Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 3/7/2012 8:13 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:14:49 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

snip history of gas prices at the Arco.

There is currently no working alternative energy solutions for
transportation. None.

basilisk

Uh, propane? LNG? Electric? hybrid-Electric?
Maybe not the ultimate alternate but we gots to start somewhere.

Dave in Texas

But that does not replace gasoline in range, utility, and affordability.
Those three factors have to be better than gasoline or diesel before
those that watch closely how they spend their money will consider a
switch. IMHO propane is the best alternative so far as it has been in
use for decades and the change over is doable on most any vehicle.

So far gasoline/oil and its vast abundance will be the low price leader.
Because the price is dedicated to us there is no reason to believe
that an alternative fuel will not also have its price dictated to us.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

On 3/7/2012 8:13 AM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

LNG is equivalent for all intents and purposes and has been available for
many decades in parallel with gasoline and diesel in Europe. It's a
question of setting up a distribution network here in the US. Simple in
principle, but the execution has to overcome hurdles. It would be simple
if individual States would collectively set a low rate of taxes compared
to other fuels.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:14:49 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

snip history of gas prices at the Arco.

There is currently no working alternative energy solutions for
transportation. None.

basilisk

Uh, propane?

A product of petroleum.

LNG?

Can't carry LNG in a vehicle as it has to vent to maintain temperature.
Natural gas won't liquify under pressure alone as propane will.
Price and availability is also controled by the same energy brokers as oil
is.

Electric?

Which is provided by coal and nuclear.
Most electricity is generated by coal, this isn't going to change in any
of or lifetimes.

hybrid-Electric?

Coal, nuclear and petroleum

Maybe not the ultimate alternate but we gots to start somewhere.

Maybe when fusion nuclear power is perfected, along with better batteries,
but as Leon says the price will still be dictated by the powers that be.

Dave in Texas

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

basilisk wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:14:49 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

snip history of gas prices at the Arco.

There is currently no working alternative energy solutions for
transportation. None.

basilisk

Uh, propane?

A product of petroleum.

LNG?

Can't carry LNG in a vehicle as it has to vent to maintain
temperature. Natural gas won't liquify under pressure alone as propane
will. Price and availability is also controled by the same energy
brokers as oil is.

Gasoline too needs a vent. The fact that there has been LNG (also called
autogas) available throughout most of Europe for decades proves it can be
done. Since I have an affinity for Holland, here is a Dutch link:
http://www.autogas.nl/

Electric?

Which is provided by coal and nuclear.
Most electricity is generated by coal, this isn't going to change in
any of or lifetimes.

hybrid-Electric?

Coal, nuclear and petroleum

Maybe not the ultimate alternate but we gots to start somewhere.

Maybe when fusion nuclear power is perfected, along with better
batteries, but as Leon says the price will still be dictated by the
powers that be.

Dave in Texas

Electric cars would be much better to reuse braking for energy-
regeneration. Moreover, the efficiency of electric cars is greater than
gasoline powered cars. Remains the battery/range problem. So far
electrics areno good as general travel vehicles other than very local.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 07 Mar 2012 15:32:26 GMT, Han wrote:

basilisk wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:14:49 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

snip history of gas prices at the Arco.

There is currently no working alternative energy solutions for
transportation. None.

basilisk

Uh, propane?

A product of petroleum.

LNG?

Can't carry LNG in a vehicle as it has to vent to maintain
temperature. Natural gas won't liquify under pressure alone as propane
will. Price and availability is also controled by the same energy
brokers as oil is.

Gasoline too needs a vent. The fact that there has been LNG (also called
autogas) available throughout most of Europe for decades proves it can be
done. Since I have an affinity for Holland, here is a Dutch link:
http://www.autogas.nl

Link didn't help, as I don't know Dutch, searching elsewhere....

Ok, I'm wrong about the usefulness of LNG as a fuel,
I can see that it may have a place in urban areas. I don't see that
it would help cost with the cost of fuel, or that anybody would
put in the infrasturcture to make it widely available in the US.

At least not until the last drop of oil has been burned.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

basilisk wrote in
:

On 07 Mar 2012 15:32:26 GMT, Han wrote:

basilisk wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Look at supply and demand. In Europe there were around the '60s huge
newly discovered sources of NG. That may be similar to the doscoveries
of useful and abundant supplies of NG in the US in recent years. The
latter has driven down the cost of NG and because of that of oil (even if
you can't see that at the pump). Add to that favorable taxation ploicies
(in Europe) of NG vs gasoline, and the increased costs of converting an
existing car to burn LNG disappear, especially for cars that are run more
miles/year. I can't find the reference to a recent announcement of a
fleet of cars being converted to LNG/CNG, but there was one.

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote in message

On 07 Mar 2012 15:32:26 GMT, Han wrote:

basilisk wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

I know one rancher who for years converted his farm/ranch vehicles to
propane. But, that was when propane was roughly half the cost of gasoline.
No longer the case. Like ethanol, propane does not generate the energy that
gasoline does so somewhat less mpg.

Dave in Texas

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/7/2012 10:59 AM, Han wrote:
wrote in
:

On 07 Mar 2012 15:32:26 GMT, Han wrote:

wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Supply and demand simply does not factor in when talking energy. It is
and will continue to be, "what the market will bare". You mention
abundant supplies of NG have been discovered in the US. True but NG
prices are still way more than they were in the 60's.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 3/7/2012 12:57 PM, Dave in Texas wrote:
"basilisk" wrote in message

On 07 Mar 2012 15:32:26 GMT, Han wrote:

basilisk wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

The beauty to propane however is that engines last much longer and run
much cleaner than on gasoline. Maintenance is much less.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"basilisk" wrote:

There is currently no working alternative energy solutions for
transportation. None.

------------------------------------
There are currently operating entire bus fleets of buses on CNG.

CNG for large fleet operations represents a lot of low hanging fruit
toward the goal of reducing diesel consumption.

Not only is it cleaner burning than diesel, but lower cost.

Reducing total diesel consumption by 5%-10% the first year is not only
obtainable, but would also reduce our dependance on oil.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

------------------------------------
There are currently operating entire bus fleets of buses on CNG.

CNG for large fleet operations represents a lot of low hanging fruit
toward the goal of reducing diesel consumption.

Not only is it cleaner burning than diesel, but lower cost.

Reducing total diesel consumption by 5%-10% the first year is not
only obtainable, but would also reduce our dependance on oil.

----------------------------------
Forgot to state that over the road 18 wheeler fleets are prime targets
for CNG conversion.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 13:01:15 -0700, Leon wrote
(in article ) :

The beauty to propane however is that engines last much longer and run
much cleaner than on gasoline. Maintenance is much less.

I've seen the inside of a very high mileage (several 100K) propane conversion
engine. Spotless!

Only disadvantages I can think of were lower power, sometimes gets issues
when very cold, and of course that huge-ass barbecue bottle in the truck
bed...

-BR

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 7, 3:32*pm, Han wrote:

Gasoline too needs a vent. *The fact that there has been LNG (also called
autogas) available throughout most of Europe for decades proves it can be
done. *Since I have an affinity for Holland, here is a Dutch link:http://www.autogas.nl/

Autogas is actually LPG.

CNG is available, but it's MUCH less popular than LPG.

Electric cars would be much better to reuse braking for energy-
regeneration. *Moreover, the efficiency of electric cars is greater than
gasoline powered cars. *Remains the battery/range problem. *So far
electrics areno good as general travel vehicles other than very local.

We have hybrid-electric buses here. I think they are diesel-electric,
and some CNG-electric. They are apparently very good in terms of
energy use.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 7, 6:57*pm, "Dave in Texas"
wrote:

* * I know one rancher who for years converted his farm/ranch vehicles to
propane. *But, that was when propane was roughly half the cost of gasoline.
No longer the case. *Like ethanol, propane does not generate the energy that
gasoline does so somewhat less mpg.

If an engine is properly converted to use propane, it can be well
worthwhile. Canadians, at least in BC, do this - none of this half-
arsed 'dual fuel' bull**** that we tend to get in the UK, where the
engine isn't tuned properly for either fuel, and therefore suffers!

The other benefit of Propane, as someone else has stated, is that the
engine tends to stay cleaner for longer.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 8, 2:07*pm, Bruce wrote:

Only disadvantages I can think of were lower power,

That can be the case for propane conversion which use the sort of
system where the gas is vapourised before it's sucked into the
cylinder, but as I understand it, there are now liquid injection
systems which surpass the power available from using petrol as a fuel.
Propane also has a higher octane rating, so higher compression engines
can be used.

sometimes gets issues when very cold

Ha ha! Yes, but it has to be VERY cold! Here in Britain, there are
many armchair experts who state with all the authority they can muster
that you cannot use a solely propane-fuelled car as it won't ignite
from cold in winter. They then look puzzled when I state that from
experience, cranking over a propane fuelled engine in minus twenty
degree Celsius temperature was no problem!

However, I completely agree that there are parts of North America
where winter starting can be a problem, but as I understand it, there
are systems in place to deal with this - similar to block heaters,
etc. The average Brit just can't comprehend a really cold winter!

Posted to rec.woodworking

Bruce wrote in news

I've seen the inside of a very high mileage (several 100K) propane
conversion engine. Spotless!

Only disadvantages I can think of were lower power, sometimes gets
issues when very cold, and of course that huge-ass barbecue bottle in
the truck bed...

-BR

If they put a grill outlet on that thing, it'd be great for tailgating.
:-)

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/04/11).

Gas is $3.77/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(03/04/11).
---------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/11/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.81/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.
------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except two weeks later (03/24/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.87/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.
------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (04/01/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.91/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
morning (04/01/11)
-----------------------------------
Gas is ONLY $3.93/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/01/11).
Gas is ONLY $3.99/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Monday
afternoon.(04/03/11).
Gas is ONLY $4.07/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Monday
afternoon.(04/11/11).

Wonder what Friday will bring?
Gas is ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/15/11).
Gas is still ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/22/11).
We are still gaining on it.

Gas is still ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/29/11).

Looks like the rest of the country is catching up with California
this week.
Spoke too soon,

Later today (04/29/11), gas is now ONLY $4.13/gal at the local
cash & carry Arco this Friday afternoon.(04/29/11).

Surprise!!

Monday morning (05/09/11), the price of gas is now $4.09/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Thursday morning (05/12/11), the price of gas is now $4.05/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
Another surprise.

Monday morning (05/16/11), the price of gas is now $3.99/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Looks like the crest is still holding, at least for the moment.

Alternate energy anybody?

Looks like Lowes is starting to sell solar panel systems,
at least here in California.
Are they playing with us or what?

Friday afternoon (05/20/11), the price of gas is now $3.95/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco which is still above 04/01/11 price levels.
-------------------------------------
Monday morning (05/23/11), the price of gas is now $3.89/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Are they jerking our chains or what?
-------------------------------------
Tuesday morning (05/24/11), the price of gas is now $3.85/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (06/03/11), the price of gas is now $3.81/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/07/11), the price of gas is now $3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (06/13/11), the price of gas is now $3.77/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/14/11), the price of gas is now $3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (06/17/11), the price of gas is now $3.74/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/21/11), the price of gas is now $3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (06/23/11), the price of gas is now $3.69/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (06/27/11), the price of gas is now $3.65/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (06/29/11), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (07/04/11), the price of gas is now $3.59/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday morning (07/15/11), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

Guess the sleigh ride is over.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday morning (08/09/11), the price of gas is now $3.59/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

-------------------------------------
Thursday evening (08/11/11), the price of gas is now $3.55/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

Haven't seen that price since 02/26/11.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (08/15/11), the price of gas is now $3.53/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (08/22/11), the price of gas is now back up to
$3.55/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (08/26/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (08/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (09/01/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday evening (09/01/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday evening (09/02/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.85/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
WEdnesday evening (09/14/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.83/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday evening (09/16/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (09/22/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (09/25/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.73/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (09/26/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (09/28/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.69/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (09/30/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.65/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (10/3/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.61/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/04/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/11/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.65/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (10/12/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.69/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (10/14/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.73/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/18/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.77/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Saturday afternoon (10/22/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.73/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/25/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.69/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (11/15/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.65/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (11/21/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Saturday afternoon (11/26/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco, which is where this
all started on 02/26/11.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (11/29/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.49/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (12/02/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.45/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
The chain jerking continues.
-------------------------------------
Monday morning (12/05/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.43/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (12/09/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.39/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (12/14/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.35/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (12/19/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.29/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Merry Christmas, (12/25/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.35/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon, (12/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.39/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (12/29/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.45/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Saturday morning afternoon, (12/31/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.49/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
Happy New Year.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon, (01/02/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (01/26/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.57/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (01/29/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.59/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (02/02/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.61/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon, (02/08/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.63/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon, (02/10/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.69/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
------------------------------------
Sunday night, (02/12/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.73/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon, (02/15/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.75/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (02/16/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.79/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon, (02/17/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.85/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday night, (02/17/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.89/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.

That's a $0.20/gal increase in a week.

-------------------------------------
Monday night, (02/20/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.93/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday night, (02/21/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.97/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday night, (02/22/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.03/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday night, (02/23/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.11/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday night, (02/27/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.19/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday night, (02/28/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.23/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday night, (02/29/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.25/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday night, (03/01/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.27/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Tuesday night, (03/06/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.23/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Monday night, (03/19/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.17/gal at the local cash & carry

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Thursday night, (03/22/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.15/gal at the local cash & carry

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Monday night, (03/26/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.13/gal at the local cash & carry

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Saturday night, (03/31/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.09/gal at the local cash & carry

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 01 Apr 2012 14:42:34 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

(nothing)

Just plonk Lew, Leon. It's easier than repetitively posting empty
messages to get the message across that his 13 month long tirade is
not in the interest of the group, any of us, or him. He isn't paying
attention.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

(nothing)

Just plonk Lew, Leon. It's easier than repetitively posting empty
messages to get the message across that his 13 month long tirade is
not in the interest of the group, any of us, or him. He isn't paying
attention.

When I read posts in this thread I expect to learn the price of gas at
Arco in southern California! What the heck happened???

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

(nothing)

Just plonk Lew, Leon. It's easier than repetitively posting empty
messages to get the message across that his 13 month long tirade is
not in the interest of the group, any of us, or him. He isn't paying
attention.

When I read posts in this thread I expect to learn the price of gas at
Arco in southern California! What the heck happened???

Leon is balking at the idiot in LoCal who has posted 3-500 lines of
bull**** every day for 13 months now. I finally plonked Lew for it.

--
Life is an escalator:
You can move forward or backward;
you can not remain still.
-- Patricia Russell-McCloud
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Monday afternoon, (04/09/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.05/gal at the local cash & carry

BTW, price of gas on Catalina Island is $7.03/gal this afternoon.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Canuck gas is $1.39 / l. or $5.25 per US gallon 100m from your border.
Suck it up cupcake!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 9 Apr 2012 22:37:28 -0400, "m II" wrote:

[...]

Last week in Santa Cruz de Tenerife, 95 octane gasoline was 1.079
euros per liter
Posted to rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote:

Dare I ask, who is going to help us with oil our troubles???

---------------------------------
This is a self help exercise.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.05/gal at the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.19/gal at the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 13 May 2012 17:19:54 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

-------------------------------------
Saturday night, (03/31/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.09/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon, (04/09/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.05/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.19/gal at the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Seems like you are getting hosed big time. the 5/13 price around here
is lower than the 4/9 price was.

Saturday price
In CT, 3.99 In MA, 3.69. I saw some 3.47 in SC a couple of weeks
ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.19/gal at the
local cash& carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

$3.69/gal here at the local Meijer in Indianapolis.
I mowed the whole yard.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Seems like you are getting hosed big time. the 5/13 price around
here
is lower than the 4/9 price was.

Saturday price
In CT, 3.99 In MA, 3.69. I saw some 3.47 in SC a couple of weeks
ago.

-----------------------------
It's a matter of supply & demand.

The number of refineries who can refine fuel to meet CA air quality
standards is limited and several of them are just completing "turn
arounds" to adjust refineries and get back on line to produce summer
fuels.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/13/2012 6:25 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Snip

-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.05/gal at the
local cash& carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

California brass hose fittings, cancer warning label.

California lawn sprinkler, cancer warning label.

New bicycle built in California, cancer warning label.

The chain keeps jerking

Alternatives to dealing with California anybody?
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/13/2012 11:37 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

Seems like you are getting hosed big time. the 5/13 price around
here
is lower than the 4/9 price was.

Saturday price
In CT, 3.99 In MA, 3.69. I saw some 3.47 in SC a couple of weeks
ago.

-----------------------------
It's a matter of supply& demand.

BULL ****!

It iw what you people in California are willing to pay. Supply has
hardly ever been better!

The number of refineries who can refine fuel to meet CA air quality
standards is limited and several of them are just completing "turn
arounds" to adjust refineries and get back on line to produce summer
fuels.

Exactly, you are willing to pay for "special" fuel. You get what you
vote for.

If there was a supply problem your prices would never go down.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:
On 5/13/2012 6:25 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Snip

-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.05/gal at
the local cash& carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

California brass hose fittings, cancer warning label.

California lawn sprinkler, cancer warning label.

New bicycle built in California, cancer warning label.

The chain keeps jerking

Alternatives to dealing with California anybody?

I wish a manufacturerer would grow a pair and just tell Calif to FO and
that they wouldn't make their products available in Calif.

sawmill creek down? alexy Woodworking 3 September 2nd 06 10:10 PM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 33 October 25th 05 09:35 AM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... Jinzo Musume Lime-chan Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 06:01 PM
[I] EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 03:44 PM
Wet weather creek problems Mark Darbyshire Home Repair 1 September 5th 03 08:04 PM