Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

wrote in message
On Wed, 25 May 2011 16:58:55 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Mon, 23 May 2011 01:24:00 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

wrote in message
m...
On Sun, 22 May 2011 18:01:29 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

wrote in message
$4/gal gasoline and overcrowded highways, it becomes a BIG problem.

Half-smart people will move to where they can afford to live *and*
work.

The two are not mutually exclusive. Family, housing prices or rental
costs
and even health issues can come into play. I'm forced to remain within
quick
travelling distance of some large metropolitan hospital for health
reasons.
I'd love to move to some smaller town with its small town atmosphere,
but
for me, it's not to be. ~ Not if I want to stay healthy enough to
enjoy
life
to some degree.

There are large hospitals in small cities, too. Rochester MN has a
few
with
well known names. Not all large cities are as bad to live/work in as
CA,
either. Outside of the NE and CA, there are some wonderful places to
live
and
work.

And they do not necessarily have jobs for which people are qualified.

Are you saying that the only jobs in the US are in CA? I don't think
so!

No, that's not what I was saying.

Oh, the only jobs that people are "qualified for" are in CA. shakes head

Try hitting it on the side. Sometimes works for electrical stuff. Mebbe you
got a short somewhere.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 26 May 2011 01:25:18 -0700, "Lobby Dosser" wrote:

.. .
wrote:

wrote in message
On Mon, 23 May 2011 01:24:00 -0700, "Lobby Dosser"
wrote:

om...
wrote:

wrote in message
[...]

You're not close enough.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/14/2011 8:52 PM, jo4hn wrote:

amen.

Where you been, stranger?

Just in time, we need some more puns around here to take the pressure
off Lew ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/15/2011 5:41 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 6/14/2011 8:52 PM, jo4hn wrote:

amen.

Where you been, stranger?

Just in time, we need some more puns around here to take the pressure
off Lew ...

Well, putting up with some of the wingnuts around here has become rather
difficult. I do look in from time to time so...

A dog lover, whose dog was a female and "in heat', agreed to look
after her neighbors male dog while the neighbors were on vacation. She
had a large house and believed that she could keep the two dogs apart.
However, as she was drifting off to sleep she heard awful howling and
moaning sounds, rushed downstairs and found the dogs locked together,
in obvious pain and unable to disengage, as so frequently happens when
dogs mate.

Unable to separate them, and perplexed as to what to do next, although
it was late, she called the vet, who answered in a very grumpy voice.

Having explained the problem to him, the vet said "Hang up the phone
and place it down alongside the dogs. I will then call
you back and the noise of the ringing will make the male lose his
erection and he will be able to withdraw."

"Do you think that will work?" she asked.

"Absolutely. It just worked for me." he replied.

:-)

Hang in there.
mahalo,
j4
Posted to rec.woodworking

Rita and Neil Ward writes:

Speaking of chain jerking:
Evansville $3.52/gal thirty miles North in Oakland City $3.75/gal same
company owns both Shell gas stations.

Does each station pay the same taxes, the same property costs, the same
employee costs? Fuel transportation costs? Do they both have the same
level of local competition?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2011 12:14 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Rita and Neil writes:

Speaking of chain jerking:
Evansville $3.52/gal thirty miles North in Oakland City $3.75/gal same
company owns both Shell gas stations.

Does each station pay the same taxes, the same property costs, the same
employee costs? Fuel transportation costs? Do they both have the same
level of local competition?

Those variable count however normally not in the ultimate price at the
pump. It is very common for one station to be cheaper than its sister
station one week and higher than its sister station the next. Its a
strategy to increase traffic.
It is the classic, "what the market will bare" business plan.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 6/22/2011 1:14 PM, Scott Lurndal wrote:
Rita and Neil writes:

Speaking of chain jerking:
Evansville $3.52/gal thirty miles North in Oakland City $3.75/gal same
company owns both Shell gas stations.

Does each station pay the same taxes, the same property costs, the same
employee costs? Fuel transportation costs? Do they both have the same
level of local competition?

Evansville Shell Food Mart $3.52/gal they have higher taxes, about the
same property costs, about the same employee costs, the same fuel
transports costs, and higher levels of competition.

Oakland City Shell Food Mart 3.75/gal they have lower taxes, about the
same for property and employee costs, the same fuel transport costs they
haul their own fuel. Competition may be somewhat lower local, most folks
that live in Oakland City work in Evansville or Princeton where fuel is
cheaper.
Posted to rec.woodworking

in 1501889 20110622 193439 Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote:

It is the classic, "what the market will bare" business plan.

Can I watch?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default And The St.Clair River Keeps lowerin'

On Jun 29, 6:15*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" *wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).

AMOCO in Port Huron, 6.1 km (3.8 miles) from my house, premium 93
grade 3.87 US gallon.
Filled up the Subaru, bought a 6 pack of Sam Adams Summer Ale, paid
for the trip across the Blue Water Bridge and back with 2 token ($2
ea) and still came out ahead by $ 12.00 if I had filled the car up
here in Canada with premium. Free Trip, free beer, plus 12 bucks in my
pocket.
(And, yes, Lew, regular gas WILL work but I prefer to use premium,
runs cooler and keeps deposits off the hot side.) Besides, the
difference between regular and premium is far greater in price in
Canuckistan than States Side. Converted and ignoring the fact that our
dollar is worth more, Premium 92(!!) is $ 5.33 per US gallon here.)
AND we got to save some money on groceries AND some non/low fat
products we can't get over here.

We did have a bit of a laugh as we go the Meijers to buy low fat
stuff, and there, on a display was....wait for it..... cheese in a
fookin aerosol can... Ang and I had this WTF look on out faces and
mused.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote:
$40+ for decent beer, 43 bucks for Grolsch.
That said, a case of 28 Molson Canadian, 17 dollars at Costco in
Detroit.
---------------------
During the summer, must be a lot of boat traffic between SYC & PHYC.

If the increased sales price is truly directed for health care, it's
sort of like the drunk prepaying for his liver care.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article m,
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Looks like things are up to date in Port Huron, they've gone about as
far as they can go.

Thanks to the Broadway stage, forgot which play.

"Everything's Up To Date in Kansas City"
from Oklahoma! Rogers & Hammerstein

and it was prounounced "fur", not 'far'.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 4, 12:00*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:

*$40+ for decent beer, 43 bucks for Grolsch.
That said, a case of 28 *Molson Canadian, 17 dollars at Costco in
Detroit.
---------------------
During the summer, must be a lot of boat traffic between SYC & PHYC.

Not so much for the last 10 years, for all the obvious reasons.
Homeland Security, Patriot Act and all that.
(After all, if someone was going to smuggle a big kaboom into the US,
they'd go across a patrolled checkpoint, right? With 30,000 km of
porous border?)
We used to leave the yacht club in the morning, do a little fishing,
go across to any and all pubs along the Black River in Port Huron for
lunch and sail across back to Sarnia. Not a uniform to be seen. Now
there are 'Rules'. Mackinaw week-end was 'borderless' visiting boats
on both sides of the river, making friends and sharing laughter. All
done now. I still don't know what the hell we, as Canadians, ever did
to deserve that: "PAPERSSS!!! sound of clicking boot-heels"
treatment.
When I get old and fly out of Detroit and some TSA rookie wants to
reach in my Depends diaper, I'll make sure there will be a present
waiting for him.

If the increased sales price is truly directed for health care, it's
sort of like the drunk prepaying for his liver care.

Lew

I don't think that is the logic behind it. They screw us because they
can. Swedish booze prices are so insanely high, it has cut down on
drinking, of course the drunks now make their own.

They will pile taxes upon taxes on our backs till we finally break and
that won't be pretty. A close friend of mine is an engineer at one of
the refineries near here. His wife is an OR nurse. Her gross income,
was about the same as my buddy's tax bill last year. Ain't that a
fookin knee-slapper?

Keep a close eye on what's happening in Greece, Lew, you're looking at
the future.... and it isn't healthcare that causing all the trouble.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/4/2011 8:35 AM, Robatoy wrote:

Keep a close eye on what's happening in Greece, Lew, you're looking at
the future.... and it isn't healthcare that causing all the trouble.

And a good reason to consider getting any money out of money market
funds ... the fat cat bankers have invested heavily in Greek government
instruments with your cash and, while they will be bailed out when the
**** hits the fan, you, the little investor, will be verily ****t once
again.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/04/11).

Gas is $3.77/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(03/04/11).
---------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (03/11/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.81/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.
------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except two weeks later (03/24/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.87/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.
------------------------------------
Same bat time, same bat place except one week later (04/01/11).

Gas is ONLY $3.91/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
morning (04/01/11)
-----------------------------------
Gas is ONLY $3.93/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/01/11).
Gas is ONLY $3.99/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Monday
afternoon.(04/03/11).
Gas is ONLY $4.07/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Monday
afternoon.(04/11/11).

Wonder what Friday will bring?
Gas is ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/15/11).
Gas is still ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/22/11).
We are still gaining on it.

Gas is still ONLY $4.09/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon.(04/29/11).

Looks like the rest of the country is catching up with California
this week.
Spoke too soon,

Later today (04/29/11), gas is now ONLY $4.13/gal at the local
cash & carry Arco this Friday afternoon.(04/29/11).

Surprise!!

Monday morning (05/09/11), the price of gas is now $4.09/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Thursday morning (05/12/11), the price of gas is now $4.05/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
Another surprise.

Monday morning (05/16/11), the price of gas is now $3.99/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Looks like the crest is still holding, at least for the moment.

Alternate energy anybody?

Looks like Lowes is starting to sell solar panel systems,
at least here in California.
Are they playing with us or what?

Friday afternoon (05/20/11), the price of gas is now $3.95/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco which is still above 04/01/11 price levels.
-------------------------------------
Monday morning (05/23/11), the price of gas is now $3.89/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

Are they jerking our chains or what?
-------------------------------------
Tuesday morning (05/24/11), the price of gas is now $3.85/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (06/03/11), the price of gas is now $3.81/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/07/11), the price of gas is now $3.79/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (06/13/11), the price of gas is now $3.77/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/14/11), the price of gas is now $3.75/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday afternoon (06/17/11), the price of gas is now $3.74/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday afternoon (06/21/11), the price of gas is now $3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Thursday afternoon (06/23/11), the price of gas is now $3.69/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (06/27/11), the price of gas is now $3.65/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Wednesday afternoon (06/29/11), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Monday afternoon (07/04/11), the price of gas is now $3.59/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.
-------------------------------------
Friday morning (07/15/11), the price of gas is now $3.63/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

Guess the sleigh ride is over.
-------------------------------------
Tuesday morning (08/09/11), the price of gas is now $3.59/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

The chain jerking seems connected to the price of oil (at least
roughly), no?

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Bill" wrote:

The chain jerking seems connected to the price of oil (at least
roughly), no?

----------------------------------
As Pogo said, "we have met the enemy and it is US."

30 million bbls from the federal stockpile and reduced demand are
having short term effects, but the chain is still taunt.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:

The chain jerking seems connected to the price of oil (at least
roughly), no?

----------------------------------
As Pogo said, "we have met the enemy and it is US."

30 million bbls from the federal stockpile and reduced demand are
having short term effects, but the chain is still taunt.

Lew

If they were trying to make me change my driving habits, they succeeded.
I'd rather spend my money on tools..lol.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/9/2011 6:41 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Bill" wrote:

The chain jerking seems connected to the price of oil (at least
roughly), no?

----------------------------------
As Pogo said, "we have met the enemy and it is US."

30 million bbls from the federal stockpile and reduced demand are
having short term effects, but the chain is still taunt.

Lew

The problem is not the oil companies so much as the speculators. They
will go after what ever alternative energy comes up next.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Thursday evening (08/11/11), the price of gas is now $3.55/gal at
the
local cash & carry Arco.

Haven't seen that price since 02/26/11.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Monday afternoon (08/15/11), the price of gas is now $3.53/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Did you somehow automate this post?

plausible, and wrong." (H L Mencken)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Larry W" wrote:

Did you somehow automate this post?

--------------------------------

No, it deserves better.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

[...]

Monday afternoon (08/22/11), the price of gas is now back up to
$3.55/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

From: "Lew Hodgett"
Subject: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n
Date: Tuesday, August 23, 2011 4:58 PM

[...]

Friday afternoon (08/26/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.59/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

[...]

Sunday afternoon (08/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash & carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

basilisk
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/30/2011 12:38 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (08/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Alternate transportation: bought HD Sportster 1200 50 + mpg…

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (08/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Alternate transportation: bought HD Sportster 1200 50 + mpg…

Was in Harley heaven country all weekend ... Ozarks in central Arkansas
.... and wishing, once again, that I had replaced my Sportster after it
had been stolen some 30 years ago.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

-------------------------------------
Sunday afternoon (08/28/11), the price of gas is now up to
$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Alternate energy anybody?

Lew

Alternate transportation: bought HD Sportster 1200 50 + mpg…

Was in Harley heaven country all weekend ... Ozarks in central Arkansas
... and wishing, once again, that I had replaced my Sportster after it
had been stolen some 30 years ago.

Borrow or rent one on a rainy day, the though of that always keeps my,
"getting yet another bike", wishes in check.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:08:56 -0500, basilisk wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I kicked the habit in '93.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

I bought some a couple years ago for a razor knife. Of course, anything can
be found on the Internet. ;-)

http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Razor-Blades_c_7.html
Posted to rec.woodworking

zzzzzzzzzz wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:08:56 -0500, wrote:

[...]

Thanks for the link. What you say may be true, but Amazon is out of the
Personna blades that Gillette made for sale in other countries--where
people won't pay the new "stupid" prices (count me in, too). I think the
blades I named are about the same as the store-brand blades that fit
Atra. I think people have been stocking up. At Amazon, it says they are
now out of stock and not sure whether they will get more.

In my message to Gillette, I mentioned that I hoped their decision would
hurt their bottom line. I just want to help make sure people are aware
of what is going on and do anything I can do to help! : )

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/30/2011 7:08 AM, basilisk wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

basilisk

Yes,you can. Any drug store sells them. Many people have gone back to
the double edge razor in recent years. Back in the 70's, I tried a twin
blade, wrote it off as a gimmick and went back to the safety razor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/30/2011 11:07 AM, Leon wrote:

Was in Harley heaven country all weekend ... Ozarks in central Arkansas
... and wishing, once again, that I had replaced my Sportster after it
had been stolen some 30 years ago.

Borrow or rent one on a rainy day, the though of that always keeps my,
"getting yet another bike", wishes in check.

Or, you could do what I did. June 16 of this year, I was riding my Dyna
when some fool in a car wanted my lane and didn't seem to care that it
was occupied. I really don't remember much until I was on the ground
sliding along watching my bike ahead of me. When it bounced of the curb
HARD, I thought, "this is going to be expensive.
After coming to a stop, I started to check myself out. Everything was
fine until I lifted my left leg. The lower part of the leg had a curve
in it and my foot was pointed in the wrong direction. The doctor quit
counting pieces of knee and bone at 60. At this point, a wheelchair is
my main transportation. Doctor seems to think that I should be walking
by the end of September.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

On a related note: I saw an ad for Stanley -carbide- utility knife
blades. Anyone use any yet? What do you think?

--
The problem with borrowing money from China is
that thirty minutes later, you feel broke again.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. *I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

On a related note: I saw an ad for Stanley -carbide- utility knife
blades. *Anyone use any yet? *What do you think?

I wonder what the point of that would be.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 21:26:39 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

wrote:

On Tue, 30 Aug 2011 09:33:06 -0400, Bill wrote:

On 8/30/2011 8:53 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 8/29/2011 11:38 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

$3.71/gal at the
local cash& carry Arco.

The chain jerking continues.

Holiday weekend coming up ... gotta get a little gouging in.

Speaking of gouging, has anyone noticed the games Gillette is playing
with their blades. No more Atra--but plenty of $3+ cartridges in the
stores. *I wrote them a letter sharing with them know how I felt about
it. No response yet. LOL.

Do what I did, I quite shaving in 1985, so far so good.

I do own a razor but I have no idea if you can get double
edge blades anymore.

On a related note: I saw an ad for Stanley -carbide- utility knife
blades. *Anyone use any yet? *What do you think?

I wonder what the point of that would be.

According to Satanley, 5x longer blade sharpness.
http://www.stanleytools.com/carbide/index.html
I haven't checked prices yet, but doubt they're cheap.

sawmill creek down? alexy Woodworking 3 September 2nd 06 10:10 PM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 33 October 25th 05 09:35 AM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... Jinzo Musume Lime-chan Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 06:01 PM
[I] EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 03:44 PM
Wet weather creek problems Mark Darbyshire Home Repair 1 September 5th 03 08:04 PM