Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bloody brisket ......

oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind there was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice ethnic chap
....he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/04/2019 13:01, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind there was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice ethnic chap
....he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

When we leave, we'll become so poor that the Romanians won't want to
come. Job done, eh!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales...

Good , now you know what it has been like in English cities for decades
when bloody Scotsmen and Irishmen
full of patriotism and drink made a bloody nuisance of themselves while
hating the English and England but never quite enough to bugger off back
home.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 13:08:18 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 11/04/2019 13:01, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind there was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice ethnic chap
....he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

When we leave, we'll become so poor that the Romanians won't want to
come. Job done, eh!

What makes you think they have come to work ?
I know a few that have but the more recent batches have come to 'clean cars'
I beleive most of these places are money laundering scams, it's not those worker their fault. Then there's the romainian lawyer I've know about since ~2001 who has refused to take English lessons so he can work in the UK, so he just lives of the 'dole'. I guess he knows his rights.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
What makes you think they have come to work ? I know a few that have but
the more recent batches have come to 'clean cars'

They do that for free, do they?

Wonder if they get time to post to newsgroups while at 'work'?

--
*Husband and cat lost -- reward for cat

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Around the corner is a Nails Studio. The staff have very good suntans, they
rent the place from a bloke who also has a very good suntan.
There is no way that the studio, which has been there for over 4 years, can
be showing a profit, or a livelihood.The place is open for maybe four days
per week. I see few customers. The staff drive BMWs.
How do I report?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 14:56:12 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
What makes you think they have come to work ? I know a few that have but
the more recent batches have come to 'clean cars'

They do that for free, do they?

Depends what you mean by free.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...modern-slavery

One night in August 2015, after a long shift at the Bubbles car wash in east London, Sandu Laurentiu was washing himself in the rat-infested shared flat provided by his employer. Shaip Nimani, 53, originally from Kosovo, had illegally bypassed the electricity meter at the property in Bethnal Green and tampered with the fuses to stop them blowing. The plumbing in the damp bathroom was not earthed. While he used the decrepit power shower, Laurentiu was electrocuted and killed.
The death of the 40-year-old Romanian labourer renewed concern about conditions at thousands of hand car washes across the country. The washes, which have mushroomed in petrol stations, car parks and empty forecourts, offer cleaning for as little as £5.

______________________
https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/...lawmakers.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-wash-car.html

I guess some are just happy to get their car washed as cheaply as possible.

Wonder if they get time to post to newsgroups while at 'work'?

Well when I go past most of sitting playing with there phones about 5 sometimes more but no one or very few cars are seen at the car wash.

I'd have thought that people would take their cars their after work.

lok at the queue at this one.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/whiskydave/44510735704/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd like however some clarification of what the options are and while they
are having their may eu elections simply lay out the options and let the
people decide. The question has now moved so far away from out or in to be
impossible to guess what is best.They need to come clean and say.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the
gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind there
was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice ethnic
chap
...he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 16:11:13 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd like however some clarification of what the options are and while they
are having their may eu elections simply lay out the options and let the
people decide. The question has now moved so far away from out or in to be
impossible to guess what is best.They need to come clean and say.
Brian

Problem there is it;s up to the EU and it;s not like theyvlie about anything is it.
Don't forget that the final date was 29th March. or was it the 12th April, when we leave whether or not we have a deal. For some reason the EU wants us to have a deal, or is it they want us to remain ?, I've no idea what the EU want and it seems the EU aren't too sure either, otherwise why the extention for 6 months.

Maybe we;l have another vote, obviously we can't allow racists as vote according to T i m as they aren;t real people, then there's harry who wonlt let black people vote or is it just muslims or those that dont; believ in his God, again I don't know.,Of course we know people might have changed their mind in what will be the last 3 years, but then peolpe do change their mind, which is why we have electrions every 4 or so years or as D. cameron put it, this is a once in a generation vote and he'll take notice of that vote, so how many more referedums should we have in this generation, again I don't know, it's not like its up to the voters in a referdum is it, because they aren't classed as people by some, and perhaps those that do change their mind more than once in a generation shouldn't be allowed to vote anyway :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mr Pounder Esquire" wrote in message
whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

You wear a bodycam that is sending the video to the cloud and an apple
watch. You walk in and tell the suntanned people that they have been
sprung and that you will be telling the cops about their scam. They will
kill you and chop up your smelly morbidly obese corpse and the cops
will be able to use the footage to put them all in jail for doing that.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-...-data/10995210

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I'd like however some clarification of what the options are and while they
are having their may eu elections simply lay out the options and let the
people decide. The question has now moved so far away from out or in to be
impossible to guess what is best.They need to come clean and say.

Not possible because even now its not possible
to know what the parliamentary clown show will
actually accept even if a super majority vote for that.

Or what the EU will accept either. Up till yesterday it
wasn’t even clear if the EU would accept another delay.

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the
gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars
in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind there
was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice ethnic
chap
...he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/2019 14:39, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

Those that have come to this area have certainly come to work and do so.
The problem is their children also come and need school places and
people who have lived here all their lives find that they cannot get
their child in, because so many HMOs have been set up and are closer to
the school.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 05:38:11 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

Around the corner is a Nails Studio. The staff have very good suntans,
they rent the place from a bloke who also has a very good suntan.
There is no way that the studio, which has been there for over 4 years,
can be showing a profit, or a livelihood.The place is open for maybe four
days per week. I see few customers. The staff drive BMWs.
How do I report?

You wear a bodycam that is sending the video to the cloud and an apple

Trust that the senile Ozzietard has ALL the answers, AGAIN! LOL

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 12 Apr 2019 06:01:22 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Not possible because even now its not possible

Trust that the senile Ozzi cretin has ALL the answers, AGAIN! LMAO

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/04/2019 13:08, GB wrote:
On 11/04/2019 13:01, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the
gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five
beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind
there was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice
ethnic chap
....he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

When we leave, we'll become so poor that the Romanians won't want to
come. Job done, eh!

Then why all the whingeing no one will be around to do crop picking?

This can only be good news for land owners.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/04/2019 22:55, Fredxx wrote:
On 11/04/2019 13:08, GB wrote:
On 11/04/2019 13:01, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the
gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five
beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind
there was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice
ethnic chap
....he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

When we leave, we'll become so poor that the Romanians won't want to
come. Job done, eh!

Then why all the whingeing no one will be around to do crop picking?

This can only be good news for land owners.

There must be some logical reasoning there, somewhere, but I'm buggered
if I can work it out.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Those that have come to this area have certainly come to work and do so.
The problem is their children also come and need school places and
people who have lived here all their lives find that they cannot get
their child in, because so many HMOs have been set up and are closer to
the school.

Love to know the figures on how many Europeans come here complete with
dependants. Most who come looking for casual work aren't going to bother.
More likely to send money home, where costs are lower. Or rather that
seems to be the norm in London.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Those that have come to this area have certainly come to work and do so.
The problem is their children also come and need school places and
people who have lived here all their lives find that they cannot get
their child in, because so many HMOs have been set up and are closer to
the school.

Love to know the figures on how many Europeans come here complete with
dependants. Most who come looking for casual work aren't going to bother.
More likely to send money home, where costs are lower. Or rather that
seems to be the norm in London.

I don't have those figures, but I do have the ones for the local school
by direct experience. 23 applicants and 26 places when our eldest son
started there; 54 applicants and 26 places when his brother was due to
start 3 years later. Over those three years a large number of big
Victorian terraces in the area, including a number directly opposite the
school were converted to flats/HMOs and the playground each morning
changed from almost entirely people who'd grown up in the area to being
around 30% full of (mainly) East Europeans. As we are 75 yards outside
the catchment area, we had four months of worry, study of the situation
and legal appeal to get him in - it being impossible for me to take or
collect either of them as my work started too early and ended too late;
while my wife could not get one to one school, one to another and the
third to nursery, get a six hour working day in and then pick them all
up, when two would finish at exactly the same time, but over a mile apart!

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-...perts-to-give-
evidence-about-smar****ch-data/10995210

Khashoggi was also using a smar****ch to stream audio to the
cloud when he was murdered in the Saudi Embassy in Istanbul.

No he was not. The apple watch can't do that in that situation. That
was just another lie to cover up the fact that the embassy was bugged.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 13 Apr 2019 12:12:03 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Khashoggi was also using a smar****ch to stream audio to the
cloud when he was murdered in the Saudi Embassy in Istanbul.

No he was not.

LOL! Trust that our clinically insane auto-contradictor knows it ALL better,
AGAIN!

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 11 April 2019 14:39:33 UTC+1, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

They do some sort of a non-job (eg selling Big Issue) so they can claim supplementary benefits.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

If you drive past a local very well regarded girls school, at chucking out
time, you'd instantly notice that the vast majority are Asian. Perhaps
10:1 Asian to white.

Nothing new about that in parts of the UK. And nothing to do with the EU.
And it's a fairly new school too.

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13/04/2019 11:30, harry wrote:
On Thursday, 11 April 2019 13:08:18 UTC+1, GB wrote:
On 11/04/2019 13:01, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
oh well another six months of this pish.....keeping themselves on the gravy
train.........I just remembered why I voted leave today....five beggars in
the Paisley town centre ...three of them Romanian...not to mention the
thieving Romanian *******s at the car boot sales.......never mind there was
a nice curry and rice for £3 in the piazza centre made by a nice ethnic chap
....he can stay......that is a joke the wee Scottish bint welcomes all
incomers while putting our income tax up ........

When we leave, we'll become so poor that the Romanians won't want to
come. Job done, eh!

Bollix.

A lot have already gone home because the exchange rate is poor so they
can get more Euros elsewhere.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

--

Terry

---
https://www.avg.com

Posted to uk.d-i-y
NY NY is offline

"Terry Casey" wrote in message
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Because we get people like a Christian friend of mine who think that it is
our moral duty to allow as many immigrants into the country as want to come,
so we can give them a "better life" and help them escape persecution back
home. I prefer putting up signs saying "Sorry, the UK is now full" and that
we choose *who* as well as how many immigrants are allowed in, on the basis
of one in for one (emigrant) out, with everyone who wants to live here
having to have a safe job to go to, rather than moving here speculatively. I
would also like to see any non-UK people prohibited from taking money that
they earn here out of the country where it has greater buying power back
home: earn it here, spend it here.

Does anyone have any statistics for the proportion of new houses that are
being built which are for non-UK immigrants, compared with UK people who are
setting up separate homes after a divorce/break-up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2019 14:10, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

because we would hav been in trouble with ECHR as they are all
'dependants' and 'family'

Allegedly

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of immigrants to
do jobs the English don't want to do. And the idea that paying a little
more for those jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 April 2019 14:10:55 UTC+1, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Because the majority of doctors health profesionals come from india and pakistan while the car clearners come from the eastern Europena countries so which do you prefer to cut down on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of immigrants to
do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long and we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.
We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges so everyone could go to university and sit behind desks, and if they could do that they were useless.

And the idea that paying a little
more for those jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less than £2.50 an hour.
Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an hour.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of immigrants
to do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long and
we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

'We'? ;-) Why do they flock here if the hours are worse than other EU
countries?

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges so
everyone could go to university and sit behind desks, and if they could
do that they were useless.

Quite. All the building trades workers in London seem to hail from eastern
Europe now. And they ain't working for beads.

And the idea that paying a little
more for those jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less
than £2.50 an hour.

You seem absolutely fixated with car cleaners. Odd, given you don't own a
car.

Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would
undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an
hour.

I get the impression most kids couldn't do the sort of jobs you did for
that bob a job in the old days.

--
*Can vegetarians eat animal crackers?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2019 14:10, Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

because we would hav been in trouble with ECHR as they are all
'dependants' and 'family'

Allegedly

More TNP fantasy.

We aren't leaving the ECHR so leaving the EU will make no difference.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"NY" wrote in message
o.uk...
[...]

Given the problem of finding the money for a new house after
a divorce/break up, its unlikely that too many get a new house
built for them in that situation. And even the stinking rich russians
and middle easterners etc appear to be more interest in flats than
houses being built for them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

[...]

More likely the cost of training as a doctor or nurse.

Not sure that those who wash the bedpans etc work long hours
and presumably they have a machine that washes those.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges

Thats bull****.

so everyone could go to university and sit behind
desks, and if they could do that they were useless.

And the idea that paying a little more for those
jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less
than £2.50
an hour.Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would
undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an hour.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:06:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Given the problem of finding the money for a new house after
a divorce/break up, its unlikely that too many get a new house
built for them in that situation. And even the stinking rich russians
and middle easterners etc appear to be more interest in flats than
houses being built for them.

Good grief, is there NOTHING that you do NOT have a ready answer for, you
self-opinionated abnormal senile asshole?

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 16 Apr 2019 04:11:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long
and we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

More likely

None of yours, Ozzietard

Not sure

None of yours, Ozzietard!

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges

That¢s bull****.

None of yours, senile Ozzietard!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/04/2019 15:40, whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

Here the increase is East Europeans, not Asians, although a few miles
away it is indeed Asians. My point is that immigration as a whole is too
high and we need to cut it down. So far governments have failed to do
that and even if they did at the moment, there would be a gaping hole in
that we have no restrictions on the numbers coming from the EU.

Without looking it up, I think that half or slighly more of
the immigrants over the past few years have been from outside
the EU, so we could (and should have done already) slash the
figures by 50% without leaving the EU.

So why didn't we?

Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of immigrants to
do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long and we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

There are a couple of different problems.

With doctors, a lot are retiring early, because the government reduced
the lifetime cap on pensions, so it makes more sense for them to retire
early instead of continuing to contribute to their pension pot and being
taxed heavily for it.

With both doctors and nurses, we simply don't offer enough training
places. A few years ago, the papers were full of stories of the
government keeping nurse training places way below that required and of
junior doctors, having completed their first 3(?) years of training,
being unable to find anywhere in the UK to obtain placements to work and
continue their training and so leaving for other EU countries.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges so everyone could go to university and sit behind desks, and if they could do that they were useless.

Yes. No-one wanted to train people for manual, practical work when they
could simply bring in someone ready trained from abroad.

And the idea that paying a little
more for those jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less than £2.50 an hour.
Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an hour.

Many people are caught in a poverty trap. They know that if they get a
minimum wage job, they will be little or no better off for a whole lot
of effort; housing benefit will cease, as will council tax benefit. Only
a little more per hour can make a difference though. However, what
employer is going to pay that bit more, when they can get someone from
abroad, at minimum wage?

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 April 2019 16:31:09 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Quite. But this country has relied too long on a stream of immigrants
to do jobs the English don't want to do.

Perhaps with doctors and nurses it;s because the hours are too long and
we in the UK do work longer hours than a lot of EU wrokers.

'We'? ;-) Why do they flock here if the hours are worse than other EU
countries?

Why said they are flocking here and who are they. There's more than one type of EU citizen.
Why are they'flocking here to live in tents and run down buildings ?
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/67...n-shanty-towns

Why come here when all, it costs to build a home for a large family costs only £8000, when here it'll cost at least 500,000.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges so
everyone could go to university and sit behind desks, and if they could
do that they were useless.

Quite. All the building trades workers in London seem to hail from eastern
Europe now. And they ain't working for beads.

One wonders then how they got their skills, could it be that they were taught and that for them memorising shakespear and how to get on in admin wasn't taught.

Of course this has all happened while in the EU, coincidence ?

And the idea that paying a little
more for those jobs will end the dole queue just plain daft.

A little more is of little use if you can employ car cleaners for less
than £2.50 an hour.

You seem absolutely fixated with car cleaners. Odd, given you don't own a
car.

Why car cleaners, well, when we were told that opening the boarders with eastern europe to get more health professionals, the first person interviewed coming off the ferry said "I can clean cars good" which didnlt sound like the sort of thing the porofessionals we were promised would say.
Of course I could have mention those serving coffee, but I don't use thaose services either, or the sex industry.
On friday night as I cut through an alley way there were two eastern europeans standing in the alley talking drinking beer smoking, they were in their 40s if not 50s, they weren't threatening, even if a bit loud and drunk, but I did wonder why they were standing their amonst a pile of dog ends.
This was about 1:30am Friday night/saturday morning.
It just seemed a strange place for them to hang out. But there were 3 of us so I wans't worried. But a couple of years ago a women was robbed and knifed there.
It;s near to where a youth was shot last year too.

Perhaps we could go back to employing kids on bob-a-job that would
undercut all the low grade EU workers I doubt they'll work for 5p an
hour.

I get the impression most kids couldn't do the sort of jobs you did for
that bob a job in the old days.

I never did that, did you work down the mines at the age of 10 ?
kids of today bloody useless, unless it;s something to do with a smartphone or knifing someone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 15 April 2019 19:18:59 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 15 April 2019 15:08:59 UTC+1, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Terry Casey wrote:
In article , steve@walker-
family.me.uk says...

[...]

So why does it cost so much, if india and pakistan can afford it, and we get quite a few from the philapines and they can afford to train nurses up and export them to the UK.
How can a poor country afford to train such useful people.

Not sure that those who wash the bedpans etc work long hours
and presumably they have a machine that washes those.

Someone has to load the machines.

We got rid of the other practical skills and technical collges

Thats bull****.

Back on the subject you know most about are we.

How much does it cost to heat "corned beef brisket" for 2 hours at350 degrees? Banter Home Repair 47 March 31st 13 04:36 AM
Bloody Ebay Dan Caster Metalworking 6 July 24th 04 02:33 PM
bloody Russian/Chinese Gangsters Michael Mcneil UK diy 5 May 18th 04 12:52 AM
A pestilence upon my bloody boiler! (help please) JB UK diy 14 December 1st 03 09:47 PM
Bloody cap screws... Robin S. Metalworking 21 November 21st 03 11:41 PM