Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

Default Amazed at Box Store Apathy (long)

clipped
As I waited there for service a woman came over and complained the she
was trying to buy kitchen cabinets in the cabinet dept, but nobody was
available
to help her. She was pleading with them to have someone meet her there

I had the same problem waiting for someone to help me try on shoes at
Walmart ) Pleading? I would go somewhere that I don't need to plead
to be waited on.

to help her.
This was right after I was in the tile dept. where a customer asked
"are those
25 pound bags of grout the smallest you have"? The clerk answered,
"yes,
and we have 10 pound bags too."

They say you get what you pay for. The box stores have replaced an
awful lot of nice small businesses, where you could get free advice with
your purchase. I know of one old hardware store that has almost
everything and staff who know how to use the products they sell. Most
knowledgeable folks with special skill use their skill to make maximum
income - why would they want to work at the box store they can't compete
with? You gonna do your banking at the Walmart bank?