Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

Default Amazed at Box Store Apathy (long)

On 5 Jan 2006 20:56:52 -0800, "thetiler" wrote:

I have no idea why these large stores don't put at least one
experienced old-timer in these departments to be a help to people.

It must be a store specific thing. In our area, our local Lowes has a
very informed and helpful flooring in general and tile in specific
crew managing that department while just across the street, the same
department in HD has brainless idiots. Must be the reason why I
always see a crowd at the Lowes Flooring Department buying and hardly
anyone at the same department at HD. Which shows that it does get all
sorted out in the long run, ie, our local Lowes gets all the flooring
business just because of that and the unknowing that do wonder into
HD's flooring department will soon or later be doing all their
business at Lowes.

Ref: Lowes and HD located at Exit 7, I-81, Bristol Virginia.

Regards,
Ed