Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/25/2011 1:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

Still $3.19 here in S. Fl.
Chuck
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 10:48:18 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

$3.73 in NorCal I-80 corridor.

-Zz
Posted to rec.woodworking
tom tom is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

$3.35 in Chicago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

$2.99 this morning here in NJ.

--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Just to rub it in... $2.89 here in NJ if I travel to it.

http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
01.908.542.0244
Production Tapping: http://Production-Tapping-Equipment.com/
Flagship Site: http://www.Drill-N-Tap.com
TWITTER: http://twitter.com/AutoDrill
FACEBOOK: http://tinyurl.com/AutoDrill-Facebook

V8013-R

Posted to rec.woodworking

$3.39 in Hilliard, Ohio. It was 2.95 last week when I got some!?

On 02/25/2011 02:35 PM, tom wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

$3.35 in Chicago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article om, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Must suck to be in SoCal. I saw $3.13 in Indianapolis on the way to work this
morning...

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Probably not anytime soon here.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/25/11 1:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

1.21 a liter here in Toronto == 4.57/US Gallon approx.
I am ignoring the currency exchange as they are so close right now.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , FrozenNorth
wrote:

On 2/25/11 1:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

1.21 a liter here in Toronto == 4.57/US Gallon approx.
I am ignoring the currency exchange as they are so close right now.

I filled up yesterday morning at 1.12 a litre here in Saskatoon
yesterday morning. By 4 pm it was 1.19...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/25/2011 3:23 PM, Doug Miller wrote:
In raweb.com, "Lew wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Must suck to be in SoCal. I saw $3.13 in Indianapolis on the way to work this
morning...

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Probably not anytime soon here.

Don't bet on it, $3.35 in Winslow, Indiana: was 2.99 last week in
Evansville.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In , FrozenNorth
wrote:

On 2/25/11 1:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

1.21 a liter here in Toronto == 4.57/US Gallon approx.
I am ignoring the currency exchange as they are so close right now.

I filled up yesterday morning at 1.12 a litre here in Saskatoon
yesterday morning. By 4 pm it was 1.19...

I filled up Wednesday at 1.17, thought pouring $69 into the tank was
crazy, then saw $1.21 Thursday and realized it would have been $70.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

You're sensationalizing it.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/25/11 4:22 PM, Dave In Texas wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

You're sensationalizing it.

No it is speculators and stupid panic over what is going on in the
middle east and north Africa that is causing this. Once Gadhaffi
gets run out of Libya it will settle back down.

--
Froz...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

National (USA) price map
http://www.gasbuddy.com/gb_gastemperaturemap.aspx

Local prices
http://gasbuddy.com/
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote:

Must suck to be in SoCal. I saw $3.13 in Indianapolis on the way to
work this
morning...

-----------------------
Even if Indy paid me to come and have the gas given to me, Indiana
would not be on my list of places to visit, even to see the relatives.

Life is just too short.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 4:34*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
On 2/25/11 4:22 PM, Dave In Texas wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
web.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

You're sensationalizing it.

No it is speculators and stupid panic over what is going on in the
middle east and north Africa that is causing this. *Once Gadhaffi
gets run out of Libya it will settle back down.

Who knows how many are dying in the streets in Tripoli. And Obama is "
going to talk to some UN people on Monday."
I wish he'd grow a pair.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

Between $3.12 on the Indian Reservations to $3.59 at local Mobile
stations in the Buffalo, NY area.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 25, 6:48*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

USD 7.63 / US gallon here in England...

I'm going to dig out my bicycle and walking shoes!
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Joe AutoDrill" wrote in news:GZT9p.16375$Y63.5222
@newsfe02.iad:

Just to rub it in... $2.89 here in NJ if I travel to it.

http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/

Not in 07410 - ~$3.15.

I could also find gasprices in Mass by entering a zipcode, and they are
pretty correct too - ~$3.20 around Somerville

--
Best regards
Han

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote:

Must suck to be in SoCal. I saw $3.13 in Indianapolis on the way to
work this
morning...

-----------------------
Even if Indy paid me to come and have the gas given to me, Indiana
would not be on my list of places to visit, even to see the relatives.

Life is just too short.

Oddly enough, that's exactly what many people in the Midwest think of LA. :-)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2/25/2011 11:48 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

3.25.9 500 miles to the east, in Phoenix.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"David Paste" wrote

I'm going to dig out my bicycle and walking shoes!

I vowed to drive 55 today, to get better mileage on my full sized van.

We will see if it lasts, cause "I can't drive 55!"
--
Jim in NC

Posted to rec.woodworking

"FrozenNorth" wrote:
No it is speculators and stupid panic over what is going on in the
middle east and north Africa that is causing this. Once Gadhaffi
gets run out of Libya it will settle back down.

----------------
Until the next time, meanwhile we allow our demand for oil to bleed
our piggy bank dry.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

$3.19 here in Dallas. I filled my Silverado this evening.
$74.+

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Nor here in western NJ at 3.15

On 2/25/2011 5:33 PM, Han wrote:
"Joe wrote in news:GZT9p.16375$Y63.5222
@newsfe02.iad:

Just to rub it in... $2.89 here in NJ if I travel to it.

http://www.newjerseygasprices.com/

Not in 07410 - ~$3.15.

I could also find gasprices in Mass by entering a zipcode, and they are
pretty correct too - ~$3.20 around Somerville

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

$3.05 yesterday in Caon City, Co..

My Ford van has a 35 gallon tank It is parked. Driving a different vehicle
WW

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:04:04 -0500, Chuck wrote:

On 2/25/2011 1:48 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

Still $3.19 here in S. Fl.

I just paid that the day before yesterday at Fred Meyer in Oregon. It
was $3.29 but I get a ten cent discount for shopping at Freddy.
GasBuddy has it at $3.39 today! Up a nickel a day?

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 13:42:21 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Feb 25, 4:34Â*pm, FrozenNorth
wrote:
On 2/25/11 4:22 PM, Dave In Texas wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
web.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

You're sensationalizing it.

No it is speculators and stupid panic over what is going on in the
middle east and north Africa that is causing this. Â*Once Gadhaffi
gets run out of Libya it will settle back down.

Who knows how many are dying in the streets in Tripoli. And Obama is "
going to talk to some UN people on Monday."
I wish he'd grow a pair.

blink, blink I read the headline about rioters, rushing from their
Islamic mosques, being fired upon today. Perhaps I don't know the
whole story, but is it wrong to stop rioting in your country? I was
kinda proud of old Daffy, the hateful old effer. I'd rather it wasn't
radical fundamentalist muslims who ousted him, if you don't mind.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:27:10 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"David Paste" wrote

I'm going to dig out my bicycle and walking shoes!

I vowed to drive 55 today, to get better mileage on my full sized van.

We will see if it lasts, cause "I can't drive 55!"

Hehehe. Nor can I. Besides, I get better gas mileage at 80.
Then again, I've put only 22k miles on the new truck in 3.25 years, so
I'm not a big gas user. If someone gave me an electric car for my
grocery shoppoing, I'd use it exclusively when possible. But I can't
get 500 pounds of tools + a ton of wood/concrete/steel in one like I
can with the Tundra.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
--Jack London

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: And The Creek Keeps Ris'n - and it's going UP again . . .

From this morning's NYTimes.
Attack Shuts Iraq's Largest Refinery:
http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011...L-Iraq.html?hp

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:27:10 -0500, "Morgans"
wrote:

"David Paste" wrote

I'm going to dig out my bicycle and walking shoes!

I vowed to drive 55 today, to get better mileage on my full sized van.

We will see if it lasts, cause "I can't drive 55!"

One of my cars gives an instant readout for the MPG. I picked a flat
stretch of highway on my daily commute and every day drove at a different
speed to see what the effect would be. I could to 75, 70, 65, 60, but at
55, it was a danger to be on the road. I never did get a comparative
reading. Best MPG was 60.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 26, 12:27*am, "Morgans" wrote:
"David Paste" wrote

I'm going to dig out my bicycle and walking shoes!

I vowed to drive 55 today, to get better mileage on my full sized van.

We will see if it lasts, cause "I can't drive 55!"
--
Jim in NC

I have similar ludicrous fantasies! Motorways are there for a reason,
as are gas pedals!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
eb.com...
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

You California people will buy anything. ;~)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote the following:
Cleared $4/gal in SoCal today.

Look out $5/gal, headed your way.

Lew

$3.499 yesterday here in sig below.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Posted to rec.woodworking

$3.80 in South San Francisco (Santa Clara County).
Posted to rec.woodworking

"charlie b" wrote:

$3.80 in South San Francisco (Santa Clara County).

Premium is running $3.84-$4.35 for South San Francisco (Santa Clara
County).

Can $5 be far behind?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 23:13:21 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

"charlie b" wrote:

$3.80 in South San Francisco (Santa Clara County).

Premium is running $3.84-$4.35 for South San Francisco (Santa Clara
County).

Can $5 be far behind?

Just be patient, Lew. You'll get your sordid price soon.

--
That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something
you've understood all your life, but in a new way.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(02/26/11).

Today, 3 days later (03/01/11), it is $3.65/gal.

Add $0.20/gal for premium.

And the crick keeps on ris'n per the late Johnny Cash.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mar 2, 12:12*am, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday afternoon
(02/26/11).

Today, 3 days later (03/01/11), it is $3.65/gal.

Add $0.20/gal for premium.

And the crick keeps on ris'n per the late Johnny Cash.

Lew

Has just topped $8/US gal over here, fwiw.

sawmill creek down? alexy Woodworking 3 September 2nd 06 10:10 PM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 33 October 25th 05 09:35 AM
EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... Jinzo Musume Lime-chan Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 06:01 PM
[I] EVOLUTION Up a Creek Without a Paddle... David Jensen Woodworking 0 October 23rd 05 03:44 PM
Wet weather creek problems Mark Darbyshire Home Repair 1 September 5th 03 08:04 PM