Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie Bress

Default Amazed at Box Store Apathy (long)

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"louie" wrote in message
ps.com...
Unfortunately, for me and probably many others who continue to feed
stores like HD, the only saving grace of these stores are the hours. I
can go in there after work hours and get what I need for that evening
or weekend project. Many local hardware stores have closed by the time
I can get there.

Next time you're at one of your "real" hardware stores, you should ask the
manager or owner when they're having their going out of business sale.
He'll look at you like you're crazy, and then you can explain that the
store's hours are only appropriate for the unemployed who can visit any
time of the day, before 5:00. My local hardware store's open till 7:00
Mon-Fri, except Thursday until 8:00. At least it's enough time to catch
the majority of people who leave work by 6:00. Another store nearby was
only open until 5:30. That store's gone.

My local Ace is even open Sunday morning.

Charlie