Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Hydrogen engines

In article ,
Jimk wrote:
The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 17/01/2020 10:01, FMurtz wrote:
harry wrote:
On Thursday, 16 January 2020 20:18:14 UTC, Fredxx wrote:
On 16/01/2020 14:00:49, harry wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6EC...MXl972-smqjpoI

Shame it's so impractical to make hydrogen efficiently unless we build
more nukes.

how do "nukes" make it more efficient?

Because nukes are much cheaper than other ways

It is not that it is more efficient per se,just massively more cost
effectibve. off peak nuclear electricity is almost giveaway

Itym "almost given away"....i.e. no demand but can't (practically)
stop making it....

which is why pumped storage schemes were build as partnerships with Nuclear.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England