Posted to rec.woodworking
basilisk[_2_] basilisk[_2_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On 07 Mar 2012 15:32:26 GMT, Han wrote:

basilisk wrote in
:

On Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:13:49 -0600, Dave in Texas wrote:

"basilisk" wrote in message
.. .

On Tue, 6 Mar 2012 20:14:49 -0800, Lew Hodgett wrote:

snip history of gas prices at the Arco.

There is currently no working alternative energy solutions for
transportation. None.

basilisk

Uh, propane?

A product of petroleum.

LNG?

Can't carry LNG in a vehicle as it has to vent to maintain
temperature. Natural gas won't liquify under pressure alone as propane
will. Price and availability is also controled by the same energy
brokers as oil is.

Gasoline too needs a vent. The fact that there has been LNG (also called
autogas) available throughout most of Europe for decades proves it can be
done. Since I have an affinity for Holland, here is a Dutch link:
http://www.autogas.nl

Link didn't help, as I don't know Dutch, searching elsewhere....

Ok, I'm wrong about the usefulness of LNG as a fuel,
I can see that it may have a place in urban areas. I don't see that
it would help cost with the cost of fuel, or that anybody would
put in the infrasturcture to make it widely available in the US.

At least not until the last drop of oil has been burned.

basilisk