Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Mon, 14 May 2012 15:20:01 -0500, Swingman wrote:
Remember, it's LALA Land ... progressives may have felt that a warning
label was necessary to discourage brass hose fittings from ending up
where the sun don't shine.

And if that sunless location was the intended target, this may help.
http://store.adam4adam.com/the-brass...ildo_2247.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 14 May 2012 17:59:24 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 5/14/2012 5:35 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet writes:
On 5/14/2012 4:21 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com writes:
Scott your missing the point. Half these companies put the label on
regardless. Because to be caught without it they could be criminally
negligent if something were to be used for one batch. So they put it on
everything.

Actually, I'm trying to fight the misinformation that you and Leon keep
spouting. You've just made another statement with no factual evidence
backing it up.

And please, stop top-posting.

You can hate california all you want, they don't want you anyway.

scott

I posted numerous web sites with the California non shipping problem.

Now you have been informed.

None of them had anything to do with prop65.

California has more restrictive gun laws than other states. So what, it's
their choice (and had you lived in East LA, or Oakland, you'd understand why).

I'm done with this.

scott

Try to stay on subject Scott

I said:

I often see shipping comments that a product cannot be shipped to AL,
Hi, or CA.

You said:

Evidence and examples, please.

I answered you question and gave you and Lew multiple examples, Now you
are introducing a different twist for the sake of argument.

Now you see why Scott's name has been put into so many of our twit
filters, Leon. sigh His "East L.A." comment is typical of the
idiocrats he represents.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
nospam@nospam says...

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
.. .
tiredofspam nospam.nospam.com writes:
Because it's stupid.
The label can cause cancer in California.

Why doesn't California just put out a blanket statement that anything
can cause cancer but only in California. :-)

Please point out a single example of a warning label that doesn't apply to
a known toxin. No anecdotal evidence allowed, you must show that the
chemical
(or chemical residue) being warned about is not part of the labelled item.

scott

(my only concern with the warning labels is the 'cried wolf' syndrome
vis-a-vis
extremely low concentration levels).

caramel coloring

It's not just "cry wolf" with low concentration levels, it's that
everything, whether there's anything carcinogenic in it or not, has a
warning label so the label becomes meaningless.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:

Why? What's the problem with the warning labels?

Nothing at all Scott, if they are reasonable and practical. You have to
admit that CA has taken the warning lable thing to rediculous levels.

FYI, california has more than 10% of the US market for anything. A
manufacturer would have to be pretty stupid to not make their
products available in california.

Likely, quite true. Too bad...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/14/2012 2:02 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com writes:
Because it's stupid.
The label can cause cancer in California.

Why doesn't California just put out a blanket statement that
anything can cause cancer but only in California. :-)

Please point out a single example of a warning label that doesn't
apply to
a known toxin. No anecdotal evidence allowed, you must show that
the chemical (or chemical residue) being warned about is not part
of the labelled item.

scott

Solid Brass fittings.

To enhance the machinability of brass, lead is often added in
concentrations of around 2%. Since lead has a lower melting point
than the other constituents of the brass, it tends to migrate
towards the grain boundaries in the form of globules as it cools
from casting. The pattern the globules form on the surface of the
brass increases the available lead surface area which in turn
affects the degree of leaching. In addition, cutting operations can
smear the lead globules over the surface. These effects can lead to
significant lead leaching from brasses of comparatively low lead
content

You'll need to try better.

scott

So read what you posted Scott - and to use your own words - no anecdotal
evidence allowed. Please provide the evidence of this "problem"...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/14/2012 3:41 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

Why? What's the problem with the warning labels?

Exactly! Do you really think you could get cancer from buying and
using a brass hose fitting or lawn sprinkler???

I'd much rather know that my brass fittings have a small amount of
lead in them, particularly if I have small children around.

scott

Umm do you live in California or just wish you lived there???

I've lived in 5 states, including california. They all have good
points and they all have bad points. I wouldn't class the prop65
warnings as either good or bad, just a point, and one that has the
potential of making my life better and longer.

Do you have reason to believe that - or do you just hope that is true?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Scott Lurndal wrote:

None of them had anything to do with prop65.

California has more restrictive gun laws than other states. So what,
it's their choice (and had you lived in East LA, or Oakland, you'd
understand why).

I'm done with this.

Your head is really in the sand Scott. Those restrictive gun laws have done
exactly what, to control the already illegal activities in those areas you
mentioned? Oh well - it makes you feel good...

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

I understand that.

I have a brain and I am not self centered and superficial
, therefore I would not fit in..

Scott, your obviously one of the reasons that Cali is so screwed up.
You don't know reality from bull****. You choose BS. These warnings
mean nothing.

You get the label on your forehead. Wear it with Pride.

On 5/14/2012 5:21 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
tiredofspamnospam.nospam.com writes:
Scott your missing the point. Half these companies put the label on
regardless. Because to be caught without it they could be criminally
negligent if something were to be used for one batch. So they put it on
everything.

Actually, I'm trying to fight the misinformation that you and Leon keep
spouting. You've just made another statement with no factual evidence
backing it up.

And please, stop top-posting.

You can hate california all you want, they don't want you anyway.

scott

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Your head is really in the sand Scott. Those restrictive gun laws
have done exactly what, to control the already illegal activities in
those areas you mentioned? Oh well - it makes you feel good...

-----------------------------------
In the SFWIW category, L/A police in conjunction with Ralph's grocery
chain ran a program over the weekend where turning in a weapon earned
you either a $100 or $200 food chit redeemable at Ralph's, no
questions asked.

Collected around 6,000 weapons including rocket launchers, AK47s and
almost 3,000 hand guns.

They will make pretty good rebar.

The program just keeps getting bigger every year.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Your head is really in the sand Scott. Those restrictive gun laws
have done exactly what, to control the already illegal activities in
those areas you mentioned? Oh well - it makes you feel good...

-----------------------------------
In the SFWIW category, L/A police in conjunction with Ralph's grocery
chain ran a program over the weekend where turning in a weapon earned
you either a $100 or $200 food chit redeemable at Ralph's, no
questions asked.

Collected around 6,000 weapons including rocket launchers, AK47s and
almost 3,000 hand guns.

They will make pretty good rebar.

The program just keeps getting bigger every year.

Good thing those restrictive gun laws were in place, huh?

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:
-----------------------------------
In the SFWIW category, L/A police in conjunction with Ralph's
grocery chain ran a program over the weekend where turning in a
weapon earned you either a $100 or $200 food chit redeemable at
Ralph's, no questions asked.

Collected around 6,000 weapons including rocket launchers, AK47s and
almost 3,000 hand guns.

They will make pretty good rebar.

The program just keeps getting bigger every year.

-----------------------------------
Correction:

Should read 1,650 weapons this campaign, about 6,000 since program
started.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/14/2012 6:36 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Try to stay on subject Scott

You said:

Evidence and examples, please.

I answered you question and gave you and Lew multiple examples, Now you
are introducing a different twist for the sake of argument.

Now you see why Scott's name has been put into so many of our twit
filters, Leon.sigh His "East L.A." comment is typical of the
idiocrats he represents.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw

Some how or another he fell out of my twit filter.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/14/2012 5:35 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:

California has more restrictive gun laws than other states. So what, it's
their choice (and had you lived in East LA, or Oakland, you'd understand why).

I'm done with this.

scott

I know you are kinda slow and for lack of a better explanation "can't
see the forest for the trees" but you were done long before this statement.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/14/2012 10:07 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Your head is really in the sand Scott. Those restrictive gun laws
have done exactly what, to control the already illegal activities in
those areas you mentioned? Oh well - it makes you feel good...

-----------------------------------
In the SFWIW category, L/A police in conjunction with Ralph's grocery
chain ran a program over the weekend where turning in a weapon earned
you either a $100 or $200 food chit redeemable at Ralph's, no
questions asked.

Collected around 6,000 weapons including rocket launchers, AK47s and
almost 3,000 hand guns.

They will make pretty good rebar.

The program just keeps getting bigger every year.

Lew

And year after year there are more gun sales to replace those guns. It
is a moot point. Criminals will never be with out a supply of weapons.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Your head is really in the sand Scott. Those restrictive gun laws
have done exactly what, to control the already illegal activities in
those areas you mentioned? Oh well - it makes you feel good...

-----------------------------------
In the SFWIW category, L/A police in conjunction with Ralph's grocery
chain ran a program over the weekend where turning in a weapon earned
you either a $100 or $200 food chit redeemable at Ralph's, no
questions asked.

Collected around 6,000 weapons including rocket launchers, AK47s and
almost 3,000 hand guns.

They will make pretty good rebar.

The program just keeps getting bigger every year.

Lew

And year after year there are more gun sales to replace those guns. It
is a moot point. Criminals will never be with out a supply of weapons.

What Lew doesn't seem to understand is that these people are buying
the Saturday Night Specials for a few bucks on the street and turning
them in for real cash. People also turn in unusable weapons. This is
increasing the number of guns coming into CA and increasing the number
of USABLE guns in CA because all the junkers are gone. The people who
turn in their usable weapons are made less safe because of the program
and their attitude. But, hey, who cares if the liberals are setting
themselves up to be victims because they refuse to defend their homes?
When's the last time you heard of a cop saving someone during a hot
prowl? g

BTW, the vast, vast majority of these forfeited guns and other weapons
were never used against citizens in the first place.

--
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable
one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore,
all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-- George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Jaques wrote:

What Lew doesn't seem to understand is...

The people who
turn in their usable weapons are made less safe because of the program
and their attitude. But, hey, who cares if the liberals are setting
themselves up to be victims because they refuse to defend their homes?
When's the last time you heard of a cop saving someone during a hot
prowl? g

BTW, the vast, vast majority of these forfeited guns and other weapons
were never used against citizens in the first place.

Preach it Brother!

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:41:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Actually if there were no fire arms at all "anywhere" in the world we
would be safer. But I would rather the US and our allies have nukes
than not.

Some might say that nukes are the ultimate endgame result of firearm
ownership. Not to get into a protracted discussion as firearms usually
do, but let me offer you a terrifying scenario.

The 'criminals' in this instance are the Iranians and the North
Koreans. Most of the civilized world doesn't want either of them to
have nuclear armament. The civilized world, including the USA fears
what would happen if they have these guns. (aka nukes).

All I'm trying to say is that when it comes to guns, there's always a
drive to get a bigger gun than your neighbor. Where does it end? In
this case it ends with nukes which unfortunately, could be the end of
everything. Similarly, I happen to believe that there are real,
tangible reasons why gun ownership might not be advisable.

That's all I've got to say. There never really is an end to this
topic.

I do you respect your opinion.

And I appreciate your tactfulness. (See, we didn't need to brandish
our guns to arrive at a settlement)
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/04/11).

Gas is $3.77/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(03/04/11).
---------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/11/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.81/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.
------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except two weeks later (03/24/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.87/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.
------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (04/01/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.91/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
morning (04/01/11)
-----------------------------------
Gas is ONLY $3.93/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/01/11).
Gas is ONLY $3.99/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Monday
afternoon.(04/03/11).
Gas is ONLY $4.07/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Monday
afternoon.(04/11/11).

Wonder what Friday will bring?
Gas is ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/15/11).
Gas is still ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/22/11).
We are still gaining on it.

Gas is still ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/29/11).

Looks like the rest of the country is catching up with California
this week.
Spoke too soon,

Later today (04/29/11), gas is now ONLY $4.13/gal at the local
cash & carry Arco this Friday afternoon.(04/29/11).

Surprise!!

Monday morning (05/09/11), the price of gas is now $4.09/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Thursday morning (05/12/11), the price of gas is now $4.05/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
Another surprise.

Monday morning (05/16/11), the price of gas is now $3.99/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Looks like the crest is still holding, at least for the moment.

Alternate energy anybody?

Looks like Lowes is starting to sell solar panel systems,
at least here in California.
Are they playing with us or what?

Friday afternoon (05/20/11), the price of gas is now $3.95/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco which is still above 04/01/11 price levels.
-------------------------------------
Monday morning (05/23/11), the price of gas is now $3.89/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Are they jerking our chains or what?
-------------------------------------
Tuesday morning (05/24/11), the price of gas is now $3.85/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (06/03/11), the price of gas is now $3.81/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/07/11), the price of gas is now $3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (06/13/11), the price of gas is now $3.77/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/14/11), the price of gas is now $3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (06/17/11), the price of gas is now $3.74/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/21/11), the price of gas is now $3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (06/23/11), the price of gas is now $3.69/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (06/27/11), the price of gas is now $3.65/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (06/29/11), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (07/04/11), the price of gas is now $3.59/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday morning (07/15/11), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

Guess the sleigh ride is over.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday morning (08/09/11), the price of gas is now $3.59/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

-------------------------------------
Thursday evening (08/11/11), the price of gas is now $3.55/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

Haven't seen that price since 02/26/11.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (08/15/11), the price of gas is now $3.53/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (08/22/11), the price of gas is now back up to
$3.55/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (08/26/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (08/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (09/01/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday evening (09/01/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday evening (09/02/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.85/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
WEdnesday evening (09/14/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.83/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday evening (09/16/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (09/22/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (09/25/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.73/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (09/26/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (09/28/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.69/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (09/30/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.65/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (10/3/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.61/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/04/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/11/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.65/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (10/12/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.69/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (10/14/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.73/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/18/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.77/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Saturday afternoon (10/22/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.73/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (10/25/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.69/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (11/15/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.65/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (11/21/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Saturday afternoon (11/26/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco, which is where this
all started on 02/26/11.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (11/29/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.49/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (12/02/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.45/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
The chain jerking continues.
-------------------------------------
Monday morning (12/05/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.43/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (12/09/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.39/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (12/14/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.35/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (12/19/11), the price of gas is now down to
$3.29/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Merry Christmas, (12/25/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.35/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon, (12/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.39/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (12/29/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.45/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Saturday morning afternoon, (12/31/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.49/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
Happy New Year.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon, (01/02/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (01/26/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.57/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (01/29/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.59/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (02/02/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.61/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon, (02/08/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.63/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon, (02/10/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.69/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
------------------------------------
Sunday night, (02/12/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.73/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon, (02/15/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.75/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon, (02/16/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.79/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon, (02/17/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.85/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday night, (02/17/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.89/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.

That's a $0.20/gal increase in a week.

-------------------------------------
Monday night, (02/20/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.93/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday night, (02/21/12), the price of gas is now up to
$3.97/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday night, (02/22/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.03/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday night, (02/23/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.11/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday night, (02/27/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.19/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday night, (02/28/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.23/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday night, (02/29/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.25/gal at the local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday night, (03/01/12), the price of gas is now up to
$4.27/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Tuesday night, (03/06/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.23/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Monday night, (03/19/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.17/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Thursday night, (03/22/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.15/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Monday night, (03/26/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.13/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Saturday night, (03/31/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.09/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon, (04/09/12), the price of gas is now down to
$4.05/gal at the local cash & carry
-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon, (05/13/12), the price of gas is now $4.19/gal at the
local cash & carry.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon, (05/15/12), the price of gas is now $4.25/gal at
the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/15/2012 7:18 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

at the
local cash& carry.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon, (05/15/12), the price of gas is now $4.25/gal at
the
local cash& carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

But still not bad enough to move to a more reasonable priced location..

You should be sending this message to the government officials that have
been serving you your KoolAid.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

Your head is really in the sand Scott. Those restrictive
gun laws have done exactly what, to control the already
illegal activities in those areas you mentioned? Oh well
- it makes you feel good...

-----------------------------------
In the SFWIW category, L/A police in conjunction with
Ralph's grocery chain ran a program over the weekend where
turning in a weapon earned you either a $100 or $200 food
chit redeemable at Ralph's, no questions asked.

Collected around 6,000 weapons including rocket launchers,
AK47s and almost 3,000 hand guns.

They will make pretty good rebar.

The program just keeps getting bigger every year.

Lew

And year after year there are more gun sales to replace
those guns. It is a moot point. Criminals will never be
with out a supply of weapons.

More than likely they were mostly worthless guns that had no
value other than to make the citizens like Lew and Scott feel
good. I have a couple of those that are destined for the same
fate next time one of those "cash for weapons" events come
along.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in
.com:

Much BS snipped.

Tuesday afternoon, (05/15/12), the price of gas is now
$4.25/gal at the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

If you would quit being a hypocrite you would get out of you car
and ride a bike, bus, train, walk, etc. You would have no need
to bitch about the proce of gas. Use your "alternate energy" and
quit bitching about gas prices.

Larry
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mike Marlow" wrote:

[...]

More than likely they have created a gun trade business. More cheap
guns manufactured and smuggled in and sold to our government for a nice
profit.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
.com...

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

-------------------------------------
.. . . at the local cash & carry.

Zat the same as a stop'n'rob, Lew?

Dave in Texas

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 16 May 2012 00:56:14 GMT, Larry wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

If you would quit being a hypocrite you would get out of you car
and ride a bike, bus, train, walk, etc. You would have no need
to bitch about the proce of gas. Use your "alternate energy" and
quit bitching about gas prices.

Larry

That may work for you, but not for all of us.

My commute to work is 24 miles. Bike? No way on the steep hills and
the couple of hours commute.

Bus? Train? There are none in my town, my work town, or in between.

Used to be a train that went part of the way, but that stopped about
40 years ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Wednesday afternoon, (05/23/12), the price of gas is now $4.15/gal at
the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/23/2012 5:40 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Seriously you should consider moving to a place where you don't have to
pay so much for gas.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

Seriously you should consider moving to a place where you don't have
to pay so much for gas.

-------------------------------
The price per gallon is immaterial, I'd like to see $10.00/gal.

Maybe then there would be some serious effort made toward alternate
energy forms.

BTW, leave paradise? Surely you jest.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well it sounds like your bitching all the time about the price.
Want to see it go up???

You can... I'll send you the bills for filling my tank...
There, your doubled....

On 5/24/2012 9:12 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

Seriously you should consider moving to a place where you don't have
to pay so much for gas.

-------------------------------
The price per gallon is immaterial, I'd like to see $10.00/gal.

Maybe then there would be some serious effort made toward alternate
energy forms.

BTW, leave paradise? Surely you jest.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 24 May 2012 18:12:02 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Leon" wrote:

Seriously you should consider moving to a place where you don't have
to pay so much for gas.

-------------------------------
The price per gallon is immaterial, I'd like to see $10.00/gal.

Maybe then there would be some serious effort made toward alternate
energy forms.

BTW, leave paradise? Surely you jest.

Lew

You have to be one of the dumbest left wing loons to ever draw a
breath.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Friday afternoon, (05/25/12), the price of gas is now $4.09/gal at
the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/25/2012 5:41 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash& carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/04/11).

Gas is $3.77/gal at the local cash& carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(03/04/11).
---------------------------------------

CLIPPED A WHOLE SNOTFLOAD FOR BREVITY
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon, (05/23/12), the price of gas is now $4.15/gal at
the
local cash& carry.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon, (05/25/12), the price of gas is now $4.09/gal at
the
local cash& carry.

Nobody here but you cares about the price of gas at your local cash and
carry.
FWIW, local gas prices in my neck of the words are about $3.65 per
gallon. But probably nobody here but me cares about that, either.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

There is no other realistic alternate energy source for private motor
vehicles.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om,
Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).

... interminable gas price trivia snipped ...
Friday afternoon, (05/25/12), the price of gas is now $4.09/gal at
the
local cash & carry.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Have you considered therapy for OCD?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/24/2012 8:12 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Leon" wrote:

Seriously you should consider moving to a place where you don't have
to pay so much for gas.

-------------------------------
The price per gallon is immaterial, I'd like to see $10.00/gal.

Maybe then there would be some serious effort made toward alternate
energy forms.

BTW, leave paradise? Surely you jest.

Lew

A place where "you" bitch constantly about the price you pay for
gasoline and every one is likely to be exposed to a cancer causing
agent. Yeah, sounds just like paradise. Scratching head....
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

Seriously you should consider moving to a place where you don't have
to pay so much for gas.

-------------------------------
The price per gallon is immaterial, I'd like to see $10.00/gal.

Maybe then there would be some serious effort made toward alternate
energy forms.

BTW, leave paradise? Surely you jest.

Lew

A place where "you" bitch constantly about the price you pay for
gasoline and every one is likely to be exposed to a cancer causing
agent. Yeah, sounds just like paradise. Scratching head....

Add to that about 35% of the locals don't even speak English (which
you might be familiar with living in Tejas del Sur) and drive old,
smoker cars with BC license plates (that's Baja California, not
British Columbia, to you Canucks.)

--
When a quiet man is moved to passion, it seems the very earth will shake.
-- Stephanie Barron

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Just Wondering" wrote:
There is no other realistic alternate energy source for private
motor vehicles.

-------------------------------
Truck and bus fleets work quite well and at lower cost using natural
gas as opposed to #2 diesel.

That's some low hanging fruit to get started.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/29/2012 3:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Just Wondering" wrote:
There is no other realistic alternate energy source for private
motor vehicles.

-------------------------------
Truck and bus fleets work quite well and at lower cost using natural
gas as opposed to #2 diesel.

And when everyone switches to natural gas, what do you think is going to
happen to natural gas prices??? LOL
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 5/29/2012 2:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Just Wondering" wrote:
There is no other realistic alternate energy source for private
motor vehicles.

-------------------------------
Truck and bus fleets work quite well and at lower cost using natural
gas as opposed to #2 diesel.

It's not a realistic alternative to the millions of gasoline powered
private vehicles.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 29 May 2012 13:48:20 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"Just Wondering" wrote:
There is no other realistic alternate energy source for private
motor vehicles.

-------------------------------
Truck and bus fleets work quite well and at lower cost using natural
gas as opposed to #2 diesel.

That's some low hanging fruit to get started.

Lew

Waterloo regional transit had a fleet of natural gas busses, and the
maintenance costs totally killed the project - they went back to
deisel, and now have quite a few hybrid deisels. The extra engine
maintenance on the CNG busses outstripped any possible fuel savings.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Just Wondering" wrote:
There is no other realistic alternate energy source for private
motor vehicles.

-------------------------------
Truck and bus fleets work quite well and at lower cost using natural
gas as opposed to #2 diesel.

It's not a realistic alternative to the millions of gasoline powered
private vehicles.

Not a realistic alternative for long range either - the tanks need to
be BIG and HEAVY, and fueling is slow and requires complex and
expensive equipment.

sawmill creek down? alexy Woodworking 3 September 2nd 06 10:10 PM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 33 October 25th 05 09:35 AM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... Jinzo Musume Lime-chan Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 06:01 PM
[I] EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 03:44 PM
Wet weather creek problems Mark Darbyshire Home Repair 1 September 5th 03 08:04 PM