Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default And The St.Clair River Keeps lowerin'

On Jul 4, 12:00*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote:

*$40+ for decent beer, 43 bucks for Grolsch.
That said, a case of 28 *Molson Canadian, 17 dollars at Costco in
Detroit.
---------------------
During the summer, must be a lot of boat traffic between SYC & PHYC.

Not so much for the last 10 years, for all the obvious reasons.
Homeland Security, Patriot Act and all that.
(After all, if someone was going to smuggle a big kaboom into the US,
they'd go across a patrolled checkpoint, right? With 30,000 km of
porous border?)
We used to leave the yacht club in the morning, do a little fishing,
go across to any and all pubs along the Black River in Port Huron for
lunch and sail across back to Sarnia. Not a uniform to be seen. Now
there are 'Rules'. Mackinaw week-end was 'borderless' visiting boats
on both sides of the river, making friends and sharing laughter. All
done now. I still don't know what the hell we, as Canadians, ever did
to deserve that: "PAPERSSS!!! sound of clicking boot-heels"
treatment.
When I get old and fly out of Detroit and some TSA rookie wants to
reach in my Depends diaper, I'll make sure there will be a present
waiting for him.

If the increased sales price is truly directed for health care, it's
sort of like the drunk prepaying for his liver care.

Lew

I don't think that is the logic behind it. They screw us because they
can. Swedish booze prices are so insanely high, it has cut down on
drinking, of course the drunks now make their own.

They will pile taxes upon taxes on our backs till we finally break and
that won't be pretty. A close friend of mine is an engineer at one of
the refineries near here. His wife is an OR nurse. Her gross income,
was about the same as my buddy's tax bill last year. Ain't that a
fookin knee-slapper?

Keep a close eye on what's happening in Greece, Lew, you're looking at
the future.... and it isn't healthcare that causing all the trouble.