Old January 16th 20, 03:00 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hydrogen engines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6EC...MXl972-smqjpoI

Old January 16th 20, 05:13 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Nice short link then.
I thought fuel cells were the way to go, crack water using solar, then let
the oxygen free, use the hydrogen for the cell and when it combines with the
oxygen you get water plus some excess heat and electricity.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Old January 16th 20, 05:33 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

I thought fuel cells were the way to go, crack water using solar, then let
the oxygen free, use the hydrogen for the cell

Most industrial-scale hydrogen production seems to be steam reforming of
natural gas, i.e. more or less methane, split the four hydrogens from
the carbon, of course the carbon gets oxidised, producing carbon
monoxide or dioxide ...
Old January 16th 20, 06:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote:

I thought fuel cells were the way to go, crack water using solar, then let
the oxygen free, use the hydrogen for the cell

Most industrial-scale hydrogen production seems to be steam reforming of
natural gas, i.e. more or less methane, split the four hydrogens from
the carbon, of course the carbon gets oxidised, producing carbon
monoxide or dioxide ...

Hmm - does "Greta thunderbox" inc. know this?
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Old January 16th 20, 06:21 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Jimk Wrote in message:
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote:

I thought fuel cells were the way to go, crack water using solar, then let
the oxygen free, use the hydrogen for the cell

Most industrial-scale hydrogen production seems to be steam reforming of
natural gas, i.e. more or less methane, split the four hydrogens from
the carbon, of course the carbon gets oxidised, producing carbon
monoxide or dioxide ...

Hmm - does "Greta thunderbox" inc. know this?

Oops X3
--
Jimk

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Old January 16th 20, 06:49 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jimk" wrote in message
o.uk...
Andy Burns Wrote in message:
Brian Gaff wrote:

I thought fuel cells were the way to go, crack water using solar, then
let
the oxygen free, use the hydrogen for the cell

Most industrial-scale hydrogen production seems to be steam reforming of
natural gas, i.e. more or less methane, split the four hydrogens from
the carbon, of course the carbon gets oxidised, producing carbon
monoxide or dioxide ...

Hmm - does "Greta thunderbox" inc. know this?

We heard you the first time.

Old January 16th 20, 07:03 PM posted to uk.d-i-y

Jethro_uk wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:

Andy Burns wrote:

Most industrial-scale hydrogen production seems to be steam reforming of
natural gas, i.e. more or less methane, split the four hydrogens from
the carbon

By that method, the production of 1 ton of hydrogen generates 9-12 tons
of carbon dioxide

Whatever happened to hydrolysis ?

Twice as expensive?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrolysis_of_water#Efficiency