Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default And The St.Clair River Keeps lowerin'

On Jun 29, 6:15*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Lew Hodgett" *wrote:

Gas was $3.55/gal at the local cash & carry Arco on Friday
afternoon (02/26/11).

AMOCO in Port Huron, 6.1 km (3.8 miles) from my house, premium 93
grade 3.87 US gallon.
Filled up the Subaru, bought a 6 pack of Sam Adams Summer Ale, paid
for the trip across the Blue Water Bridge and back with 2 token ($2
ea) and still came out ahead by $ 12.00 if I had filled the car up
here in Canada with premium. Free Trip, free beer, plus 12 bucks in my
pocket.
(And, yes, Lew, regular gas WILL work but I prefer to use premium,
runs cooler and keeps deposits off the hot side.) Besides, the
difference between regular and premium is far greater in price in
Canuckistan than States Side. Converted and ignoring the fact that our
dollar is worth more, Premium 92(!!) is $ 5.33 per US gallon here.)
AND we got to save some money on groceries AND some non/low fat
products we can't get over here.

We did have a bit of a laugh as we go the Meijers to buy low fat
stuff, and there, on a display was....wait for it..... cheese in a
fookin aerosol can... Ang and I had this WTF look on out faces and
mused.