Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave[_52_] Dave[_52_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Tue, 15 May 2012 09:41:30 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
Actually if there were no fire arms at all "anywhere" in the world we
would be safer. But I would rather the US and our allies have nukes
than not.

Some might say that nukes are the ultimate endgame result of firearm
ownership. Not to get into a protracted discussion as firearms usually
do, but let me offer you a terrifying scenario.

The 'criminals' in this instance are the Iranians and the North
Koreans. Most of the civilized world doesn't want either of them to
have nuclear armament. The civilized world, including the USA fears
what would happen if they have these guns. (aka nukes).

All I'm trying to say is that when it comes to guns, there's always a
drive to get a bigger gun than your neighbor. Where does it end? In
this case it ends with nukes which unfortunately, could be the end of
everything. Similarly, I happen to believe that there are real,
tangible reasons why gun ownership might not be advisable.

That's all I've got to say. There never really is an end to this
topic.

I do you respect your opinion.

And I appreciate your tactfulness. (See, we didn't need to brandish
our guns to arrive at a settlement)