Posted to rec.woodworking
David Paste[_2_] David Paste[_2_] is offline

Default And The Creek Keeps Ris'n

On Mar 8, 2:07*pm, Bruce wrote:

Only disadvantages I can think of were lower power,

That can be the case for propane conversion which use the sort of
system where the gas is vapourised before it's sucked into the
cylinder, but as I understand it, there are now liquid injection
systems which surpass the power available from using petrol as a fuel.
Propane also has a higher octane rating, so higher compression engines
can be used.

sometimes gets issues when very cold

Ha ha! Yes, but it has to be VERY cold! Here in Britain, there are
many armchair experts who state with all the authority they can muster
that you cannot use a solely propane-fuelled car as it won't ignite
from cold in winter. They then look puzzled when I state that from
experience, cranking over a propane fuelled engine in minus twenty
degree Celsius temperature was no problem!

However, I completely agree that there are parts of North America
where winter starting can be a problem, but as I understand it, there
are systems in place to deal with this - similar to block heaters,
etc. The average Brit just can't comprehend a really cold winter!