactics of the antismoking activists, and the fact that the documents
contained actual scientific data, which, since it used big words,
was incomprehensible to the selected juries.

But, blame on, if it makes you feel better for awhile.

Since all-or-nothing thinking seems to be the order of the day, ask
yourself this: If smoking caused cancer, then why is it that not every
smoker gets cancer, and why is it that many non-smokers get cancer?

Good Luck!
Rich

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/9/2010 5:57 PM, Rich Grise wrote:
[...]

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, obviously.
I know educating Rich is impossible, but for the benefit of others
listening in that never had science class- smoking is one of a whole
long list of stuff that can cause cancer. Sometimes it doesn't,
sometimes it does- a lot depends on the genes and condition of the
person smoking, and what other crap they have been exposed to. There can
be two or more things that a person may have the physiology to deal with
one at a time and stay healthy, but if they get hit with all of them at
once, all of a sudden cancer cells start growing. The fewer nasty
substances you subject your body to, the better your odds are. I could
easily see how high-strung type-A people are more prone to cancer, what
with the high blood pressure and impaired immune system from lack of
rest and excessive stress that is part and parcel of being a type-A. A
person running at redline all the time, as it were, is more prone to
things going wrong.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

Here is all the documentation you need:

Some people can tolerate cigarette smoke while some people cannot.
You'll never know the difference until it's too late. So take your chances
and maybe die or play it safe and maybe live.

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

Here is all the documentation you need:

Some people can tolerate cigarette smoke while some people cannot.
You'll never know the difference until it's too late. So take your
chances
and maybe die or play it safe and maybe live.

First day at EMT training:

1. All bleeding stops eventually.
2. Everyone dies from something.

You can choose some of the things that you will NOT die from. Like I know I
will never die in a shootout with police while robbing a bank. Or while
base jumping. You get the idea.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/10/2010 9:57 AM, Steve B wrote:
wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

Here is all the documentation you need:

Some people can tolerate cigarette smoke while some people cannot.
You'll never know the difference until it's too late. So take your
chances
and maybe die or play it safe and maybe live.

First day at EMT training:

1. All bleeding stops eventually.
2. Everyone dies from something.

You can choose some of the things that you will NOT die from. Like I know I
will never die in a shootout with police while robbing a bank. Or while
base jumping. You get the idea.

Steve

Don't eat enough fiber and take too many pain pills and you could die
on the throne. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote in message
[...]

If you had read my site, you would already know about this. However,
expiring from the back up of fecal matter does not apply to the hvac crowd.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?
Read up and prepare.
Learn how to care for a friend.
http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 04:36:19 -0700, wrote:

On Sat, 09 Oct 2010 12:58:39 -0700, Gunner Asch wrote:

As for the cancer risks of second hand smoke, please provide some
data/citations to its danger to both people and pets.

Here is all the documentation you need:

Some people can tolerate cigarette smoke while some people cannot.
You'll never know the difference until it's too late. So take your chances
and maybe die or play it safe and maybe live.

Your opinion is noted.

Now about those citations?

Im reminded of an asshole who works for a company my partner rents shop
space from.

He hates cig smoke. Claims it effects his "asthma"

Only problem is...he sweeps the very dusty shop, from inside a cloud of
dust for an hour or more....., no mask and then looks up, sees someone
OUTSIDE the shop smoking ..and screams "my asthma! Dont smoke near the
doors!!"

When mention is made of the cloud of dust he is standing in...he then
gets a cross look on his face and runs over and puts on a dust
mask...which he should have been wearing in the first place if he
actually DID have asthma.

Guy has worked for the one company for over 18 yrs, since he was 18. Is
an utter yutz. He can do his job marginally well enough, but then..one
can train a chimp to do things "well enough: in 18 yrs.

And of course..he is a liar as well as a cry baby and has zero people
skills.

Shrug..but thats only one guy.

Now about those citations about second hand smoke?

We already know your opinion..and as they say..."opinions are like
assholes..everybody has one and they generally all stink"

Ill be waiting for your "proof"

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote in message
[...]

I take Tramadol and I hate taking any drugs, in fact I'm in a lot of
pain right now. I hope the Tramadol and Naproxen sodium will kick in
soon. There are times when I go through severe episodes of pain where
I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head yet.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/10/2010 7:30 PM, Gunner Asch wrote:
[...]

Gunner my friend, I'm deathly allergic to tobacco and pot smoke. My
mother chain smoked cigarettes she she was pregnant with me and I
went cold turkey on nicotine at the age of one day. The only time I
wasn't crying was when I was breast feeding and getting a dose of
the drug that way. I was laying in the crib screaming "GIMME A DAMN
CIGARETTE!" but nobody understood what I was saying. As a child, I
had green slime running out my nose at all times. Tobacco smoke is
like pepper spray to me. I'm not the only person who reacts to in
that way as I've met more than one other person who has the same
reaction to the smoke as I have. If me and other people have such a
strong negative response to second hand smoke, it must be dangerous.
I wish it didn't affect me the way it does, it limits the number of
places I can go and people I can get around.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default oh, what pains, and what pills to take

Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle. Aleve is good.

Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"The Daring Dufas"
wrote in message ...

I take Tramadol and I hate taking any drugs, in fact I'm in a lot of
pain right now. I hope the Tramadol and Naproxen sodium will kick in
soon. There are times when I go through severe episodes of pain where
I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head yet.

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"The Daring Dufas" wrote

I take Tramadol and I hate taking any drugs, in fact I'm in a lot of pain
right now. I hope the Tramadol and Naproxen sodium will kick in
soon. There are times when I go through severe episodes of pain where
I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head yet.

TDD

One stool softener in the morning, one at night.

Simple.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Default second hand smoke

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

Careful with the one at night. Look for "slow acting". And the old
internet adage still applies. Not to take a laxative and a sleeping
pill at the same time.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Steve B" wrote in message

I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a
corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head
yet.

TDD

One stool softener in the morning, one at night.

Simple.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 21:57:04 -0500, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

[...]

Im allergic to hops. Which is why in my entire life, Ive never had an
entire full beer. 57 yrs and Ive never totaled 16 ounces of beer in all
that time.

I take a drink of beer..and Im blowing lunch like Mount St. Helens

So I should not be around beer drinkers. Even the smell makes me
queasy.

So its obvious any amount of beer is dangerous to society at large and
it should be banished immediately!!!

Right?

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/10/2010 10:29 PM, Steve B wrote:
"The Daring wrote

I take Tramadol and I hate taking any drugs, in fact I'm in a lot of pain
right now. I hope the Tramadol and Naproxen sodium will kick in
soon. There are times when I go through severe episodes of pain where
I take a lot of pain meds and don't eat enough apples. When I go to
drop a load of ready-mix, I feel as if I should reach for a corkscrew
to get things started. Luckily I haven't popped a cork in my head yet.

TDD

One stool softener in the morning, one at night.

Simple.

Steve

Steve, I hate taking medication so I'd rather do it through diet. I love
fresh raw fruit like apples, oranges, tomatoes and this summer, I got
on a watermelon rampage. I was buying several a week and there is
nothing like ice cold watermelon to cool you off in hot weather. I like
fresh fruits and vegetables which is my preferred method for keeping
things moving. I can eat a pound of baby carrots while watching a movie.
Same thing with grapes, raisins, trail mix and granola, I look down at
the bag and wonder where it all went. 8-)

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

wrote:

[...]

Like I said, I wish I weren't so allergic to the smoke because it limits
places I CAN GO. The Libertarian in me wants any ADULT to
have the right to destroy their OWN body by consuming any health
destroying, mind bending or brain cell killing substance they so
desire. My problem is when such a person harms ANYONE ELSE. I've
never consumed an alcoholic beverage in my life, taken an illegal
or recreational drug or obviously never smoked anything legal or
illegal in my life but I voted for the county I lived in to allow
alcohol sales. I would vote to do away with the silly drug laws
in this country but I want harsh penalties for DWI. It's all about
personal responsibility with me, you are responsible for your own
actions and liable for the consequences. Do whatever you want to
do to yourself but don't harm anyone else in the process or have
me pay for the damage you do to YOUR body. Make all the addictive
body, mind and life destroying substances legal and put a high
enough tax on them to pay for the medical care and cremation of
any adult who wishes to imbibe. You have the right to destroy
YOURSELF.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
jk jk is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle. Aleve is good.

As much as that sounds like it OUGHT to be bs, I had a similar
experience while it was still a prescription drug.

Doctor wrote it alloing the pharmacy to use the (cheaper) generic, and
it did nothing for me. He then rewrote it, not allowing substitution,
and it worked like a charm. And before you say "Placebo effect"
because I was expecting the generic not to work. My expectations were
the opposite, I was not expecting the name brand to work any better
than the generic.

jk
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac
jk jk is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

And even IF that weren't true, why should people have to put up with
smelling like an old ash tray, just because some one has to feed their
addiction.
jk

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/10/2010 11:28 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:
Tramadol is good stuff. One friend of mine takes it, for bad back. He
says he likes hydrocodone for faster action.

Naproxyn. The BJ's wholesale club brand is useless. I tried some, and
ended up trashing the rest of the bottle. Aleve is good.

Same deal with the ibuprophen. The old yellow Nuprin were excellent.
The small brown generics are useless. The BJ's Wholesale club generic
were OK for the white ones, and the colored ones aren't great. I've
got some Motrin, trying that out and see if it's any good.

Must be nice to still be able to take anything. I'm slowly (very slowly)
getting over a pinched nerve at the c7, initially mistaken for carpal
tunnel in right wrist. I was rotating through all the OTC meds
available, but evidently took too much, and developed an allergy to all
the NSAIDS. About 3 doses over 18 hours, and part of my face would swell
up. Only thing OTC I can take is acetaminophen, which doesn't do a whole
lot. Fingers crossed, the nerve 'popping back into place' and the
exercise regimen the PT prescribed have prevented any major relapses so
far, but I doubt that the trigger/mouse finger on right hand is ever
going to fully recover. It works, but feels like it has been shot up
with a local anesthetic.

--
aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:13:53 -0700, jk wrote:

"Stormin Mormon" wrote:

I figure if anyone is such inconsiderate with second hand smoke. I
don't need to be around them.

My parents both smoked, in the days of my youth. I got a lot of ear
infections. My sister got bronchitis and athsma. One of my ear
infections (probably from the smoke) went too long, and damaged my
hearing. Got my first hearing aid at age 6. I'll be wearing hearing
aids for the rest of my life.

And even IF that weren't true, why should people have to put up with
smelling like an old ash tray, just because some one has to feed their
addiction.
jk

Oh...like being in a room with a lady who spashed on a ton of perfume
and having it shut down ones sinuses for the rest of the day, not to
mention having it seep into ones clothing and carrying the stench around
the rest of the day?

Ban Perfume!!! Do it for da chillins!!!

I am the Sword of my Family
and the Shield of my Nation.
If sent, I will crush everything you have built,
burn everything you love,
and kill every one of you.
(Hebrew quote)
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

On 10/11/2010 5:40 AM, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Sun, 10 Oct 2010 22:13:53 -0700, wrote:

"Stormin wrote:

[...]

The only polite thing to do, is to use a product like this:

http://www.flat-d.com/mefldepr.html

You will not leave defoliated plant life and lifeless pets in
your wake. Not to mention numerous people with breathing
problems.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

One email friend of mine, suffers all day pain. Fibromyalgia. He tells
me that the generic hydrocodone (Malancrodt?) is useless for him.
Watson and Qualitest works fine for him.

There was a well known happening, a heart medicine Lopressor, or
Cardizem. I can't remember which of those two names is the generic or
the brand. But one worked, the generic did not. The difference turned
out to be that the brand name medicine people ground the drug into a
finer dust which was better absorbed. The generic was not as finely
ground, and not as well absorbed.

Your experience is very believable, to me.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"jk" wrote in message

As much as that sounds like it OUGHT to be bs, I had a similar
experience while it was still a prescription drug.

Doctor wrote it alloing the pharmacy to use the (cheaper) generic, and
it did nothing for me. He then rewrote it, not allowing substitution,
and it worked like a charm. And before you say "Placebo effect"
because I was expecting the generic not to work. My expectations were
the opposite, I was not expecting the name brand to work any better
than the generic.

jk

Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,alt.hvac

"aemeijers" wrote in message
[...]