Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

Default Amazed at Box Store Apathy (long)

"thetiler" wrote in message
oups.com...

I have no idea why these large stores don't put at least one
experienced
old-timer in these departments to be a help to people.

In the beginning, that's what they did. But then they found that they could
survive without the expertise and save money on wages. Unfortunately, many
of their competitors are moving in that direction, also, in order to
compete. Companies like Sears, who used to pay a wage that could support a
family, now use the excuse that they "need to be competitive" as a reason to
cut wages and benefits. All this would be ok but I don't understand why my
gasoline, gas, electric, loan interest, etc., etc. costs keep going up if
all of these companies are cutting costs to "remain competitive". Why can't
I tell the gasoline stations and utilities that "I'm sorry but you won't be
able to raise your prices because my wages have not gone up". (please
note "sarcasm")
Tom G.