Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

In article ,
Pancho wrote:
On 16/01/2020 20:18, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/01/2020 14:00:49, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6EC...MXl972-smqjpoI

Shame it's so impractical to make hydrogen efficiently unless we build
more nukes.

How do you know wind cannot be used to make hydrogen. Serious question,
not making a point.

I vaguely remember someone claiming that the required number of
windmills would take up too much area in the UK, but I think I have also
seen claims we could produce ten times our requirements from wind.

as long as the wind is blowing.

Does anyone have a reliable source for a discussion of potential UK wind
capacity, + economics.

Hydrogen can also be used as a replacement for domestic gas heating.

I wonder what the Safety Elf would have to say about that ?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England