UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 10:42, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise...


And so the cycle begins again.

Get help, you need it.

--
Spike
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 434
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:42:59 +0100, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who doesn't
want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life for a pair
of calves born into the dairy industry that are being killed so that we
can consume the milk meant for them (after we have weaned, from a
different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses in
2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?

story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994582704&scm ts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m


.....or a woman (not trans)
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,696
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 11:42, T i m wrote:
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m

love creamy wonk
  #5   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 10:51:14 -0000 (UTC), jon wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:42:59 +0100, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who doesn't
want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life for a pair
of calves born into the dairy industry that are being killed so that we
can consume the milk meant for them (after we have weaned, from a
different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses in
2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?

story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994582704&sc mts=scwspsdd


....or a woman (not trans)


Quite!

It's actually quite sad how so many are completely ignorant of what
has to go on for us to be able to take the milk away from the young of
a different species, even thinking us 'milking cows' (/goats etc) is
something that has to be done 'anyway' and so we are doing them a
favour!

https://ibb.co/K63H7Rs
https://ibb.co/VDR6Mny
https://ibb.co/d7M0czM

Cheers, T i m


  #7   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,062
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

Tim

I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).

And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



"T i m" wrote in message
...
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m


  #8   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 43,017
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

In article ,
NY wrote:
Tim


I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).


And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



I think Timmy also needs to talk to a few leopards, etc, if he wants the
young of all species preserved.

Animals using another species for their own selfish needs is rife in
nature.


"T i m" wrote in message
...
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m


--
*When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 11:42, T i m wrote:
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m


Nice tasty lunch for the local foxhounds though.
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 103
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

T i m wrote:
It's actually quite sad how so many are completely ignorant
of what has to go on for us to be able to take the milk away
from the young of a different species, even thinking us 'milking
cows' (/goats etc) is something that has to be done 'anyway' and
so we are doing them a favour!


We might arguably not be doing "cows" as some sort of species-group
any favours, but the individual dairy-herd cows - yes, we are
doing them a favour by milking them. As I understand it, they
have been bred to produce so much milk that *not* milking them
regularly would have significant negative consequences.

#Paul


  #11   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 875
Default Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

Brian Gaff (Sofa) formulated on Tuesday :
Of course we know but while the world likes veal etc it will go on. In fact
if we wanted to we could use artificial hormones to make Cows express milk,
but i myself do not eat Veal, the French do though.
Brian


French, Germans and Italians for certain, probably the Spanish too.
  #12   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,120
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

So what's the difference between you and a racist? You think it's ok to murder someone because they're a different species?


On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:44:41 +0100, NY wrote:

Tim

I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).

And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



"T i m" wrote in message
...
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m


  #13   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,120
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:59:59 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
NY wrote:
Tim


I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).


And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



I think Timmy also needs to talk to a few leopards, etc, if he wants the
young of all species preserved.

Animals using another species for their own selfish needs is rife in
nature.


Just because someone else does something bad doesn't mean you should too.
  #14   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,120
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:42:59 +0100, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd


They're then eaten by meat-eaters. You have to kill if you want meat, so we might aswell get milk from them first.
  #15   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 18:18, Commander Kinsey wrote:
So what's the difference between you and a racist?Â* You think it's ok to
murder someone because they're a different species?

If they are a different species, its not murder





--
"Strange as it seems, no amount of learning can cure stupidity, and
higher education positively fortifies it."

- Stephen Vizinczey



  #16   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 19:48:52 +0100, The Natural Idiot, the notorious,
troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered again:

So what's the difference between you and a racist?* You think it's ok to
murder someone because they're a different species?

If they are a different species, its not murder


What clinically insane and off topic sick **** is this now about, The
Natural Idiot?
  #17   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 10,161
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 15:09, Andrew wrote:
On 01/06/2021 11:42, T i m wrote:
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd


Cheers, T i m


Nice tasty lunch for the local foxhounds though.



I have just added veal to my shopping list.



--
Adam
  #18   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 145
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 15:09, Andrew wrote:
On 01/06/2021 11:42, T i m wrote:


Why are there so many "duplicate" threads from this (plonked) wanacker?
  #19   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

Commander Kinsey wrote

So what's the difference between you and a racist?


Most racists don't eat the person they kill.

Lots of tribalists used to eat bits of the people they
killed tho, mostly the heart etc for some weird reason.

You think it's ok to murder someone because they're a different species?


Yep, I am a carnivore and am not stupid enough
to eat nothing but lettuce and cheese etc.

And I don't tell other what they should eat either.


NY wrote


Tim


I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk
because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).

And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



"T i m" wrote in message
...
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m


  #20   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default The Two Brain Dead Inseparable Trolling Resident Sociopaths together again

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 05:36:49 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent
Speed, the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the two subnormal sociopathic cretins' endless absolutely idiotic
blather

--
TYPICAL retarded "conversation" between sociopath Rodent and sociopath
Birdbrain from August 26th 2018:

Birdbrain: "I have one head but 5 fingers."

Senile Rodent: "Obvious lie. You hairy legged cross dressers are so inbred
that you all have two heads."

Birdbrain: "You're the one that likes hairy legs remember?"

Senile Rodent: "The problem isnt the hairy legs, it's the gross inbreeding
that
produces two headed unemployables like you."

Birdbrain: "So why did you mention hairy legs?"

Senile Rodent: "Because that's what those who arent actually stupid enough
to shave their legs have."

Birdbrain: "You only have hairy legs if both of the following are true:
1) You're quite far back on the evolutionary scale.
2) You haven't learned what a razor is for."

Senile Rodent: "Only a terminal ****wit or a woman shaves their legs."

Birdbrain: "There is literally zero point in having hair all over your
body."

Senile Rodent: "There is even less point in wasting your time changing what
you are born with."

MID:


  #22   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:32:10 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

And this is news is it?


To many, of course.

Of course we know but while the world likes veal etc it will go on.


Not with the right education. Many people have done many things
considered 'acceptable' then that are no longer acceptable today and
especially re the treatment of animals.

In fact
if we wanted to we could use artificial hormones to make Cows express milk,


And reap the benefits in further worsening help issues.

but i myself do not eat Veal,


I never have either, nor 'escargot'.

the French do though.


Not everone who is French doesn't, especially all the French vegans.

Cheers, T i m
  #23   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:44:41 +0100, "NY" wrote:

Tim

I've got a great idea.


The chances are it won't be but carry on. ;-)

I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'.

I know you do. It would be interesting to know if you would still do
that if you had to cut the throat of the animals yourself.

You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).


I will, thanks.

And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.


Ironically you are already 'foisting' your views on innocent creatures
so there is no parallel or comparison.

Se, I'm not a vegan for me, I'm a vegan for all the animals that don't
deserve to suffer and die and for the world that is being destroyed,
just because the likes of you simply 'like' the taste of meat because
of your conditioning. If you could be conditioned to do something,
surely the most logical thing would be further conditioned not to do
that thing, especially when the lives of innocent / sentient creatures
are involved?

https://ibb.co/BTWRXZh

But not if you really couldn't give a **** about all animals that is?

What does dog taste like, or cat, or do you draw the line somewhere?

And I'm guessing you DGAF about other humans either, all the
antibiotic resistance from the livestock we consume. Or the habitat
destruction threatening the remaining wildlife? Or those humans
starving because of the inefficient way we use resources? Or the
pollution we humans are suffering from all the livestock waste ...?

https://ibb.co/LSnDJCz

See, it's not all about you and what you happen to have been
conditioned to eat ...

"Carnistic Defenses

Carnism runs counter to core human values, such as compassion and
justice. Most people wouldn’t willingly violate these values and
support unnecessary violence toward other sentient beings. Therefore,
carnism—like other oppressive systems, such as patriarchy and
racism—uses a set of psychological defense mechanisms that distort our
thoughts and block our natural empathy, so that we act against our
values without fully realizing what we’re doing. In other words,
carnism conditions us not to think and feel.

Carnistic defenses hide the contradictions between our values and
behaviors, so that we unknowingly make exceptions to what we would
normally consider unethical. "

https://carnism.org/carnism/

Cheers, T i m
  #24   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:59:59 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
NY wrote:
Tim


I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).


And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



I think Timmy also needs to talk to a few leopards, etc, if he wants the
young of all species preserved.


Oh please. Dave, look up 'livestock' and 'wild animals' and see if you
can spot any differences (oh, and where have I even mentioned anything
close to expecting 'the young of all species to be preserved')?

Animals using another species for their own selfish needs is rife in
nature.


Ah, so you are setting your moral standards to be the same as that of
a wild animal that often has no choice? That opens up all sorts of
possibilities for you then doesn't but just check first how many are
illegal. ;-(

And good luck on your 'natural hunt' with your 5mm canine teeth and
digestive system that can't easily process raw meat (like a leopard
has to as an obligate carnivore).

Cheers, T i m
  #25   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 05:36:49 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Yep, I am a carnivore


No you aren't. You are an omnivore that has learned to be able to
digest (some) meat after processing it with fire etc.

You of all people should understand how scurvy comes about!

and am not stupid enough
to eat nothing but lettuce and cheese etc.


Hardly a 'balanced diet' so well done for that. And the doctor could
well advise you against eating cheese but unlikely to suggest you stop
eating lettuce.

And I don't tell other what they should eat either.


You would if they were holding a knife at your dogs throat.

But it's not about what people should or shouldn't eat, it's about
what should be considered food to a supposedly advanced species in
2021.

Cheers, T i m


  #26   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 18:19:28 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:42:59 +0100, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd


They're then eaten by meat-eaters.


True.

You have to kill if you want meat,


True.

so we might aswell get milk from them first.


Except I'm not sure 'we' eat the meat from a 7 year old worn out dairy
cow or a day old calf?

Cheers, T i m

  #27   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 20:32:29 +0100, Chris Bacon
wrote:

On 01/06/2021 15:09, Andrew wrote:
On 01/06/2021 11:42, T i m wrote:


Why are there so many "duplicate" threads from this (plonked) wanacker?


Why can't you deal with it with yer magic killfile?

Cheers, T i m
  #28   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 15,560
Default Troll-feeding Senile C R E T I N Alert!

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 22:19:37 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:


Except I'm not sure 'we' eat the meat from a 7 year old worn out dairy
cow or a day old calf?

Cheers, D i m


Except I'm absolutely sure that you are shameless demented senile sucker of
troll cock, D I M!
  #29   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 40,893
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

T i m wrote
NY wrote


I've got a great idea.


I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because
I put humans' needs/desires before animals'.


I know you do. It would be interesting to know if you would
still do that if you had to cut the throat of the animals yourself.


I know I would because I have done that repeatedly.

And shot stuff for sport too.
  #30   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 18:19, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:42:59 +0100, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd


They're then eaten by meat-eaters.* You have to kill if you want meat,
so we might aswell get milk from them first.


+1


  #31   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 22:19, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 18:19:28 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 11:42:59 +0100, T i m wrote:

For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd


They're then eaten by meat-eaters.


True.

You have to kill if you want meat,


True.

so we might aswell get milk from them first.


Except I'm not sure 'we' eat the meat from a 7 year old worn out dairy
cow or a day old calf?


https://www.coombefarmorganic.co.uk/...red-dairy-beef
"Retired cows from our dairy herd €“ which would not otherwise be used
for meat €“ are grown on, grazing our organic pastures and producing beef
with huge, long-lasting flavour and wonderful marbling. You really
should try it. We promise you won't be disappointed".

I'm sure we won't.
  #32   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 22:02, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:44:41 +0100, "NY" wrote:

Tim

I've got a great idea.


The chances are it won't be but carry on. ;-)

I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'.

I know you do. It would be interesting to know if you would still do
that if you had to cut the throat of the animals yourself.


Some of us would rather they were stunned or bolted first. We know you
don't care about animal welfare sufficiently to sign this:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300257

You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).


I will, thanks.


Some of which are contradictory. There is nothing ethical for a vegan to
have a pet dog.

And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.


Ironically you are already 'foisting' your views on innocent creatures
so there is no parallel or comparison.


Animals do not understand these views, so hardly foisted on them.

Se, I'm not a vegan for me,


We all knew you were dragged into veganism against your own wishes, but
now show nothing but envy that our loved ones allow us to eat meat and
your so called loved ones don't

I'm a vegan for all the animals that don't
deserve to suffer


That's another lie. You are on record as saying you don't care for
animal welfare whilst an animal is alive, which simply confirms your
envy towards us.

and die and for the world that is being destroyed,
just because the likes of you simply 'like' the taste of meat because
of your conditioning. If you could be conditioned to do something,
surely the most logical thing would be further conditioned not to do
that thing, especially when the lives of innocent / sentient creatures
are involved?


We are conditioned through evolution to eat meat and meat products as
part of a natural healthy diet.

https://ibb.co/BTWRXZh


Quite, it is personal choice.

But not if you really couldn't give a **** about all animals that is?


Which you don't by your own admission. Why don't you sign this petition?
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/300257

What does dog taste like, or cat, or do you draw the line somewhere?


Yes, it's called choice. Some cultures like Guinea Pigs.

And I'm guessing you DGAF about other humans either, all the
antibiotic resistance from the livestock we consume.


Some of use do, and even though the jury is out on this subject, I would
have no problem in banning antibiotics for non-humans.

Or the habitat
destruction threatening the remaining wildlife? Or those humans
starving because of the inefficient way we use resources? Or the
pollution we humans are suffering from all the livestock waste ...?

https://ibb.co/LSnDJCz


So there are too many people on this planet.

See, it's not all about you and what you happen to have been
conditioned to eat ...


This is all about you, your fanaticism and narcissism.

"Carnistic Defenses

Carnism runs counter to core human values, such as compassion and
justice. Most people wouldnt willingly violate these values and
support unnecessary violence toward other sentient beings. Therefore,
carnism€”like other oppressive systems, such as patriarchy and
racism€”uses a set of psychological defense mechanisms that distort our
thoughts and block our natural empathy, so that we act against our
values without fully realizing what were doing. In other words,
carnism conditions us not to think and feel.


Are you on another planet? I wonder who you are talking about? Human
values include a natural balanced diet, where it is proven that removing
meat and meat products from children stunts their development.

Carnistic defenses hide the contradictions between our values and
behaviors, so that we unknowingly make exceptions to what we would
normally consider unethical. "


I should have expected you are only able to cut and past from fanatical
website:
https://www.all-creatures.org/articl...-defenses.html

https://carnism.org/carnism/


Again, a website that forgets we have evolved to eat meat as part of a
natural balanced diet, where it is proven that removing meat and meat
products from children stunts their development.
  #33   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 22:16, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 05:36:49 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

snip

Yep, I am a carnivore


No you aren't. You are an omnivore that has learned to be able to
digest (some) meat after processing it with fire etc.

You of all people should understand how scurvy comes about!


Quite, which goes to the importance of a natural balanced diet.
and am not stupid enough
to eat nothing but lettuce and cheese etc.


Hardly a 'balanced diet' so well done for that. And the doctor could
well advise you against eating cheese but unlikely to suggest you stop
eating lettuce.


Or may not.

And I don't tell other what they should eat either.


You would if they were holding a knife at your dogs throat.


That is effectively what you do to your dogs, eat this or starve.

But it's not about what people should or shouldn't eat, it's about
what should be considered food to a supposedly advanced species in
2021.


Yep, and advanced species evolved to eat meat and meat products as part
of a healthy, natural balanced diet.
  #34   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 18:18, Commander Kinsey wrote:
So what's the difference between you and a racist?* You think it's ok to
murder someone because they're a different species?


On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:44:41 +0100, NY wrote:

Tim

I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk
because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).

And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



"T i m" wrote in message
...
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd


By the very definition of murder, you cannot murder a different species.
One day you'll read a dictionary and look the word up.

Hey. I'll even help, "Unlawful premeditated killing of a human*being by
a human*being".
  #35   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 22:09, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 13:59:59 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
NY wrote:
Tim


I've got a great idea. I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because I
put humans' needs/desires before animals'. You carry on not doing so, for
very valid ethical reasons (even if I disagree with them).


And let's neither of us try to foist our opinions on the other.



I think Timmy also needs to talk to a few leopards, etc, if he wants the
young of all species preserved.


Oh please. Dave, look up 'livestock' and 'wild animals' and see if you
can spot any differences (oh, and where have I even mentioned anything
close to expecting 'the young of all species to be preserved')?


Livestock seem to have an easy life in comparison with wild animals.

Animals using another species for their own selfish needs is rife in
nature.


Ah, so you are setting your moral standards to be the same as that of
a wild animal that often has no choice? That opens up all sorts of
possibilities for you then doesn't but just check first how many are
illegal. ;-(


We are an animal, with dietary need that include meat products. Now if
we had 3 stomachs then we could chew on grass for 24/7.......

And good luck on your 'natural hunt' with your 5mm canine teeth and
digestive system that can't easily process raw meat (like a leopard
has to as an obligate carnivore).


That is why we have developed cooking skills.


  #36   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,591
Default Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On 01/06/2021 21:31, T i m wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jun 2021 13:32:10 +0100, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa\)"
wrote:

And this is news is it?


To many, of course.

Of course we know but while the world likes veal etc it will go on.


Not with the right education. Many people have done many things
considered 'acceptable' then that are no longer acceptable today and
especially re the treatment of animals.


The right education is that we have evolved to consume milk, that meat
and meat products feature in a natural balanced diet, and vegan diets
are known to have serious consequences on mental health and a child's
brain development.

In fact
if we wanted to we could use artificial hormones to make Cows express milk,


And reap the benefits in further worsening help issues.


You need a lot of help. I recommend seeing your GP ASAP.

but i myself do not eat Veal,


I never have either, nor 'escargot'.

the French do though.


Not everone who is French doesn't, especially all the French vegans.


99% of the French population are not vegans.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarianism_by_country
  #38   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 13,431
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow of course).

On Wed, 2 Jun 2021 10:01:30 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

T i m wrote
NY wrote


I've got a great idea.


I'll carry on eating meat and drinking milk because
I put humans' needs/desires before animals'.


I know you do. It would be interesting to know if you would
still do that if you had to cut the throat of the animals yourself.


I know I would because I have done that repeatedly.


But I wasn't asking you.

And shot stuff for sport too.


Oh, I'm sure you have and I'm sure it was a very 'balanced' sport and
made you feel like a real big man.

Cheers, T i m
  #39   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 01/06/2021 20:26, T i m wrote:

Quite, given they wouldn't actually exist in such a mutated state if
it weren't for out intrusion. Why would they?


Darwin called it 'Natural Selection', and since then we've learned how
to give it a helping hand.

You are admitting the only way they could survive is by our continuing
to exploit them (so we should)?


That's what comes from being at the top of the food chain, and the
benefits of better brain power as a result of eating meat. Just look
what happens to new recruits to religious cults - they are put on a
'cleansing diet' that just happens to have no meat in it, resulting in
them having reduced mental capacity and therefore easier to manipulate
psychologically. I doubt you'd see any parallels with evangelical veganism.

--
Spike
  #40   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On 02/06/2021 02:00, Fredxx wrote:
On 01/06/2021 22:09, T i m wrote:


We are an animal, with dietary need that include meat products. Now if
we had 3 stomachs then we could chew on grass for 24/7.......


And good luck on your 'natural hunt' with your 5mm canine teeth and
digestive system that can't easily process raw meat (like a leopard
has to as an obligate carnivore).


That is why we have developed cooking skills.


I think T i m is forgetting, in his rush to condemn, just how often he
virtue-signals his love of vegetable matter that has been highly
processed (at a cost to the environment and what he believes is 'global
warming') to look like, smell like, cook like, and taste like the very
things he condemns others for eating, in his anti-meat-eating crusade
thinly disguised as family-initiated 'veganism'. Note also that T i m
doesn't live on a diet of raw vegetables and fruit, in fact in his diet
there is a lot of processing both in the factory and at home.


--
Spike
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cow Proof Fence? Not Electrified Abby Home Repair 19 December 14th 12 03:39 AM
O/T: Smith's Dairy CNG Station Lew Hodgett[_6_] Woodworking 0 September 1st 12 09:48 PM
A cord is a cord, of course, of course ...... Steve B[_2_] Home Repair 12 December 18th 09 05:55 AM
WORLD TOURSIM WORLD TRAVEL WORLD PACKAGE TAJMAHAL TEMPLE Home Repair 0 April 7th 08 05:33 PM
Steel milk cans..OT Raw milk Ace Metalworking 2 September 18th 05 02:26 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2024 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"