Posted to alt.home.repair
thetiler

Default Amazed at Box Store Apathy (long)

I'm a long time (old) tile contractor. Often I pop into a local box
store, whether
HD or Lowes to get a little something in the tile dept. Generally I
buy
all serious purchaces from real tile distributors.

I'm amazed at the apathy in these box stores. If they would turn me
loose in there I could make them a fortune. Customers are always
wandering around aimlessly, hoping for some help while an employee
or two ignore them, or poke around endlessly at their computer without
ever looking up. Sometimes 4 or 5 employees are around, yet completely
ignoring the customers.

In my experience of working for over a thousand people, I know that
people
usually are starving for help and ideas when I first meet them. Rarely
do
they fully know what they want. They need help with the rapidly
changing
trends and products, and help in selecting colors, styles, sizes,
textures,
setting materials etc etc. I love to help people, and in doing so
they want
to do business with me.

I have no idea why these large stores don't put at least one
experienced
old-timer in these departments to be a help to people. It seems to me
they
could make a fortune selling to customers who are so willing to buy
there.

Even as I am just 'popping in' to make a quick purchace at these box
stores,
I always scout around to see if I can be of help to a person who looks
like
they really need it. I guess as a little one-man business, I care
more about
my trade and customers than these mamouth businesses.

Today I was at the business service desk at Lowes, trying to order for
the
3rd time some metal roofing for my garage. The first time the order
came in and
was run over with a forklift, second time the re-order never got placed
even though
the clerk said he placed it, and now am waiting for the third order.
As I waited there for service a woman came over and complained the she
was trying to buy kitchen cabinets in the cabinet dept, but nobody was
available
to help her. She was pleading with them to have someone meet her there

to help her.
This was right after I was in the tile dept. where a customer asked
"are those
25 pound bags of grout the smallest you have"? The clerk answered,
"yes,
and we have 10 pound bags too."

Oh well.

thetiler

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio...opic=contactUs

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

ah... the joys of minimum wage. You do know what it means when an
employer pays minimum wage, right? The unspoken message is: "If we
could pay you less, we would"

That doesn't really attract quality help.

On the other hand, I HAVE been to some HD stores where there would be
just such a helpful "old timer" as you describe. It's rare, but they
do exist and it's usually a joy to speak to people who's vocabulary
consists of more than: "duuude" and "huh?"

Posted to alt.home.repair
Stubby

What do you expect from a bunch of out-of-work brain surgeons and
rocket scientists? It you want an expert who is polite and knowlegable,
you will have to hire one and take him with you to the store.

thetiler wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

In the last 20 years, I've been in a Home Depot and/or Lowes about 4 times.
It always takes twice as long as other stores and for the time you waste,
you don't save that much money. What I don't understand, is why do you
continue to shop there. When you're in business, time is money.

"thetiler" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours. I
can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the time
I can get there.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"louie" wrote in message
ps.com...
Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours. I
can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the time
I can get there.

Next time you're at one of your "real" hardware stores, you should ask the
manager or owner when they're having their going out of business sale. He'll
look at you like you're crazy, and then you can explain that the store's
hours are only appropriate for the unemployed who can visit any time of the
day, before 5:00. My local hardware store's open till 7:00 Mon-Fri, except
Thursday until 8:00. At least it's enough time to catch the majority of
people who leave work by 6:00. Another store nearby was only open until
5:30. That store's gone.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Banty

In article , Doug Kanter says...

"louie" wrote in message
ups.com...
Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours. I
can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the time
I can get there.

Next time you're at one of your "real" hardware stores, you should ask the
manager or owner when they're having their going out of business sale. He'll
look at you like you're crazy, and then you can explain that the store's
hours are only appropriate for the unemployed who can visit any time of the
day, before 5:00. My local hardware store's open till 7:00 Mon-Fri, except
Thursday until 8:00. At least it's enough time to catch the majority of
people who leave work by 6:00. Another store nearby was only open until
5:30. That store's gone.

Yep.

The smaller stores complain that they're being underpriced.

Wrong.

I'll pay a little more for someone knowledgable to talk to, and, when I'm
getting something I didn't think I needed for a weekend project, really,
honestly, I'm not going to go price-shopping all over heck for it.

They've been out-houred more than under-priced.

Banks woke up and realized they couldn't have their famous "banker's hours" and
close at 3:00 pm in the afternoon and changed all that. Hardware stores and
suppliers are now finally 'getting it'.

Banty (been a little family outfit for skeighty eight years and had those hours
for skeighty-eight years?? GOOD! You'll have been in the community for
skeighty-eight years and should have some good connections as to who to hire to
extend your hours!)

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

We were lucky at the time we redid our 2.5 bathrooms as the clerk
worked as a civil servant for the Dept of Navy and moonlighted at HD.
Has was a plumber and had endless energy that showed when he ran up
the ladder to retrieve something stored overhead.

On 5 Jan 2006 20:56:52 -0800, "thetiler" wrote:

This was right after I was in the tile dept. where a customer asked
"are those
25 pound bags of grout the smallest you have"? The clerk answered,
"yes,
and we have 10 pound bags too."

Oh well.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Robert Allison

Doug Kanter wrote:
"louie" wrote in message
ps.com...

Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours. I
can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the time
I can get there.

Next time you're at one of your "real" hardware stores, you should ask the
manager or owner when they're having their going out of business sale. He'll
look at you like you're crazy, and then you can explain that the store's
hours are only appropriate for the unemployed who can visit any time of the
day, before 5:00. My local hardware store's open till 7:00 Mon-Fri, except
Thursday until 8:00. At least it's enough time to catch the majority of
people who leave work by 6:00. Another store nearby was only open until
5:30. That store's gone.

That is only true to the extent that the hardware store caters
to homeowners. The "real" hardware stores and suppliers that
I use don't really care that much for "shoppers". They cater
to people like me (general contractor) that may not even come
to the store at all. I will call and say that I need 200
bolts of some kind and then have one of my helpers go and pick
them up or just have them delivered. When I need plumbing
supplies or electrical, I call my plumber or electrician.
When I need lumber, I fax a list to my "real" lumberyard and
they deliver it. For those of us that are "unemployed" and do
this for a living, the hours are just fine. Except for those
times that we have failed to PLAN AHEAD and have to run to
home depot for something just because it is open.

When that hardware store goes out of business, then you will
HAVE to rely on the borgs, where you will have to special
order anything but the most commonly used items.

I will admit that alot of stores have closed due to
competition. If it were not for us "unemployed" contractors
and service people, they would probably be long gone already.

Just to give you an example; I am a small general contractor.
Since it is the end of the year, I can tell you that I have
spent about $26,000 at the borgs. Compared to about $240,000
at "real" lumberyards, hardware stores, and other suppliers.
As long as we are here, they may have a chance to survive.

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Robert Allison" wrote in message

For those of us that are "unemployed" ....

You know what I meant. Another example: There's a store here, Calico Corner,
which sells custom window coverings. Open 10 to 5:30, all weekdays. It
obviously caters to stay-at-home ladies who have nothing better to do. If
you have an 8 to 5 kind of job, you're supposed to tell your boss you need 3
hours off to go curtain shopping??

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

Robert Allison wrote:
Doug Kanter wrote:
"louie" wrote in message
ps.com...

[...]

That's their problem, they don't care much for "shoppers". Yet all
these shoppers continue to keep HD and Lowes in business. Apparently
us "shoppers" have a little more money than the hardware stores
realize.

I will admit that alot of stores have closed due to
competition. If it were not for us "unemployed" contractors
and service people, they would probably be long gone already.

Just to give you an example; I am a small general contractor.
Since it is the end of the year, I can tell you that I have
spent about $26,000 at the borgs. Compared to about $240,000
at "real" lumberyards, hardware stores, and other suppliers.
As long as we are here, they may have a chance to survive.

Maybe, but if they continue to ignore the regular 9-5 or 9-6 (or 8-6 in
some cases) workers, you may end up buying everything from the borg.

I ALWAYS go to HD. There's a true value about 1/2 mile further down
the road, but I find their prices high, they don't have nearly as much
stuff, and they don't have any more knowledgable people on their floor
then HD. AND their hours suck. The one by me isn't even open on
Sunday...

Hell, HD was open new year's day from 8-5.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

"thetiler" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have no idea why these large stores don't put at least one
experienced
old-timer in these departments to be a help to people.

In the beginning, that's what they did. But then they found that they could
survive without the expertise and save money on wages. Unfortunately, many
of their competitors are moving in that direction, also, in order to
compete. Companies like Sears, who used to pay a wage that could support a
family, now use the excuse that they "need to be competitive" as a reason to
cut wages and benefits. All this would be ok but I don't understand why my
gasoline, gas, electric, loan interest, etc., etc. costs keep going up if
all of these companies are cutting costs to "remain competitive". Why can't
I tell the gasoline stations and utilities that "I'm sorry but you won't be
able to raise your prices because my wages have not gone up". (please
note "sarcasm")
Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Bud

nospambob wrote:
We were lucky at the time we redid our 2.5 bathrooms as the clerk
worked as a civil servant for the Dept of Navy and moonlighted at HD.
Has was a plumber and had endless energy that showed when he ran up
the ladder to retrieve something stored overhead.

When I was 17-18 (20 yrs ago) I worked at a radioshack for a couple of
years. The 5pm-9 guy I worked with just started his own business and
moonlighted at RS. He was an engineer, decent people skills, and very
smart. I was a computer geek (WAS??) and we both made $10+ an hour
(commission). Not bad for 1985 (about $17.75 in today's $$$).

We had people come into our store just because we knew what the hell we
were talking about, and we offered service. The soccer mom who's
cordless phone went bad came in because we would solder the leads on
for free for her. If we had time we'd build stuff for people all the
time. The engineer would design some circuits for people, I would
create a wiring diagram for people who had no clue how to hook up their
cable box, VCR, and 3 TV. I even wrote a BASIC program for a lawyer
who wanted to make a word search puzzle for his kid.

And we didn't close at 5.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Patrick Cleburne

For those of us that are "unemployed" ....

You know what I meant. Another example: There's a store here, Calico
Corner, which sells custom window coverings. Open 10 to 5:30, all
weekdays. It obviously caters to stay-at-home ladies who have nothing
better to do. If you have an 8 to 5 kind of job, you're supposed to tell
your boss you need 3 hours off to go curtain shopping??

Real men don't go curtain shopping ;-)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
It obviously caters to stay-at-home ladies who have nothing better to do.

Nothing better to do? I hope you are not serious.

My wife would be at the store during those hours if she wanted to be.
Meantime, she also ran her own successful business and raised two kids.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
It obviously caters to stay-at-home ladies who have nothing better to
do.

Nothing better to do? I hope you are not serious.

My wife would be at the store during those hours if she wanted to be.
Meantime, she also ran her own successful business and raised two kids.

There are still women around who stay home and do a lot of nothing, just
because hubby's making a boatload of money, so wifey doesn't need to work. I
don't like the image, either, but it is NOT a fantasy of mine.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"louie" wrote in message
ps.com...
Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours. I
can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the time
I can get there.

Next time you're at one of your "real" hardware stores, you should ask the
manager or owner when they're having their going out of business sale.
He'll look at you like you're crazy, and then you can explain that the
store's hours are only appropriate for the unemployed who can visit any
time of the day, before 5:00. My local hardware store's open till 7:00
Mon-Fri, except Thursday until 8:00. At least it's enough time to catch
the majority of people who leave work by 6:00. Another store nearby was
only open until 5:30. That store's gone.

My local Ace is even open Sunday morning.

Charlie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Yeah, but that was back then. In today's litigious society you'll get
sued in a split second for anything when things go bad, even though you
meant well and your intentions were to do the person a favor and help
them out. I doubt that Radio Shack would want their employees doing
these "outside of their normal policy" services today as they'd be
worried about the consequences if ever that BASIC program accidentally
erased the contents of the lawyer's hard drive (as unlikely as that
is), or if the electrical circuits that you built accidentally
electrocuted somebody or started a fire.

Unfortunately, it seems that today you should only do what you are told
/ authorized to do. If you try to be helpful and go outside of those
boundaries and things go bad, you'll get SLAMMED. Pull somebody out of
a flaming car wreck and you'll get sued if you accidentally got them
paralyzed in the process.

Too many hungry lawyers out there.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

There are still women around who stay home and do a lot of nothing, just
because hubby's making a boatload of money, so wifey doesn't need to work. I
don't like the image, either, but it is NOT a fantasy of mine.

That's because you lack imagination. Running a household properly
is one of the more complicated and directly rewarding jobs known to
humankind. It does not, unfortunately, generate a lot of cash.
The only problem with many home-makers is that they haven't
got the slightest idea what to do with the situation they find
themselves in, (or, in some cases, that they should do anything
at all.)

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Goedjn" wrote in message

There are still women around who stay home and do a lot of nothing, just
because hubby's making a boatload of money, so wifey doesn't need to work.
don't like the image, either, but it is NOT a fantasy of mine.

That's because you lack imagination. Running a household properly
is one of the more complicated and directly rewarding jobs known to
humankind. It does not, unfortunately, generate a lot of cash.
The only problem with many home-makers is that they haven't
got the slightest idea what to do with the situation they find
themselves in, (or, in some cases, that they should do anything
at all.)

Oh, I know. I'm doing it alone (divorced). It's satisfying, but a pain in
the ass sometimes. I spent 2 years in an apartment after the separation. I
told a number of friends "Gotta get outta this apartment ASAP. I need a
garden again, and I enjoy working on a house". Be careful. Sometimes you get
what you asked for. Like this week: What should've been a 20 minute faucet
washer replacement, for a total of 50 cents plus the little package of
packing cord, has turned into a nightmare because the previous owner
stripped half the fittings. Luckily, I have a plumbing store from heaven
about 10 minutes away, where they always have all the answers, and every
part known to man, even for really old houses. But still...I was planning on
being a slob on the couch tomorrow. I guess not.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Goedjn wrote:

There are still women around who stay home and do a lot of nothing, just
because hubby's making a boatload of money, so wifey doesn't need to work. I
don't like the image, either, but it is NOT a fantasy of mine.

That's because you lack imagination. Running a household properly
is one of the more complicated and directly rewarding jobs known to
humankind. It does not, unfortunately, generate a lot of cash.

What it does, if done well, is _save_ a lot of cash. Not as bovious, but
rewarding finacially none the less.

John
--
Remove the dead poet to e-mail, tho CC'd posts are unwelcome.
Mean People Suck - It takes two deviations to get cool.
Posted to alt.home.repair
CyBrShRk

Actually the HD and Lowe's in my area (South Jersey) pay WAY more than
minimum wage. I don't know if that's the case elsewhere in the country.
My wife worked there part-time years ago and I was surprised how much
they paid...actually jealous because back then I worked for Channel
Home Center and REALLY got paid minimum wage!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

clipped
As I waited there for service a woman came over and complained the she
was trying to buy kitchen cabinets in the cabinet dept, but nobody was
available
to help her. She was pleading with them to have someone meet her there

I had the same problem waiting for someone to help me try on shoes at
Walmart ) Pleading? I would go somewhere that I don't need to plead
to be waited on.

to help her.
This was right after I was in the tile dept. where a customer asked
"are those
25 pound bags of grout the smallest you have"? The clerk answered,
"yes,
and we have 10 pound bags too."

They say you get what you pay for. The box stores have replaced an
awful lot of nice small businesses, where you could get free advice with
your purchase. I know of one old hardware store that has almost
everything and staff who know how to use the products they sell. Most
knowledgeable folks with special skill use their skill to make maximum
income - why would they want to work at the box store they can't compete
with? You gonna do your banking at the Walmart bank?
Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Dan Lanciani" ddl@danlan.*com wrote in message
In article om,
(louie) writes:
| Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
| stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours.

| can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
| or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the

time
| I can get there.

Another feature of home centers is that they are actually willing to

sell
to us. We had a local place (open only to 5 of course) that had a

pretty
good selection of plumbing, electrical, and some general building
supplies.
The prices weren't great, but it was local business. They had a change

of
management and became "trades only." I went in one day to get a faucet
stem
and was told that I needed to be accompanied by a licensed plumber with

an
account. Now some years later I hear they have reconsidered and are
willing
to deal with the general public for some (non-professional?) items, but

just don't have the urge to beg them to take my money...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Look at it from their point of view: You could poke your eye out with a
faucet stem if you didn't have a licensed PROFESSIONAL there with you to
keep you safe. :-)

Oh, I can see the stores point of view- the non-pro customers, if they are a
small portion of the total business, can be a royal pain in the ass. They
need a lot more hand-holding, and generate a lot more returns. Pros come in
with a list, know exactly what they need, and if they screw up and buy the
wrong thing, don't cry about the restocking charges. If there are big-boxes
in town that cater to the amatuers, dealing with civilians just may not be
worth the hassle.

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Keith

(louie) writes:
| Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
| stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours.

| can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
| or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the

time
| I can get there.

Another feature of home centers is that they are actually willing to

sell
to us. We had a local place (open only to 5 of course) that had a

pretty
good selection of plumbing, electrical, and some general building
supplies.
The prices weren't great, but it was local business. They had a change

of
management and became "trades only." I went in one day to get a faucet
stem
and was told that I needed to be accompanied by a licensed plumber with

an
account. Now some years later I hear they have reconsidered and are
willing
to deal with the general public for some (non-professional?) items, but

just don't have the urge to beg them to take my money...

Dan Lanciani
ddl@danlan.*com

Look at it from their point of view: You could poke your eye out with a
faucet stem if you didn't have a licensed PROFESSIONAL there with you to
keep you safe. :-)

Oh, I can see the stores point of view- the non-pro customers, if they are a
small portion of the total business, can be a royal pain in the ass. They
need a lot more hand-holding, and generate a lot more returns. Pros come in
with a list, know exactly what they need, and if they screw up and buy the
wrong thing, don't cry about the restocking charges. If there are big-boxes
in town that cater to the amatuers, dealing with civilians just may not be
worth the hassle.

Sure, and that's their perogative. OTOH, several "trades" stores I've
gone to seem to rather like the homeowners business (money is money). I
go in with a list and a wad of cash (and try not to be a PITA). I have a
suspicion that these cash deals are, umm, off the books. ;-)

--
Keith
Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"Keith" wrote in message
news (snip)

[...]

Chuckle- BTDT. I grew up in the business, and can still sort of look and act
like a tradesman, as long as they can't see I didn't drive up in a beat up
pickup truck, and they don't mind that I don't have a illegible PO on a
clipboard to present. When I need something weird (aka, not available at
big-box) bad enough to take off work and find a day-shift-ony 'trade-only'
store, I try real hard to have the brand and part number, or the old one, or
a sample, or whatever, to match. When they offer to scribble out a receipt,
I just tell them that I'm not getting reimbursed, and they don't insist.
Their accounting is their problem.

After years of driving trucks out of supply house with 10k worth of
material, and just signing for it, it sure was a rude shock to have to start
actually paying cash money for supplies..... :^(

aem sends...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

On 5 Jan 2006 20:56:52 -0800, "thetiler" wrote:

I have no idea why these large stores don't put at least one
experienced old-timer in these departments to be a help to people.

It must be a store specific thing. In our area, our local Lowes has a
very informed and helpful flooring in general and tile in specific
crew managing that department while just across the street, the same
department in HD has brainless idiots. Must be the reason why I
always see a crowd at the Lowes Flooring Department buying and hardly
anyone at the same department at HD. Which shows that it does get all
sorted out in the long run, ie, our local Lowes gets all the flooring
business just because of that and the unknowing that do wonder into
HD's flooring department will soon or later be doing all their
business at Lowes.

Ref: Lowes and HD located at Exit 7, I-81, Bristol Virginia.

Regards,
Ed

Posted to alt.home.repair
thetiler

Before I made this post I went to their website to complain
(Lowes.com), but found that I had to fill in *all* the required
fields (name, address, phone, e-mail etc.) in order to complain.

https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti...tomerServ ice

I'm not interested in giving them all that information, just to
complain. It is just another example of their arrogance.

The chances of the borg stores listening to customer feedback
are about the same as the Bucs winning the super bowl this year.
(p.s. the bucs just lost to Washington)

thetiler

Posted to alt.home.repair

I remember when home ******** first started how they were supposd to
have people who had actually worked in the trades manning the
aisles...now we know if a tradesman goes to home depot...unless is old
or disabled...then he or she is worthless or lazy anyway.

Ive actually seen a home depot employee go off on a couple of customers
one time, I think he was drunk or something cause he was
cursing...talking about asshole customers....I got another HD employee
who then ran and got a manager or some supervisory person and they
removed that boy from the floor.

I help people quite a bit when in HD or lowes, especially older
folks...makes me feel good to actually be able to help someone even
though it is taking up my time and Im not getting paid to do it like
the HD/lowes employees.

I give correct accurate information too...

Anyhow...what you are descibing is not limited to HD/Lowes....its an
infection that is rapidly spreading across america.....its called fat
lazy and ignorant american worker syndrome.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"thetiler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Before I made this post I went to their website to complain
(Lowes.com), but found that I had to fill in *all* the required
fields (name, address, phone, e-mail etc.) in order to complain.

https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti...tomerServ ice

I'm not interested in giving them all that information, just to
complain. It is just another example of their arrogance.

No, i t is a way that they can eliminate the BS from a few people that would
send hundreds of forms a day for fun. . Fill in the blanks with an X and it
will work.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"thetiler" wrote in message
oups.com...
Before I made this post I went to their website to complain
(Lowes.com), but found that I had to fill in *all* the required
fields (name, address, phone, e-mail etc.) in order to complain.

https://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?acti...tomerServ ice

I'm not interested in giving them all that information, just to
complain. It is just another example of their arrogance.

The chances of the borg stores listening to customer feedback
are about the same as the Bucs winning the super bowl this year.
(p.s. the bucs just lost to Washington)

thetiler

When you bitch, they send you coupons. Pretty big ones, too.

Posted to alt.home.repair
coorslte

wrote:
[...]

true....a couple of years ago at a local large electronics store, I was
looking at a Notebook PC. I know computers but this particular PC had
a connector (or buss) that I didn't recognize. I asked an employee who
looked at the label and began reading it to me....I almost exploded with
laughter but let him finish reading. I then asked him to go find
someone knowledgeable who could help me because I didn't need help
reading. The department manager came over and apologized, got my
question and proceded to read the label a 2nd time to me. This time, I
asked him if he could get the manual for me on this display model,
looked up the answer I needed and made sure the Manager and the employee
knew the answer for the next poor soul who asked.