Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default OT: Happy 'World Milk Day'. (Not if you are a dairy cow ofcourse).

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 21:02:04 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 18:55:04 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

I freed a couple of sheep with their heads jammed in a fence.

Probably one of DickHeadxx traps. It wasn't Spuke as he doesn't eat
sheep for some reason (or cows) but eats everything else apparently.

Wasn't a trap, it was the fence supposed to be keeping them in.

I know rolls eyes ... ;-)

They let me do it. They did not let the previous person do it. They somehow sensed I would be more careful.

Animals do have a good sense of that ... many have a greater sense of
that than we do (given the range of senses they can use that we don't
even possess).

No dog is ever vicious with me, even when the owner has warned me I'll get my finger removed.

I still might stay respectful and let the dog come to me etc.

This happened a few years back. I went to post something through a woman's letterbox (they're on the front door for any backward Americans reading this). There was a closed gate and a sleeping large dog. I had to open the gate to get to the letterbox. The dog awoke and very quickly shot out of the garden and ran off out of sight. The woman ran out of the house swearing at me, chased the dog, and took several minutes to get it anywhere near the house, but it wouldn't go on the lead or in the garden. Still waiting in the garden, I crouched down and beckoned to the dog. It came over and played with me. She shut the gate, stared at me, then said, "That was very stupid!" "What?" "That dog is dangerous! Why did you come in my garden?" "You hid your front door behind the garden." "Get off my property!" "With or without the dog that hates you?" I opened the gate to leave and the dog tried to follow, almost knocking her down when she stopped it.

I once cuddled a cat while waiting for someone to answer the door, the owner was shocked, she claimed even she had her face clawed if she tried that.

Yup, I seem to have a similar reaction. I was warned against putting
my fingers anywhere near the cage of sisters neighbours large parrot
when they were away and she was looking after it. I went with her to
feed it and she popped home to get something and when she came back it
had it's head up against the bars and I was stroking it. Apparently
it's beak was like 'bolt croppers' and it 'hated men'. ;-(

I had a macaw that was in love with an amazon (called Sky). If I tried to pick up Sky, the macaw would shout "No! Don't touch! Leave Sky alone!" Ignoring this warning was not advisable. It's cool how they learn the meaning of words from things I've said and put them together in a different order.

And for a smallish dog he's got a very loud bark and that has made
many people jump. ;-)

I know one dog I can make very angry by staring at it. Quite funny as I can make it charge at the front door by looking through the window. The hallway is slippery (laminate), it never remembers this and collides with the door at high speed.

They can forget themselves sometimes but I tend not to torment them
under any circumstances.

Teasing isn't tormenting.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Fri, 04 Jun 2021 20:13:53 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 03/06/2021 19:22, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Tue, 01 Jun 2021 20:23:18 +0100, ARW
wrote:

On 01/06/2021 15:09, Andrew wrote:
On 01/06/2021 11:42, T i m wrote:
For those who don't realise just how much death is associated with the
dairy industry (I'm looking at the likes of you Commander Kinsey g),
here is a little video (graphic, so not suitable for anyone who
doesn't want to face the truth) showing the end of a very short life
for a pair of calves born into the dairy industry that are being
killed so that we can consume the milk meant for them (after we have
weaned, from a different species ...)

'65,000 male calves under a month old were killed in slaughterhouses
in 2020 in the UK' (plus those killed on farms).

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1806286909533965&id=389132994 582704&scmts=scwspsdd

Cheers, T i m

Nice tasty lunch for the local foxhounds though.

I have just added veal to my shopping list.

Is your stomach too lazy to digest things fully? Cats are like that.

I could digest a cat.

Dogs digest cat ****, would you do that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 19:38:05 +0100, Fredxx wrote:

On 06/06/2021 18:52, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 20:17:15 +0100, Andrew
wrote:

On 05/06/2021 20:04, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 18:57:19 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:
snip stupid troll trolling

Just how can you prove whether an animal knows what death is?

I once saw a video of a wild bird being upset at the death of it's
mate.

Many species 'mourn' the death of their kind and will even go back to
the exact same spot year after year.

It's stupid trolls like ****Headxx who obviously don't have a clue
about the animal kingdom (which is surprising, considering they think
themselves a god) that then make such ridiculous statements like
'animals can't give consent' when it's patently obvious they can.

But if what he decides is 'acceptable' re how he treats another living
creature on it being able to give consent (or not able to give
consent, as his rule works) woah betide any baby or mentally
challenged person who is near him when he's hungry. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Cows are given a reprieve (from causing global warming) -

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology...-methane-burps

I thought it was common knowledge that cows are nowhere near the biggest
producer of methane.

It is significant, but there are food additives that reduce it. You
won't find any fanatical vegan promoting this.

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ons-scientists

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33805324/

There's no point in reducing something that isn't the main cause.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 18:40:53 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:
snip

There's no point in reducing something that isn't the main cause.

The problem with DickHeadxx's logic is that because he's a god he
*believes* he can do anything he likes to animals (but will select
some that he won't do anything to using some arbitrary and not set by
him rules).

His *solution* to the exploitation, pain and suffering is to reduce it
(impossible to remove it), still doing the final act of cruelty by
taking the life of an animal (often whilst very young).

So his answer to (human) slavery and all the pain, suffering,
exploitation and death that caused wouldn't have been to simply stop
it completely, but to have given the slaves lighter chains, water
twice a day and *only* beat them if they didn't do what he asked
(because that's the sort of 'high welfare guy he is).

I'm not sure if there will ever be a time in his shift as a god where
he will see that whilst the above is bad enough, all the *other*
negative stuff adds up to a process that some of us simply don't want
a part of and because there *are* innocent and voiceless creatures who
are suffering for him, to try to get others to be aware of all the
injustice and do the right thing themselves.

When confronted with the above, all the likes of DickHeadxx will do is
try to distract from what he does (the routine killing of innocent
creatures because he likes how they taste and *believes* doing so is
essential) buy repeating ad hominem about vegans keeping dogs (even if
they rescued them for an uncertain future), pets that are often give
the best and typically live 12-15 years longer than most animals that
end up on his plate.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Troll-feeding Senile C R E T I N Alert!

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 19:38:41 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

There's no point in reducing something that isn't the main cause.

The problem with DickHeadxx's logic is that because he's a god he
*believes*

The problem with you and him is that BOTH of you are endlessly driveling
senile IDIOTS and troll-feeding ASSHOLES!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 18:31:48 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

I still might stay respectful and let the dog come to me etc.

This happened a few years back. I went to post something through a woman's letterbox (they're on the front door for any backward Americans reading this).

;-)

There was a closed gate and a sleeping large dog. I had to open the gate to get to the letterbox. The dog awoke and very quickly shot out of the garden and ran off out of sight. The woman ran out of the house swearing at me,

I sort of get that, especially if you saw the dog before opening the
gate?

chased the dog, and took several minutes to get it anywhere near the house, but it wouldn't go on the lead or in the garden. Still waiting in the garden, I crouched down and beckoned to the dog. It came over and played with me.

Like they do when you aren't threatening to the or even better, look
like fun.

She shut the gate, stared at me, then said, "That was very stupid!" "What?" "That dog is dangerous! Why did you come in my garden?" "You hid your front door behind the garden." "Get off my property!" "With or without the dog that hates you?" I opened the gate to leave and the dog tried to follow, almost knocking her down when she stopped it.

Hehe. And some people don't think animals can't give consent (or
assent or dissent). ;-)

Met a lady (again [1]) when walking to a mates with the Mrs earlier
who was waling / trainer her 18 month old golden lab. While we were
chatting I was playing ball with the dog and at one point he picked up
my Tilley hat and ran off with it. So I picked up his ball and he
dropped the hat. ;-)

snip

I had a macaw that was in love with an amazon (called Sky).

I really couldn't keep a bird and never have. Seems to be the ultimate
level of imprisonment to me, other than maybe racing pigeons (but
don't agree with those either etc). Of all creatures that deserve to
be free, birds are it.

I did rescue a Rock Dove that (after treatment by the vet) couldn't
fly so stayed in the garden in the roost I made him / her.

The whippets could typically get to any visiting cat before they could
get near the pigeon. ;-)

If I tried to pick up Sky, the macaw would shout "No! Don't touch! Leave Sky alone!"

And he was completely right of course, unless you left the window open
during the day for it to come and go as it pleased?

Ignoring this warning was not advisable.

;-)

It's cool how they learn the meaning of words from things I've said and put them together in a different order.

Most animals are 'cool' and all of them deserve to live as *they*
choose. Before the trolls jump in, the exception (or certainly the
last to do) is the *domesticated* dog as they have evolved to live
with and often rely on man and why they (not cat's or anything else)
are 'Mans best friend'.

snip

They can forget themselves sometimes but I tend not to torment them
under any circumstances.

Teasing isn't tormenting.

It can be, depending how it's done.

I was talking to a young mum and her young daughter in the park the
other day and she admitted she was frightened of dogs (because ours
tends to greet most people who deem to look at him with a fairy loud
greeting). From further conversation (I like to learn the reasons
behind such fears if people are happy to chat) was because her dads
Doberman bit her on the face when she was young but she quickly added
'because I was teasing him'.

So that was a good example of the tormenting not being 'accepted' by
the dog (as fun / play) and it's dissent was indicated in a pretty
clear way.

Our (daughters) dog will now be very accepting of you say moving his
food bowl whilst he's eating or holding onto a chewie while he bites
bits off but if you try to go near something he's chewing and even
sneakily try to get it it's very clear (by how fast he turns his head
or moves away) he doesn't want to play (like you can stroke his head
or even his nose but if you move that stroking down towards his mouth
....). ;-)

This is very different to stopping him trying to swallow a cooked
chicken bone he finds on the street when I will happily put my fingers
in his mouth and get him to spit it out. When he does, I give him a
treat in exchange.

Cheers, T i m

[1] They (her and her partner) are cutting down on meat (and only have
meat / fish once a week) and cut out cows milk years ago because she
doesn't like the smell and how it comes about. They have a few
(ethical) vegan friends and have no issues sharing meals with any of
them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 23:16:32 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

FLUSH the disgusting sick senile asshole's latest ****

Just what kind of a disgusting SICK ASSHOLE are you, C R E T I N? tsk
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

On Tue, 08 Jun 2021 23:16:32 +0100, T i m wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2021 18:31:48 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

I still might stay respectful and let the dog come to me etc.

This happened a few years back. I went to post something through a woman's letterbox (they're on the front door for any backward Americans reading this).

;-)

There was a closed gate and a sleeping large dog. I had to open the gate to get to the letterbox. The dog awoke and very quickly shot out of the garden and ran off out of sight. The woman ran out of the house swearing at me,

I sort of get that, especially if you saw the dog before opening the
gate?

*sleeping* large dog.

chased the dog, and took several minutes to get it anywhere near the house, but it wouldn't go on the lead or in the garden. Still waiting in the garden, I crouched down and beckoned to the dog. It came over and played with me.

Like they do when you aren't threatening to the or even better, look
like fun.

I wasn't the one that shut it in a small garden.

She shut the gate, stared at me, then said, "That was very stupid!" "What?" "That dog is dangerous! Why did you come in my garden?" "You hid your front door behind the garden." "Get off my property!" "With or without the dog that hates you?" I opened the gate to leave and the dog tried to follow, almost knocking her down when she stopped it.

Hehe. And some people don't think animals can't give consent (or
assent or dissent). ;-)

Met a lady (again [1]) when walking to a mates with the Mrs earlier
who was waling / trainer her 18 month old golden lab. While we were
chatting I was playing ball with the dog and at one point he picked up
my Tilley hat and ran off with it. So I picked up his ball and he
dropped the hat. ;-)

Ah! Bribery!

snip

I had a macaw that was in love with an amazon (called Sky).

I really couldn't keep a bird and never have. Seems to be the ultimate
level of imprisonment to me, other than maybe racing pigeons (but
don't agree with those either etc). Of all creatures that deserve to
be free, birds are it.

I don't like them in cages, I keep them in aviaries or loose in the house. At the moment, there are 6 greys and amazons (out of 8) who have chosen not to come out of the aviaries. The doors are open into the house, and only two regularly come out to explore.

I did rescue a Rock Dove that (after treatment by the vet) couldn't
fly so stayed in the garden in the roost I made him / her.

The whippets could typically get to any visiting cat before they could
get near the pigeon. ;-)

If I tried to pick up Sky, the macaw would shout "No! Don't touch! Leave Sky alone!"

And he was completely right of course, unless you left the window open
during the day for it to come and go as it pleased?

They don't understand the dangers of hawks, other people, cars, etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair,alt.computer.workshop

Default Troll-feeding Senile ASSHOLE Alert!

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:39:16 +0100, Fredxx, the notorious, troll-feeding,
senile smartass, blathered again:

I thought you were brighter than this.

WHAT made you "think" so, Freddie, you troll-feeding senile smartass? Your
senility? BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:54:01 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:
snip

Human slaughter is not cruel? So if I slice your head off and you die instantly, I wouldn't go to jail? Get real.

DickHeadxx's 'thing' is 'Animal welfare. If the animal is suffering
(even if only mental cruelty) or being exploited (often to an early
death) then that's ok, as long as there are given some level of basic
comforts (food, water, shelter) till the point you stick a bolt gun in
their face.

So, at the Yulin dog / cat meat festival, he wouldn't be actively
campaigning trying to stop it or even not supporting it, he would be
asking people to sign a petition ensuring that only 5 dogs should be
stuffed into one small cage, rather than the 10 they do at the moment
and that if they are currently given water once a week, he would
'petition' to make it twice.

This virtue signaling means little to the cats and dogs that are
*still* suffering for ages in cages out in the heat or cold before
being skinned or cooked alive.

Nephew, also thinking he was actually helping when out in Thailand by
buying a wild bird that was due to be killed and eaten to set it free.
All that meant is that bird will likely earn the seller twice when
they catch, kill and cook it the next time round.

Oh, and DickHeadxx also suffers from specism, logical inconsistency
and hypocrisy. He wants to *stop people* eating foie gras and that's
ok because *he* understands that to be cruel. He doesn't accept why
many who understand *all* animals have rights can't agree with his
inconsistency, him not letting people eat one animal because he thinks
it's treated cruelly but not all the others that are treated equally
cruelly?

I bet he rattles off a strong letter of complaint to the
slaughterhouse that is outed for it's bad treatment of animals (over
and above the std bad treatment, like killing innocent creatures etc)
when he would have far better impact by not supporting the cruelty in
the first place by not buying the stuff. [1]

But he doesn't *actually* care about animals, outside the nutrients
they provide him and so why he can't possibly ever agree that taking
an animals life against it's will is wrong, even when it's proven to
be unnecessary and with a long list of other reasons why it's bad for
him and all of us.

Cheers, T i m

[1] Same logic with stolen property. Making it illegal or locking
stuff away doesn't work. If people stopped buying the stuff they would
quickly stop nicking it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
snip

Human slaughter is not cruel? So if I slice your head off and you die instantly, I wouldn't go to jail? Get real.

DickHeadxx's 'thing' is 'Animal welfare. If the animal is suffering
(even if only mental cruelty) or being exploited (often to an early
death) then that's ok, as long as there are given some level of basic
comforts (food, water, shelter) till the point you stick a bolt gun in
their face.

I assume you are referring to me, resorting to abuse is acceptance you
have no sane argument of substance.

So, at the Yulin dog / cat meat festival, he wouldn't be actively
campaigning trying to stop it or even not supporting it, he would be
asking people to sign a petition ensuring that only 5 dogs should be
stuffed into one small cage, rather than the 10 they do at the moment
and that if they are currently given water once a week, he would
'petition' to make it twice.

I don't attend these. I expect you wank over cats and dogs being killed.

This virtue signaling means little to the cats and dogs that are
*still* suffering for ages in cages out in the heat or cold before
being skinned or cooked alive.

I don't see how caring for animals while they are alive signals anything
other than my desire for improved animal welfare. You seem in denial of
this.

Nephew, also thinking he was actually helping when out in Thailand by
buying a wild bird that was due to be killed and eaten to set it free.
All that meant is that bird will likely earn the seller twice when
they catch, kill and cook it the next time round.

A bit like you keeping dogs. By keeping rescues you create a demand for
discarded dogs. Rather than mutilating their genitals they could be put
down, just with a larger injection of anaesthetic. Saving them from pain
from their operation, as well as cruelly fed plant food.

Oh, and DickHeadxx also suffers from specism, logical inconsistency
and hypocrisy. He wants to *stop people* eating foie gras and that's
ok because *he* understands that to be cruel. He doesn't accept why
many who understand *all* animals have rights can't agree with his
inconsistency, him not letting people eat one animal because he thinks
it's treated cruelly but not all the others that are treated equally
cruelly?

That's right, we're a higher species. One that understands constructs
like consent. If your mental ability is similar to farm animals I can
see why you're so concerned over speciesism.

I want to improve animals standards. You endorse the force feeding of
geese to make fois gras.

If you think animals are treated cruelly then campaign for improvements
in animal welfare. You won't, because in reality you don't care.

I bet he rattles off a strong letter of complaint to the
slaughterhouse that is outed for it's bad treatment of animals (over
and above the std bad treatment,

You can bet as much as you like. I doubt a letter of complaint would be
taken seriously.

like killing innocent creatures etc)
when he would have far better impact by not supporting the cruelty in
the first place by not buying the stuff. [1]

There is nothing wrong for animals to be humanely slaughtered.

But he doesn't *actually* care about animals, outside the nutrients
they provide him and so why he can't possibly ever agree that taking
an animals life against it's will is wrong, even when it's proven to
be unnecessary and with a long list of other reasons why it's bad for
him and all of us.

Once again you are wrong, however hard you wish it to be otherwise. I
very much care for improvements for animal welfare while the animal is
alive. Why is that so difficult for you to accept?

Cheers, T i m

[1] Same logic with stolen property. Making it illegal or locking
stuff away doesn't work. If people stopped buying the stuff they would
quickly stop nicking it.

A bit like dogs being made available from rescue centres. You don't
understand why many who understand animal rights can't agree with your
inconsistency in keeping pets.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:05:47 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

Cheers, D i m

I flushed another load of your really unbearable senile off topic ****,
D i m, you troll-feeding, senile sicko!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 09 Jun 2021 18:53:35 +0100, "Commander Kinsey"
wrote:

snip

There was a closed gate and a sleeping large dog. I had to open the gate to get to the letterbox. The dog awoke and very quickly shot out of the garden and ran off out of sight. The woman ran out of the house swearing at me,

I sort of get that, especially if you saw the dog before opening the
gate?

*sleeping* large dog.

Yeahbut how many sleeping dogs have you sneaked up on? I can't move
without ours jumping up.

chased the dog, and took several minutes to get it anywhere near the house, but it wouldn't go on the lead or in the garden. Still waiting in the garden, I crouched down and beckoned to the dog. It came over and played with me.

Like they do when you aren't threatening to the or even better, look
like fun.

I wasn't the one that shut it in a small garden.

Quite.

She shut the gate, stared at me, then said, "That was very stupid!" "What?" "That dog is dangerous! Why did you come in my garden?" "You hid your front door behind the garden." "Get off my property!" "With or without the dog that hates you?" I opened the gate to leave and the dog tried to follow, almost knocking her down when she stopped it.

Hehe. And some people don't think animals can't give consent (or
assent or dissent). ;-)

Met a lady (again [1]) when walking to a mates with the Mrs earlier
who was waling / trainer her 18 month old golden lab. While we were
chatting I was playing ball with the dog and at one point he picked up
my Tilley hat and ran off with it. So I picked up his ball and he
dropped the hat. ;-)

Ah! Bribery!

Well, distraction at least. ;-)

snip

I had a macaw that was in love with an amazon (called Sky).

I really couldn't keep a bird and never have. Seems to be the ultimate
level of imprisonment to me, other than maybe racing pigeons (but
don't agree with those either etc). Of all creatures that deserve to
be free, birds are it.

I don't like them in cages, I keep them in aviaries

Isn't that just a big(er) cage though?

or loose in the house.

Again, 'in', when most birds can fly hundreds (thousands?) of miles a
day? I did see a lady out walking the other day who had a small (live)
parrot of some sort on her head! Assuming it wasn't glued there (and
could fly), I'm guessing it was quite happy or it could have flown
away. On the other hand it might not have been confident in flying
away as it didn't have the support of a flock?

At the moment, there are 6 greys and amazons (out of 8) who have chosen not to come out of the aviaries. The doors are open into the house, and only two regularly come out to explore.

What about the doors to freedom?

I did rescue a Rock Dove that (after treatment by the vet) couldn't
fly so stayed in the garden in the roost I made him / her.

The whippets could typically get to any visiting cat before they could
get near the pigeon. ;-)

If I tried to pick up Sky, the macaw would shout "No! Don't touch! Leave Sky alone!"

And he was completely right of course, unless you left the window open
during the day for it to come and go as it pleased?

They don't understand the dangers of hawks,

Well, possibly not, if they haven't evolved to be aware / avoid them
etc but that suggests they aren't in their natural habitat? Most
animals have an ingrained understanding of what might consider them
for dinner, except us of course with our traps and guns ...

other people, cars, etc.

I'm not sure many animals have fully evolved to deal with either yet,
except some birds possibly because of their mobility and fast reaction
times.

You still get them flying into lorries and windows when they don't
typically fly into cliffs and trees.

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 22:09:24 +0100, D i m, the absolutely brain dead
notorious troll-feeding senile asshole, blathered, yet again:

Yeahbut how many sleeping dogs have you sneaked up on? I can't move
without ours jumping up.

Keep your sick senile idiotic blather out of newsgroups meant for humans
only, you senile bull**** artist!